The online racing simulator
[SR] Announce FOX Championship
(50 posts, started )
[SR] Announce FOX Championship
Welcome to the SR FOX Championship.

Our server is named [SR] FOX Racing and we use the Airio Tracker for race control. Tracks rotate after every 8 races, and you can vote to end race to move onto the next track. The grid is ordered by the top 8 in their finishing positions and the rest of the grid is ordered by lap time.

Points awarded on our FOX server will start from Midnight Sunday to the following Sunday. The top 8 finishers score points, with bonus points being awarded for fast lap times and the race best lap time.The top 20 at the end of the week will be awarded points towards a overall FOX league. Also, each month, a winner will be announced for that month on our homepage. So in total there will be 3 leagues. A weekly, monthly and running total.

Type !ptp to see the weekly points table on our server.
You can also see the top 10 for the current week on our homepage - www.sonicrealmsracing.co.uk
A full table is on our FOX page.

Rules

No wrecking, rejoining the track unsafely and swearing. No abusing other drivers. Be polite at all times. If you think someone is ignoring blue flags, wrecking or being abusive, then report them here : http://www.sonicrealmsracing.c ... orum/index.php?board=54.0

We use cursing, blue flag and wrong way filters. If you ignore the blue flag for too long you will be specced, as will driving the wrong way. If you swear you will be kicked. We also use vote kicking and banning. If you are vote banned, rename the file temp.mpr in your lfs/data/mpr folder before rejoining LFS and post it to us on the address above. Vote bans last 12 hours. Anyone abusing this facility could incure a ban themselves, so please do not abuse the vote ban system.

If you crash, please shift-p or shift-s to clear the track to prevent you taking out other drivers. Our server is usually very busy and it can be very frustrating to get crashed by a spinning car, which can lead to a mass pileup, so please consider everyone else on the server.

We want to create a friendly competitive racing environment for you to race, so please help us do this by adhering to these rules. We hope you enjoy your time racing on our servers.
Please note that the full table page hasn't been updated yet, but will be done by the end of the week.
Yeah I see you are 9th already James

Edit: 4th now
Nice job getting all this setup - great addition to an already popular server, its gonna be heaving!
#5 - Riel
Can you enlighten me?

When I drive 100 races in a week, I have for more points than lets say Jimmy who can, due to time, only drive 20.

Is it an option to only count lets say the 15 best races? Or even the 10 best race results where no double race-combo results are possible?

I could never compete because I cannot drive that much

But just a spin in my mind!

BTW I love the Fox-racing ! Always a nice bunch of people!
Well if you drive 100 races in a week and don't come in the top 8 often, or set some great lap times, and Jimmy races 20 races, getting podiums and setting fast lap times, he will kick your ass
-
(EasTon) DELETED by EasTon
Just added a new feature -

We also use a system where if 40 people or more are connected, you will need a time of at least 104% of the WR to race. This system turns off when the connections go back down to 38 or less. This system is only in operation from 18:00 to 23:30 UK time.
I stopped racing for a couple of hours and I lost my position lol :]

Some really nice racing going on too
Yeah Easton, the top 20 at the end of any given week will score championship points, so if you can score enough at the beginning of the week to still be in the top 20 at the end of the week, you will appear on the championship table
Very nice server, with massive grids .
Not really a single seat racer but I've been absolutely addicted to this server recently.

Superb close racing with very good racers
:-) i spotted it a few nights back :-) , lots of peeps in there, great fun

i have a question tho, is there anyway to setup a q like system for rejoining the race?

if a driver/user is in the race from the start of it, he/she crashes in turn 1 (very probable! :-) ), should he/she have first refusal on getting back into it?

as an example, i was racing the other night, i forget which track, (id never raced that track b4) and i ended up in the kitty litter :-), i tried for a while to get out, but was "spectated", nothing wrong with that.... but when i tried to get back into the race i was faced with the dreaded "race is full" :-)

so one hammers the shift+j button 1,000,000, times a sec 2 get back in.

or is that the fairest way to go about it....... you snooze you lose?
I have just setup a system where if there are alot of connections (40 atm) at peak times, then you can only race if you have a time <104% of WR. So this will mean if you have already raced on that track, you should be ok to get in, and complete newbies will have to wait for the connections to go back down to a lower level (38) atm. This should make the server a bit cleaner and help solve the issue you just mentioned
hi jason, i did read that on your original post, but i didnt quite get it, but now you have cleared it up

yes, that is a good and fair system, thanks for clearing that up
Nice idea, but I guess that the winners will be the most active drivers .
Is it fulĺy automatic system? If it is, it could be slowly new system as the CTRA was. Maybe EQ Worry would help.
EQ Worry has been a great help, and yes the system is fully automatic. We are still working on the website side of things, but hopefully will have something up and running soon.

The winners will obviously be the most active, as long as they can finish in the top 8, which isn't easy with 32 drivers almost every race

So basically it is a balance between rewarding slower people who race alot, and faster people who don't race as much. I think the system is as fair as it can be. We obviously want to reward people for driving alot on our servers. This also has the effect of people getting to know each other, which really helps let the server admin itself. I have seen already some great examples of this, and it will only get better as time goes on, I hope...
Hehe, my bad, this happens when someone doesn't read the whole post properly... . Nice, then it's more fair system of only top 8 scoring drivers.
Hi Jason

i was going to comment on the PB timing thing, but i now see you have disabled it could it be for the reason that its not easy to gain a PB when you cannot join the race :-)

and even if you are able to (at the end of a race) the other drivers park on the racing line (even SR drivers :-) or are generally in the way ) which again makes it difficult to obtain a decent time. i thought of the possibility of another server, identical to the one running at the moment, but without possibly even the race(just qual?), which links the times that drivers obtain to the race server and therefore the driver wouldnt have to try to get a decent time in a server with 30 others racing??

whether this is possible i dont know, and please ignore me if im talking out of me **** :-)

SB
Those ideas make sense. But also, I had one as well. I think at the start of every new track there should be fifteen minutes of qualifying so everyone has a chance of setting a few laptimes. This would also improve driving standards because people would know which track was being used.

Or, I guess the only other solution for most people is to make your own server on your PC running the same combo and quickly set a PB of the correct time and then jump back to the SR server.
How was it with the PB limit? Did it allow to join on the track only the drivers who already had some PB, or did they have to have some good PB? I mean under specified time.
yeah qually for 15mins would b one way of going about it, i would at least hope i could get a competitive lap in , but what happens if there is 45 people on the server, all of those 45 wouldnt be able to get into the race?!?!? the only thing you could do in that 15 mins, is for an automated system to auto spectate anyone who has done say 3-5 laps already, thus giving room for others to try

SB
Quote from bully2100 :yeah qually for 15mins would b one way of going about it, i would at least hope i could get a competitive lap in , but what happens if there is 45 people on the server, all of those 45 wouldnt be able to get into the race?!?!? the only thing you could do in that 15 mins, is for an automated system to auto spectate anyone who has done say 3-5 laps already, thus giving room for others to try

SB

Blimey... yeah that is a good point. Although having quali would be good anyway, with or without the auto-kick thing.
All good points, so will need to think a bit more about it metinks
Our fox page now includes everyone who has scored points this week, as well as a search facility.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG