The online racing simulator
[SR] Announce GTi Racing
(182 posts, started )
As I said I was done, but that's frankly rather immature.

Personally I think you're a ***** but that doesn't matter.
5 letter swear word, *thinks*
In an attempt to play the role of Koffie Anan here (and by that i don't mean allegedly misappropriate some monies :schwitz

SR servers have stepped up to fill a void, and understandably will attract many drivers on. It is unfortunate, but driver will be drawn to whatever is busy, and you'll at times get some 'A' grade Muppet (last night there was a guy drifting in front of me....sharp blast of the horn and he quickly halted) It's not possible for admins to be on % all the time, they will also wish to race.

As for the incident in question, there is a high chance that those SR drivers that were on, and did not have any admin powers. This point has been made before, but I feel some have not been able to take it on board. As such they can do little to ban the wrecker immediately, however as far as I'm aware the vote to kick option is still available.

But because there seems to be no action taken, does not mean that those SR drivers have not reported it, or have not seen it. Remember, some sim racers have a life outside of the PC (strange I know....I would like to know where they got it).

Just because action is being taken as quickly as you would like, does not mean revenge wrecking should be an option. Revenge wrecking is one of the lowest actions a sim racer could take.

So to some up.......chill out and race for poops and giggles guys.
One more point I think needs to be made. It is wise for us to not admin at all while racing as this can lead to emotional decisions. It is better for the racers to admin the servers themselves as much as possible, by using the vote kick/ban option and the report system. Most of the people in the servers now have had time to know who they can trust etc, and if a respected racer says driver X is a wrecker, usually they get voted out of the servers pretty sharpish. This is something that you couldn't do with CTRA, and if used correctly does work well.
Quote from jasonmatthews :if a respected racer says driver X is a wrecker, usually they get voted out of the servers pretty sharpish.

on the flip side, you get people who vote for no reason and muppets keep pressing 1.

(i'm not saying that happens at SR, but what server with voting enabled doesn't have this problem?)
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Just because action is being taken as quickly as you would like, does not mean revenge wrecking should be an option. Revenge wrecking is one of the lowest actions a sim racer could take.

I don't think anyone is understanding what I am saying.. I am new to LFS, I didn't even know what revenge wrecking was before I got banned (if you were in the server at the time you probably saw me ask what's revenge wrecking right before I got banned) I wasn't aware of the website/forum and the ability to report people, HELL I didn't even know how to save a replay! I informed an admin of the person wrecking me several times per race, and it went on for 3-4 races. He was never kicked so I assumed the admins weren't doing anything about it. I think a 2 week ban is just ridiculous for a 1st time offense, also considering I AM NEW TO LFS and didn't know about anything!
New to lfs? 20 months, you consider to be new? Or did you first get the demo 20 months ago and only recently came back and bought an s2 licence?

Quote :I wasn't aware of the website/forum and the ability to report people

So you noticed the chat in the top left, you even know how to add to the chat in the top left but you failed to spot the reminder of where to go to report people which appears frequently in a different colour!. Pull the other one.

Man up, accept your ban and learn from it.
Quote from menantoll :New to lfs? 20 months, you consider to be new? Or did you first get the demo 20 months ago and only recently came back and bought an s2 licence?

So you noticed the chat in the top left, you even know how to add to the chat in the top left but you failed to spot the reminder of where to go to report people which appears frequently in a different colour!. Pull the other one.

Man up, accept your ban and learn from it.

yes I had the demo for a while but rarely played. I bought S2 back in January but started playing iRacing the very next day.

And no I never noticed the streaming? chat things.
Quote from X_Deaf_Monkey_X :And no I never noticed the streaming? chat things.

Yet earlier you wrote

Quote :if you were in the server at the time you probably saw me ask what's revenge wrecking right before I got banned

Whats that I can smell?

Short bans are handed out to give people time to reflect on their actions and come back with a better attitude. Personally, after your weak excuses I would extend your ban as it is plain that you are unable to do that. Luckily for you I have nothing to do with [SR]
Quote from X_Deaf_Monkey_X :I don't think anyone is understanding what I am saying.. I am new to LFS, I didn't even know what revenge wrecking was before I got banned (if you were in the server at the time you probably saw me ask what's revenge wrecking right before I got banned)

Yet you go on to say 2 posts later that you have played iRacing, so I would guess that you are aware of general sim racing etiquette. One of the big DO NOT DO is wrecking and revenge wrecking….LFS is no different.
Quote from X_Deaf_Monkey_X :
I wasn't aware of the website/forum and the ability to report people, HELL I didn't even know how to save a replay!

Well there’s little else that the admins can do, since there is a blatant message at the start of every race.
I informed an admin of the person wrecking me several times per race, and it went on for 3-4 races. He was never kicked so I assumed the admins weren't doing anything about it.

Which leads me to believe that the ‘admin’ you reported it to wasn’t in fact an admin, but SR drivers who have no admin power on the server.
I think a 2 week ban is just ridiculous for a 1st time offense, also considering I AM NEW TO LFS and didn't know about anything

It may seem unfair, but that is life. Learn from it, use it to become a better, safer, more courteous driver and no doubt I will see you on the track in less than a fortnights time.
#161 - CSF
Quote from bunder9999 :on the flip side, you get people who vote for no reason and muppets keep pressing 1.

(i'm not saying that happens at SR, but what server with voting enabled doesn't have this problem?)

If I go on the server to admin I usually turn off vote ban. Occasionally I do go on the server to admin only. Maybe I will do this a bit more now, and give up my racing (Wrecking Gil...) since that seems to be what you all want...
Quote from X_Deaf_Monkey_X :I don't think anyone is understanding what I am saying.. I am new to LFS, I didn't even know what revenge wrecking was before I got banned (if you were in the server at the time you probably saw me ask what's revenge wrecking right before I got banned)

As I already said on our forum:
Even if you don't know the term "revenge wrecking" you certainly do know that it is not ok to aim for another racer with full throttle right before a corner? Or are you that...unintelligent?

Quote from X_Deaf_Monkey_X :I wasn't aware of the website/forum and the ability to report people

You apparently were able to read the chat. Too bad for you, that the link to our site is displayed in the chat at the beginning of every race so your poor excuse isn't valid.

Quote from X_Deaf_Monkey_X :HELL I didn't even know how to save a replay!

You asked how to do it and I told you. Another poor excuse.

Quote from X_Deaf_Monkey_X :I informed an admin of the person wrecking me several times per race, and it went on for 3-4 races. He was never kicked so I assumed the admins weren't doing anything about it.

That's just a blatant lie. It was like this, as I already posted:

Quote from zeugnimod :The "report" consisted of "tell xxx to chill, he hit me twice". Which I did and told him I would have a look at the replay later since that one sentence doesn't look as if xxx is a bad wrecker, does it? I got no reply to that.

After the next race, UberDeafOne tells me to check the replay for xxx's "move" in the second to last corner which I promptly do. It is indeed quite a bad move. The user in question does receive a ban for this (and several other instances of dirty driving). But I keep watching and am pretty surprised to see UberDeafOne "revenge wrecking" driver xxx in the last corner. I go back to the server and immediately ban UberDeafOne for this since revenge wrecking is not tolerated at all on our servers.

Quote from X_Deaf_Monkey_X :I think a 2 week ban is just ridiculous for a 1st time offense, also considering I AM NEW TO LFS and didn't know about anything!

I personally think a 2 week ban for revenge wrecking is far too short. And if it's an action like revenge wrecking it doesn't matter if you are racing in LFS for 10 minutes or 10 years.
I am (slowly) trying to get back into LFS racing, and had some races on this server last night.

Was a lot of fun, close and clean racing
That's great to hear/read.
Just get yourself towards the front of the grid, its pretty clean up there
Quote from HVS5b :Just get yourself towards the front of the grid, its pretty clean up there

Give me advice how to pass the 20 others then without sending out 20 reports?
Quite easy actually. All you have to do is set a fast lap, you will then start 9th in the next race
It would, but they won't let me do fast laps
You know...the people..the backmarkers won't let me...
I found driving the XRG is a good way to escape the XFG masses
I might be stupid, but I simply don't get it how to change car changes anything
Give me an adice how to survive.

So far I tried the agressive driving way, witch was a total dissaster and resultet in a nice 25 car pileup some days ago. I have tried beeing defencive and really giving room, but then just to find out some people behind me will go full speed into my ass in the first corner.
Because it gets off the line FAR better and quicker than the XFG, even at the back you can pass a good 4 or 5 cars, then just settle in and watch the next few cars take each other out, then proceed to have some nice racing with those at the front
If i'm starting from the back i prefer a different method to danowats. Start racing lets say after 3-4 corners. So just sit back and observe, don't leave a big cap to the whole group just enough to brake early when you see the big pile up. Usually after 2-3 corners i end up in the middle of the back when avoiding the pile ups. Then just start racing and picking up places one by one . (I've had bad luck with that getting off the line with the XRG and getting 4/5 cars in the start, but you might need to find something that works for you.)
Front wheel drive cars are not worthy of ever coming anywhere near a racing track, unless they happen to be a Mini.
I just stopped in for a few races tonight, and I had a lot of fun. Clean racing all around, very friendly people in there, and overall a lot of fun. I like racing the slower cars, XRG most of all, and I like that the server runs S2 tracks as well, the old CTRA server never ran S2 tracks for the slower cars, it was only S1 tracks. I might just get back into LFS now! Thanks for the great server [SR]!
Just popping in to report this small error:

Sonicrealms Racing : <br /><b>Parse error</b>: syntax error, unexpected $end in <b

Disregard if it's already been reported

[SR] Announce GTi Racing
(182 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG