The online racing simulator
[SR] Announce FOX Championship
(50 posts, started )
FOX at WE1 for 5 lappers was cool fun.

Thanks
I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying the [SR] GTI server at the moment and will definitely drop by the FOX server soon.

Keep it up
Good work SR! Hope it all goes well.
Hehe, hadn't seen this and was wondering why there was a GTI league but no FOX league!

It's all clear now

I'll be busier over on your servers again after the [CD] Skill League Final - at the mo I'm pretty busy getting used to full fuel load in the FZR - yuk!

aceracer
Sorry for the downtime everyone. Our server provider has attempted an upgrade and it seems to have gone horribly wrong. Will let you know as soon as it comes back.

Your points are saved so don't worry about that.
Servers are back online, come by for a race At last...
-
(jasonmatthews) DELETED by jasonmatthews
Quote from aceracer :Hehe, hadn't seen this and was wondering why there was a GTI league but no FOX league!

It's all clear now

I'll be busier over on your servers again after the [CD] Skill League Final - at the mo I'm pretty busy getting used to full fuel load in the FZR - yuk!

aceracer

thats was a shameful plug of the CD league and a epic fail lol i guess its failing alot now SR opened GTI and FOX league. hehe

shame on you
Quote :thats was a shameful plug of the CD league

Erh, not at all! The league is over and the showdown race was invitation only - nothing to plug here, sorry Bread, but you read that completely wrong!

I've been pretty busy over a [SR], only that over the last week I prepared the [CD] showdown race - that's all I tried to say.

And no, [CD] 1 is busier than ever, if anything too busy, since CTRA has shut down.

So what's with the animosity? I can assure you that I have nothing but the greatest respect for [SR] and how they run their servers, and they know that. I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say...

aceracer
Quote from BreadC :thats was a shameful plug of the CD league and a epic fail lol i guess its failing alot now SR opened GTI and FOX league. hehe

shame on you

Quote from aceracer :Erh, not at all! The league is over and the showdown race was invitation only - nothing to plug here, sorry Bread, but you read that completely wrong!

I've been pretty busy over a [SR], only that over the last week I prepared the [CD] showdown race - that's all I tried to say.

And no, [CD] 1 is busier than ever, if anything too busy, since CTRA has shut down.

So what's with the animosity? I can assure you that I have nothing but the greatest respect for [SR] and how they run their servers, and they know that. I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say...

aceracer

Good old Bread forgot to put any smilies. The only clue to him being friendly was the 'hehe' at the end of line 1.
Yeah aceracer, we have got to know you pretty well by now on our servers, and I'm sure Mr Bunby was only kidding
He probably was - with Bread you never know, he has a dual personality disorder - lol

Anyways, no hard feelings here whatsoever, was just a bit surprised - but then we've been teammates for long enough for me to know that's he's completely utterly bonkers in the membrain

aceracer
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz
Man the fox server has WAY too much slot, it's pretty much impossible to do a race without being hit atleast once on a full 32 FOX race especially when anyone can join. Also I start a vote to kick a crasher i instantly get kicked too. When the server is not overpopulated it's very nice, lots of good racers and great races so please, please! change the server to 20slot maximum!
#39 - 5haz
I agree that grids of 25+ cars do get a bit ridiculous on combos such as Blackwood and South City, but what are the alternatives? Limit the number in race and people will bitch or remove people from the starting grid to get in, there could always be more than one server but I'm sure that costs SR money which they might not have.

Just try and find the server when it's quieter, preferably when the USA isn't awake.

That's a JOKE

My only problem is that all to often, those that actually drive stupidly (ignoring blue flags, entering track infront of the leaders, not leaving near enough room etc) are the ones that get away with it while those who turn up to race and end up doing something daft because they get angry, are the ones that have to suffer.
The grid size is ok, i think that when you turn the midrace join option off you will have less crashes. The racers who want to race surely won't have a problem with waiting a view laps to join the next race, while the crashers will leave earlier because they can't join
Great server guys, good to have some full grids with a great car like the FOX. My advice for getting through the field is to be very cautious and if you do get in a crash try to continue, maybe pit and repair the car then go out and set a fast lap in clear air.
Quote from 5haz : there could always be more than one server but I'm sure that costs SR money which they might not have.

the only problem with running more than one server of the same category e.g. 2 FOX Racing servers is that one will always be more popular than the other; resulting in low, if not nil racers in the second server! This happened in the CTRA where the most popular server (where even the fastest drivers raced) was the Bronze (or CTRA1 if I remember) server. The other servers were always quiet in comparison. So it is not a problem of 'SR money' as we have enough servers to run 2 if we wanted; but more the fact that LFS racers tend to gravitate towards the busiest servers for the best (and sometimes worst) races/action. But as with all public servers, you just don't know who is racing and their level of ability, so you just take care, not get too stressed when you get 'accidentally' taken out, and carry on. It's the nature of public servers I'm afraid. But we try and admin it as much as possible and we do respond to all reports via the forum on our website.
Must say, great server, been having some really fun races on it, love having a big grid
Quote from 5haz :
My only problem is that all to often, those that actually drive stupidly (ignoring blue flags, entering track infront of the leaders, not leaving near enough room etc) are the ones that get away with it while those who turn up to race and end up doing something daft because they get angry, are the ones that have to suffer.

If this happens, ask for an SR admin to watch them.

Even if no SR racer/admin is on the track at the time, members of the admin team quite often observe the race (and chat) via LFS Remote, so if we see something or something in the chat indicates there might be a problem, we can do something about it (even if it's only telling them to "Please drive carefully, you are being watched" - coming from an 'invisible' voice in the sky, that can be quite effective - and a bit unnerving. )

We're not on all the time, so don't expect a response necessarily, but it's worth bearing in mind.

Failing that, again, the reporting system on our website is your best bet - I know it's not as 'instant' as immediate action, but think of it as cleaning up the servers one bad racer at a time.

The moral there is, "Don't get angry, and if you do, don't do anything daft."

[GGC] FireDragon wins April's FOX Championship with 67 points. [SR] bLb came 2nd with 54 points and [dRB] PASM came 3rd with 53 points. Congrats Firedragon, well deserved!!
Updated server to the latest airio - 2.2.3

Added 5 mins qualy to every track change.

Added yellow flag counts. No idea how this will work, just on default settings atm.
#49 - 5haz
Hurrah, no more waiting for the next track to load to get your place at the top end of the grid!

[SR] bLb wins May's FOX Championship with 77 points. pcstru came 2nd with 63 points and [ru60]alen235 came 3rd with 61 points. Congrats blb, well deserved!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG