The online racing simulator
[SR] Announce GTi Racing
(182 posts, started )
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :LoL! Jamie, some of the people that tend to steal things, tend to have big, agressive families, usually the most case is, its not them thats the problem its who they know. I know the guy that tried to steal my bike a while back but hes a gypsie, knows where my grandad lives so i won't do anything through fear for me and my family especially seen as he couldn't manage to do it anyway, karma is the solution to the worlds problems and one day he WILL get whats coming to him, maybe not from me but someone will.

I agree. But big and aggression will tend to stop if they find someone bigger than them. Bunch of kids beating you up at school? Because maybe you don't do anything? Smack them back and show them you won't take it and 99% of the time they'll leave you alone.

Quote :Same in LFS he will get whats coming to him, can't say i haven't taken things into my own hands on that server a few times , but nothing major, is someone pushes me onto the grass ill turn into them to tell them im there. If someone wrecked me, id report it. When revenge wrecking, you need some descression, don't do somethng back that could get YOU banned, simple.

I do agree, maybe you misunderstood my point. I'm not saying it's right and that it solves anything, but generally it'll make the other guy just leave you alone. After all, he obviously won't get banned. (!)
OK guys, let me clear this up for you

Revenge wrecking is NOT allowed on any SR server, and will not be. If you have a problem with someone, report him on our forum, with a replay! SR members often go on the server to race too, you know

In this case, the "other guy", was banned too, after someone supplied replays of him
Quote from Gil07 :OK guys, let me clear this up for you

Revenge wrecking is NOT allowed on any SR server, and will not be. If you have a problem with someone, report him on our forum, with a replay! SR members often go on the server to race too, you know

In this case, the "other guy", was banned too, after someone supplied replays of him

Well I guess that's good. I wasn't even aware of the report thread on your forums.. oh well. Now how do I go about finding how long my ban is?
the server is like empty
i swear there were like 30 ppl in there yesterday at this time
I was racing just moments ago, and suddenly everyone left... I guess everyone has important stuff to do tomorrow morning
Quote from Gil07 :I guess everyone has important stuff to do tomorrow morning

not me!
live adminning is not as easy as it seems.

[sr] has gone through the painstaking efforts of having a report sytem-so use it.

if someone is giving you hell on track spectate. save the replay, notify an admin that may be speccing also, and wait for the next race.

chances are if a wrecker is up yer ass for more than a lap yer not doing too well anyway, so save yer efforts for the next one.

my 2 cents.....
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I agree it's not any better than wrecking itself, but if the admins won't do anything (as in this case they knew of the issue but were too PC to bother typing /ban moron 99999)

It seems that in this case that the user in question DID report it to an admin who was apparently fully aware of the situation but did nothing.

The "report" consisted of "tell xxx to chill, he hit me twice". Which I did and told him I would have a look at the replay later since that one sentence doesn't look as if xxx is a bad wrecker, does it? I got no reply to that.

After the next race, UberDeafOne tells me to check the replay for xxx's "move" in the second to last corner which I promptly do. It is indeed quite a bad move. The user in question does receive a ban for this (and several other instances of dirty driving). But I keep watching and am pretty surprised to see UberDeafOne "revenge wrecking" driver xxx in the last corner. I go back to the server and immediately ban UberDeafOne for this since revenge wrecking is not tolerated at all on our servers.

So tell me, what would you have done in this case instead of the laughable admin who is too PC to ban?

Quote from S14 DRIFT :As for reports, well, see CTRA...

As for reports, well, see our forum and show me the reports that haven't been dealt with.

Quote from X_Deaf_Monkey_X :Well I guess that's good. I wasn't even aware of the report thread on your forums.. oh well. Now how do I go about finding how long my ban is?

Read this.

Oh, and this is everything that has to be said on the case of revenge wrecking:

Quote from JohnPenn :Revenge wreckers are the lowest of the low In LFS, selfish acts by selfish people.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :I agree. But big and aggression will tend to stop if they find someone bigger than them. Bunch of kids beating you up at school? Because maybe you don't do anything? Smack them back and show them you won't take it and 99% of the time they'll leave you alone.

I do agree, maybe you misunderstood my point. I'm not saying it's right and that it solves anything, but generally it'll make the other guy just leave you alone. After all, he obviously won't get banned. (!)

You couldn't have got it more wrong actually but im not going into anything because you made a dumb assumption, its no-ones business and it would take quite a while to type.
Well Ziggy, I would have banned the other dude who cut across the grass to hit off this dude. Revenge wrecking may be selfish but if you have to do it in order to get a clean race out then hey, so be it. Am I right in thinking you don't ban without seeing a valid report?
Had some great racing on the server yesterday
Too bad there was these morons that never learns to brake. I swear, of the 3-4 races I raced there, with 8 laps, I at least got hit in the ass three-four times in every one of them. Why canot people learn? People are so damn selfish and don't brake because then they know they just can push me off the road and they gain a higher position. If I were admin on that server there would be MANY warnings and bans yesterday.

So, zeug and you other, you need to be more active and give out warnings, because as it was yesterday it was shit. I had some good racing by great people, but sadly it gets overshadowed by all the absolutle brainscrewed idiots that hit you in the ass on every lap on same spot (T2) .
Well this thread has taken a strange turn

The GTI server is a great place to race but as some have mentioned the standard of racing in general can be poor, but near the front of the grid there is some very good drivers racing clean.

I don't know who in SR are admins but reading this thread it looks like some SR members (like Zeug) are of the "revenge wreckers should be banned with the wreckers" belief a hard line stance but I do happen to agree with
then others (like S14Daft) seem to think revenge wrecking is quite OK as long as its to "teach them a lesson" and posting about being more agressive than the next guy etc, shocking reading.

It is very frustrating joining the server, starting at the back and getting bumped and shoved all race but "teaching someone a lesson" cannot be achieved but repeating their actions and revenge wrecking.

Last time I found the racing at this server alot cleaner than the language, if it were up to me (and its not lol) I would 1 hour bann for swearing also.

SD.
Not 1 hour for swearing, but a 15 minute ban with message "cooldown time. Go grab a snack and come back when your in better mood" would be cool

Now, I did had great racing there, specially in front, but problem is when you are at front and the one behind you bumps you so you lose the line and you go down 3-5 positions. Then when you try to advance trought the field there is NO way to get thorught it without blood and tears shattered. If you try to pass clean people will wreck you, if you are driving carefully to not hit the car in front of you - you will be wrecked by the one behind, and GOD hope you not trying to drive agressively because that JUST doesn't work and you'll find yourselfe in a world of shit lol.

So please, keep an extra eye on people, and give out more active warnings. Lets say 2-3 warnings and you get a little ban. I am not beeing a much of ban fan, but people that clearly canot drive in a pack canot be on this server, they are creating so much problem, and if they canot see that they lack the abilites needed for racing on such a server, well then someone has to "guide" them off the server so they can practie elsewhere.

But that is my opinion, and I am not fan of "eye for a eye" attitute. But I swear I have been tempted when the same person ran into my ass 3 laps after eachothers without saying sorry.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well Ziggy, I would have banned the other dude who cut across the grass to hit off this dude.

That's exactly what I did. Read my post.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Revenge wrecking may be selfish but if you have to do it in order to get a clean race out then hey, so be it.

This sentence is so ridiculous I can't even find proper words to comment it. :rolleyes:

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Am I right in thinking you don't ban without seeing a valid report?

No. Again, read my post. Do you always go around posting crap without reading the threads you post in?

Quote from The Very End :So, zeug and you other, you need to be more active and give out warnings, because as it was yesterday it was shit. I had some good racing by great people, but sadly it gets overshadowed by all the absolutle brainscrewed idiots that hit you in the ass on every lap on same spot (T2) .

So, TVE and you other, you need to be more active and do reports.
Noooes, not the responsebilities
Oh ok, guess we'll all have to do the work.. Hookay, I'll start reporting things if I see something worth taking action against.
i have been visiting the GTI server recently, mainly a SS driver....

just a quick question, why does it seem as tho drivers using auto gears/auto clutch etc have so much of and advantage over hshifting manual clutch etc, or is it more to do with the driver? i havent driven alot using fwd/hshift/clutch in lfs, normally im sequentional using single seaters and am normally on a decent pace, but gti's.... g25 user, any help would be appreciated.

SB
Quote from bully2100 :i have been visiting the GTI server recently, mainly a SS driver....

just a quick question, why does it seem as tho drivers using auto gears/auto clutch etc have so much of and advantage over hshifting manual clutch etc, or is it more to do with the driver? i havent driven alot using fwd/hshift/clutch in lfs, normally im sequentional using single seaters and am normally on a decent pace, but gti's.... g25 user, any help would be appreciated.

SB

- Manual gears always >> auto gears
- Sequential > H-shift (imo)
- auto clutch exploit > all other clutch modes
- manual clutch > auto clutch
- flatshifting > lifting off (if the clutch lasts)

Personally I'd say unless you're consistently matching alien laptimes, go with what's the most fun. If you're really intent on being alien quick, you might have to sacrifice some realism / immersion to maximise laptime gain.
- Manual gears always >> auto gears
- Sequential > H-shift (imo)
- auto clutch exploit > all other clutch modes
- manual clutch > auto clutch
- flatshifting > lifting off (if the clutch lasts)

cheers m8, id agree with that 100%... so flatshifting, i see this alot with all types of vehicle in lfs,an advantage is def gained when doing this(i do use it in FOX), but irl is this such a case?i feel a car, say a sporty hatch, wouldnt last very long, so why is it allowed in gti's?, with no real punishment (clutch), its not possible in the FBM(not in all gears) ,im no driving expert btw, just curious? im def faster with seq gears in the GTI's, but should it be allowed? i cant use Hshifter in a FOX,FO8,BF1 so should i be allowed seq in a GTI? or am i just being petty :-)
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well Ziggy, I would have banned the other dude who cut across the grass to hit off this dude. Revenge wrecking may be selfish but if you have to do it in order to get a clean race out then hey, so be it.

Well I tell you what...

Why don't YOU buy/hire a couple of servers out of your own pocket, form a team, create a website and build up enough goodwill to recruit other racers who will give up their own free time to help you administer reports and such... and then perhaps you can talk.

As it is, Zeug and the other guys do a fantastic job of providing as good an experience as possible on servers which are full almost 24/7. As has been said already, only a handful of the team have been given Admin and banning rights for those servers, and these guys do this in their spare time, so credit where credit's due and let's not troll about how you would do it sooo much better - because until you do, you're all talk frankly.

As for revenge wrecking - it comes down to this... We don't want it on OUR servers. Ours. Paid for by us out of our own pockets. Understand?

Do it and there's a very good chance you will get banned, end of story. Don't like that, you know what to do. Wrecking WILL get the wrecker banned If an admin sees it and/or IF YOU REPORT IT*. We make every effort to be fair and timely in our response, so you have no-one to blame but yourself if you don't follow the procedures we've put in place to ensure the cleanest, fairest servers we can possibly make them.

*the reporting system is hosted on our website because they're our servers. We don't have any moderation control over the LFS forum, so it's only right and proper that the reporting system (with the attendant bandwith usage and uploading of replays storage) be on our website and forum too. Let's not forget - at the end of the day, you are on OUR servers as a guest at our expense. You're more than welcome to use any other servers if you don't like the way ours are run...

Now, how's about instead of bitching about any server not being just about perfect in every conceivable way, you actually give a little bit of thanks for someone/anyone in the community prepared to provide you biatches with somewhere to race and actually make an effort to administer the server and process reports at all...?

That's better. You're welcome.
All this from an immature, attention seeking forum whore who hasn't even been on our servers more than once afaik, S14 Daft, do yourself a favour and stfu. I, and 90% of the LFS community are getting quite sick and tired of your crap posts talking about things you know nothing about in threads you have absolutely no business in. I also remember you being the biggest critic of CTRA, even though you raced there every day and probably contributed to it's downfall with your constant complaining...

FYI, we have around 13 admins for 2 servers and I usually watch and warn people 15 hours a day. We are always watching via remote and all someone has to do is make us aware of someone we should watch, which we will do. You also have the report system, vote kick and vote ban. So if you seriosuly think all these measures are not enough then there is simply no hope for you...

I wasn't around yesterday but I can assure anyone who races on our servers that our admin team were VERY carefully selected for their fairness and have dealt with all wreckers as fast as possible. I don't think 1 single report has not been dealt with within an hour or two, not bad eh??
Well firstly let me say I'd debate every single ****ing point by everyone but my day has been less than peachy and having just got back from work, I cba. So I'll just deal with you. (Jason)

Quote from jasonmatthews :All this from an immature, attention seeking forum whore who hasn't even been on our servers more than once afaik, S14 Daft, do yourself a favour and stfu.

If you're going to be an egotistical forum member (hey I can insult you too!), I've been on your servers maybe 3 or 4 times. Infact I've hardly been on LFS for the last 2 months because of an accident, as well as work and personal relationships meaning I no longer sit behind my computer for 24 hours a day.

Quote : I, and 90% of the LFS community are getting quite sick and tired of your crap posts talking about things you know nothing about in threads you have absolutely no business in.

It's on a public forum and it's a public thread. I have every right to post, and it's not even often I post complete bullshit other than my opinion (hey maybe they are the same, inb4u)... It's not like I march in and spam huge oversized images of a copy pasted image or post a played out 4chan meme in EVERY post. Besides as I've said SO many times, if you don't like what I have to say then you can add me to your ignore list!

Quote :I also remember you being the biggest critic of CTRA, even though you raced there every day and probably contributed to it's downfall with your constant complaining...

That's right, please do blame me for the collapse of a racing system I was proud to be able to race in, having spent probably 60% of my total LFS mileage on the CTRA/STCC servers.. meeting some great people and finding a few new friends, and generally having a laugh. I hasten to add I won most of the races.

'Biggest critic' is at best, an overstatement, and at worst, a ****ing downright piece of A-grade bullshit. The collapse had much more to do with the lack of motivation from the UKCT staff (and overload on Sams behalf, yes even I can understand that).. than 3 (yes, that's right, 3 out of say 1540503084738) reports I had that were awaiting review/action. I wasn't even overly bothered as I stopped caring whether the people who deserved a ban were banned anyway. (if you see what I mean)

Quote :-marketing your server

Nice to know!

</rant mode>

________

Edits, more in general..

1)

As for well why don't I make a server. Simple reason is I don't have to and I haven't. However you(r team) have. Don't expect everyone to bow over and kiss ass just because you have an active server. People are entitled to an opinion and as such you should expect a few harsh comments, I wouldn't even consider mine rude!

To sparkydave :

Don't wish to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet but while I am an aggressive driver, I'm not 'dirty' and I try to be as fair as possible without sacrificing any speed. Don't take my words out of context, I only think that if a PERSISTENT and CONSTANT wrecker who is not being delt with swiftly by admins who are present should be given their own medicine for a change. It's not like I'm PROMOTING active revenge wrecking for little taps..
Ummm, correct if I'm wrong but people usually make an opinion after actually trying something, not before. Why don't you please stop spamming our thread and go play somewhere else
Quote from jasonmatthews :Ummm, correct if I'm wrong but people usually make an opinion after actually trying something, not before. Why don't you please stop spamming our thread and go play somewhere else

As I responded to you in your PM, I hope we can now draw a close on this matter as I concur it's unfair to dig heels in your garden, so to speak. If anyone else has anything to say (unlikely) send it in PM as I'm done in this thread.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well firstly let me say I'd debate every single ****ing point by everyone but my day has been less than peachy and having just got back from work, I cba. So I'll just deal with you. (Jason)

Couldn't find any arguements against the other posts?
Troll noun

[SR] Announce GTi Racing
(182 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG