The online racing simulator
[SR] Announce GTi Racing
(182 posts, started )
Quote from bunder9999 :so many noobs... i don't know how many people crashed into me in 3-4 races.

i admit i'm not perfect either, but omg, it's ctra race 1 all over again.

Report!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Report!

why should i register on yet-another-forum just to report someone? there's 3 or 4 SR guys on there...

i have the replays if someone is willing to review them, but i won't post them here.
#103 - CSF
Quote from bunder9999 :why should i register on yet-another-forum just to report someone? there's 3 or 4 SR guys on there...

i have the replays if someone is willing to review them, but i won't post them here.

Did you ever report on CTRA, or just complain that there were people ruining your races?

Not all SR members hold the admin passwords to the FOX and GTi server.
Quote from CSF :Not all SR members hold the admin passwords to the FOX and GTi server.

And even 4 people can miss incidents

[Especially if one of them is Chris ]
#105 - CSF
At least I am not at dinner every 5 minutes.
Quote from CSF :At least I am not at dinner every 5 minutes.

/me goes to think of a comeback
Quote from CSF :Did you ever report on CTRA, or just complain that there were people ruining your races?

since there were only a few tards on the uf-br server, i only had to file four (or five, around there) reports in my brief ctra career. two of which were still pending when ctra closed.

edit: in the meantime, i've sent a pm to zeug with my text report. if he wants the replays, i'll put them somewhere.
It's worth signing up at the forum in order to report wrecking. Think of it as spring cleaning. For the greater good and all that.
HI I was just banned from your GTi server for "revenge wrecking" SEVERAL (3 or 4) races in a row, a racer rammed me out of the way for position. Instead of actually racing, he would go off track just to get by me. The last time he did it, was the 2nd to last turn on Blackwood. I was all the way on the INSIDE, and he went ON THE GRASS and hit me mid-turn, OBVIOUSLY deliberately. I had notified an admin on the server about his actions, but nothing was being done???? The admin knew what this racer was doing, but chose not to kick him even after SEVERAL races of him ramming me and other people??? The last race he did it, I rammed him back in the next turn to get my position back. The admin then banned me for revenge wrecking?!?!? This is REALLY UNFAIR. What was I supposed to do, just let the kid ram me every race without consequence??? I came to LFS from iRacing to get away from the serious-ness on that sim, only to find kids like this breaking server rules without consequence. I really would like to get unbanned as I feel my ban was NOT justified. I enjoy racing the slower cars (XFG and XRT) and your server is ALWAYS full.

Figured I would post this here as well as your forums...
Enjoyed a few races on the server, can't say I've had any problems with lag myself, though other people were quite laggy.

Also had a couple of issues with a few drivers being stupid when blocking, but i tended to keep out of their way on the next race.

Overall a good server deffo be going back on!
From reading your little report your actions were in my mind justified. Bollocks to all this "oh my god revenge wrecking so badz0r11!!!!", if admins are present and nothing is being done, people take actions into their own hands, as is so often the case in real life with the police and government etc..

I for one hope you get unbanned but it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't. Laughable admining most of the time, unfortunately.. there's never a happy medium.
Revenge wreckers are the lowest of the low In LFS, selfish acts by selfish people.
Quote from JohnPenn :Revenge wreckers are the lowest of the low In LFS, selfish acts by selfish people.

O RLY? Even when they are wrecked intentionally by other people? I don't see how revenge wrecking is worse than being wrecked intentionally. Your statement may be true if the 1st wreck was accidental, but in my case it/they were not.
Yes ...think about it, imagine what would happen if everyone acted like you? report them with a replay to support you complaint make the server a little better, bring something to table.
Quote from JohnPenn :yes really

Well I'll find you in a server sometime and I'll make friends with teh admins and I will wreck you race after race and we'll see what you do.... :rolleyes:
Quote from JohnPenn :yes really

mhh, sometimes a little push on the grass brings these wreckers back on to reality, and they may leave if someone takes revenge. Doing nothing is imo (from what I obserbed) the worst, they won't stop till they're bored
Quote from X_Deaf_Monkey_X :Well I'll find you in a server sometime and I'll make friends with teh admins and I will wreck you race after race and we'll see what you do.... :rolleyes:

I know what I would do
[QUOTE=ACCAkut;1138551]mhh, sometimes a little push on the grass brings these wreckers back on to reality, and they may leave if someone takes revenge. Doing nothing is imo (from what I obserbed) the worst, they won't stop till they're bored [/QUOTE

But the point is you can do something that will not just make you feel better at the time, but will help to weed out LFS users who are not on the server to race,revenge wrecking doesn't work its part the problem not the answer to it.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :From reading your little report your actions were in my mind justified. Bollocks to all this "oh my god revenge wrecking so badz0r11!!!!", if admins are present and nothing is being done, people take actions into their own hands, as is so often the case in real life with the police and government etc..

I for one hope you get unbanned but it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't. Laughable admining most of the time, unfortunately.. there's never a happy medium.

Someone steals from your house, you steal from theirs? Or do you call the police? If you do steal back chances are they'll call the police...

Here someone wrecks you, you tell an admin or report it. If you wreck him back, your not any better then him, you're still wrecking and should face the consequences.
Admins that go on arent there necessarily to admin, thats what the report process is for, they're there to have fun like anyone else. Over the past week ive had people moaning at me that im not banning people but what people dont realise is that not all SR member have got admin rights and rightly so. If you have problems just report it in the GTI Server report thread on the forums, dont come here bitching because no one has done anything about somebody that wrecked you. It doesnt get anyone anywhere.

Also ive witnessed people who normally race really well taking matter into their own hands and getting "revenge" on the person that either hit them off or spun them in the previous race, its just not necessary.
John while I otherwise respect your nice personality and mature stance on most things I have to say that if someone is CONSTANTLY and PERSISTENTLY wrecking you, that a normal man may eventually snap!

I agree it's not any better than wrecking itself, but if the admins won't do anything (as in this case they knew of the issue but were too PC to bother typing /ban moron 99999), and it's causing a problem race after race then it may be necessary to sort the problem yourself.

Quote from evilpimp :Someone steals from your house, you steal from theirs? Or do you call the police? If you do steal back chances are they'll call the police...

Here someone wrecks you, you tell an admin or report it. If you wreck him back, your not any better then him, you're still wrecking and should face the consequences.

If someone steals from me (something of value, like my bike), and I know who it is, I would either take a sledgehammer to their face or otherwise render them completely broken to the world. Why? Well the police never do anything anyway.

It seems that in this case that the user in question DID report it to an admin who was apparently fully aware of the situation but did nothing. So taking your police example, a policeman sees someone being mugged and stands by idly. Now while you may indeed sit there, I'd be first to jump in and help..

As for reports, well, see CTRA...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :John while I otherwise respect your nice personality and mature stance on most things I have to say that if someone is CONSTANTLY and PERSISTENTLY wrecking you, that a normal man may eventually snap!

I agree it's not any better than wrecking itself, but if the admins won't do anything (as in this case they knew of the issue but were too PC to bother typing /ban moron 99999), and it's causing a problem race after race then it may be necessary to sort the problem yourself.

If someone steals from me (something of value, like my bike), and I know who it is, I would either take a sledgehammer to their face or otherwise render them completely broken to the world. Why? Well the police never do anything anyway.

It seems that in this case that the user in question DID report it to an admin who was apparently fully aware of the situation but did nothing. So taking your police example, a policeman sees someone being mugged and stands by idly. Now while you may indeed sit there, I'd be first to jump in and help..

As for reports, well, see CTRA...

Yeah.... because everyone has the knowledge etc. to create a system that handles all the reports etc. as well (or not that well) as CTRA did. Then you get the problem of idiots abusing it and reporting anyone and everyone for as much as being nudged and passed. If you had your own server, your telling me you would interupt your race because someone would rather you sat there 24/7 watching over everyone and giving the morons a ban or a warning?
Well Rob, to be fair when I said "CTRA" I meant that the report system soon ****ed up and became irrelevant. I didn't mean create a system in the same vain. I meant how it totally failed. (Not saying CTRA sucked or anything go away flamers)

If it were my server it'd be a "one chance and then you're out" kind of thing. If the server I was running was that busy I'd get some regular admins (maybe 10 or 12, most likely from my team, Sonic has so many members there's no real excuse!). There's too much of the "oh ok you get 3 warnings" crap because people who can't drive safely don't magically become clean drivers after being given a virtual warning. Just ban the ****ers and let the clean(er) drivers enjoy the environment.

Just my 2c anyway.
yes but not everyone has the time to sit and admin a server all the time and most of the active SR member's either race during the day and during the evenings on either the GTI Server or FOX server. I know there is a report team who sit and read through all the reports and then watch replays and hand out the relevant bans/warnings but what else there is i honestly dont know as im not involved in the whole admin thing. You'd have to ask one of the team leaders about that.
LoL! Jamie, some of the people that tend to steal things, tend to have big, agressive families, usually the most case is, its not them thats the problem its who they know. I know the guy that tried to steal my bike a while back but hes a gypsie, knows where my grandad lives so i won't do anything through fear for me and my family especially seen as he couldn't manage to do it anyway, karma is the solution to the worlds problems and one day he WILL get whats coming to him, maybe not from me but someone will.

Same in LFS he will get whats coming to him, can't say i haven't taken things into my own hands on that server a few times , but nothing major, is someone pushes me onto the grass ill turn into them to tell them im there. If someone wrecked me, id report it. When revenge wrecking, you need some descression, don't do somethng back that could get YOU banned, simple.

[SR] Announce GTi Racing
(182 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG