The online racing simulator
The pirates point of view.
(53 posts, started )
Quote from SamH :Obviously seizing an unrelated vessel, such as a cruise ship, is not acceptable. Nobody is suggesting that it is. But the truth about what is going on, off the coast of Somalia is NOT being told by "our" governments.

Sure, but the article said nothing about Americans dumping anything. I can't see the United States traveling halfway across the globe to dump nuclear waste, anyway.
Quote from Becky Rose :Please don't try to push me into a corner Dougie because I already stated my objection to some of their practice, the difference is that I recognize their cause and suggest we in the West fix that, as the result is never ending escalation.

I'm not trying to force or impose my opinions onto anyone, I'm just saying that as a way of life, it can't be allowed. It's just not justified. We are undoubtedly the problem, but their reaction is OTT. Sooner or later it's going to escalate to the point where once side is going to cause serious destruction. More than likely the West
OT, but potentially related?

"Waste not: Promise of clean nuclear power"

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.a ... /04/08/1238870033171.html

"The beauty of it is that we can put in anything that will burn up," Dr Wisoff said. "It will essentially allow us to use the spent fuel left behind by traditional nuclear fission. It really could help us clean up the world."
Quote from The Very End :Well, if they just could start acting civiliced and not like some inbreeded mongos I would agree. But if violent is the only way they know how to solve a thing, well, then thank you, and a bullet for you.

Joke aside, there are two sides of a cause, but I do not agree, or sympathize with apes that use violence and inocent people to tell their opinion.

Please kick yourself in the nuts for beeing a drivelling idiot.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Or, even better, set up a proper "unofficial" navy to patrol their waters, ....

Good idea... bet they never thought of that! Oh, hang on... Isn't that exactly what they have done?
Yepp, allready done.
One more cargo ship were attacked earlier today too by the way. Got attacked by airborne granates and gunfire. Crew was ok as the pirates ran away as the ship got assistance by the military.
Quote from nihil :Good idea... bet they never thought of that! Oh, hang on... Isn't that exactly what they have done?

No, they've decided to setup a piracy network to hijack and plunder from (usually) innocent ships. I've seen the work the Irish Naval Service does first hand, and I can assure you it does not involve boarding and kidnapping crew members of yachts and freighters. However, if these vessels were seen dumping into our seas, or otherwise breaking maritime laws (I'm not too sure what constitutes breaking these laws, so I'm going to leave that vague), they'd have no problem boarding and arresting crew members, as they do. See the difference?
I just want to know what would be the difference between being kidnapped and being arrested by an unofficial paramilitary force.

Also, even though I too think that these pirates are in rather for their own financial good than any ulterior motives, I don't think they have the means to only pick out the "bad vessels" but simply target everything from the developed world.
#34 - Vain
I believe the somalians are firm pastafarians and are trying to fight global warming.

Vain
Quote from ColeusRattus :I just want to know what would be the difference between being kidnapped and being arrested by an unofficial paramilitary force.

Kidnapped - Help hostage in return for a few million dollars worth of ransom.

Arrested - Given a trial (although, this step would probably be skipped), given jail time for the crimes committed.

The main difference being that several millions dollars doesn't change hands. And only those that actually do crimes are arrested. Even if it comes down to kidnapping and holding hostage only those found dumping, I'd be happy
Quote from dougie-lampkin :See the difference?

I see that you you wish to maintain some kind of moral difference, but I don't really see the point in doing so. Albert Camus once wrote that revolt is a matter of the heart ie: it is impulsive and doesn't yield to a rational, moralistic analysis.

However, he went on to say: "But there comes a time when it passes into the mind, where feeling becomes idea, and spontaneous outbursts end up in concerted action. That is the moment of revolution."

Call them what you will, but these people are pissed off. Some will remain what you call "criminals", some may yet become revolutionaries. Whatever, its not for you or I to name them.
It's still a very bad idea for those unnamed or judged people to ATTACK ships, take people HOSTAGE and demand RANSOMS! How thick can you be? Seriously, what do they expect? All the corps who own those ships to stop the alleged dumping? Nope, instead, they rightly get called pirates, which they are, and whoever is a pirate nowadays tends to attract NATO ships, which most likely will pwn the crap out of them.

Taking people hostage and attacking ships != convincing people of your good intentions!
Well, neither is bombing countries, still the wets likes to do that.

To me, condemning pirates is quite hypocritical if you support war mongering governments or international enterprises which exploit both humans and ressources.
Quote from ColeusRattus :To me, condemning pirates is quite hypocritical if you support war mongering governments or international enterprises which exploit both humans and ressources.

To me, supporting pirates is quite hypocritical if you don't support war mongering governments or international enterprises which exploit both humans and resources.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :If they want to stop the dumping in their waters, they're more than welcome to launch World War 3 on the European firms that are doing the damage.

Yep their federal Universal Somalia of Africa budget has ample funds set apart specifically for this reason Gimme a break! If these guys were the good ones (and they probably aren't) how do you think they would find the money to do such a thing as you suggest?

Somalia has basically been forgotten by the civilized world since the early 90s, and as many other african countries I bet somalians don't enjoy much more basic services, which is likely why they support piracy in the first place.

OTOH piracy can't be tolerated, as these guys are probably just the 'lords of war' of tomorrow (if they are not already), i.e. they're gathering resources to seize power and start another civil war, with the usual wave of ethnic cleansing, and all the other funny things these kind of dictatorships tend to do.

The irony in all of this is -as usual- for the public to take notice of some countries, there must be a breaking news (think Malawi and Madonna). I honestly believe this should be interpreted and handled as a distress call rather than just a case of unofficial naval warfare.
Today Ron Paul suggested that the US issue Letters of Marque to privateer pirate-fighting ships. lolz.
Quote from Becky Rose :And yet Sir Francis Drake was knighted and celebrated as a hero...

To the victor the spoils (and favourable writeup in the history books).

He was mainly a privateer that took it a lil too far...
Arrrrr me matey there be dumping goin on in ourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr seas!
Quote from wheel4hummer :To me, supporting pirates is quite hypocritical if you don't support war mongering governments or international enterprises which exploit both humans and resources.

I might add that not condemning something is slightly different to supporting something.

I am personally a pacifist and I oppose physical violence in any form. Still, I kind of understand why the pirates act as they do, and I don't find it to be worse than how western countries act.
You may call it naive, but I am deeply convinced that there isn't a single person on this planet who is deliberately "evil" by heart. "Good" and "bad" are very dependant on your point of view.
Now I don't want to justify crimes or violence, but rather reming that every conflict has two sides who think they're right.
FYI Norway are going to send down commando soliders there now, or snipers. Guess those pirates really did irritate someone <.<
No evidence or not in the UN report. What exactly do you think is the most likely outcome of an undefended costline with no internationally representative voice to let the world know of what is happening on that coastline??

Just stop and think for a minute. Look at history and how business and even countries have proven they will act when they are able to do so without reprisals and then tell me that you can honestly believe that absolutly no abuse of the Somali "national" waters is going on?

That said, of course it's not a justification for what Somali pirates are doing, (and yes they are pirates by the given definition of the word), in International waters. I onced worked for a Somali owned company here in the uk so I got a pretty good insight on what is really happening on the ground in Somalia and according to my sources the BBC are pretty much accurately reporting the situation. If anything the levels of violence and control being metered out by the various factions is understated by the majority of the world media.
I saw we bomb all of Europe, North America, and Somalia. There's no problem anymore if you kill both sides.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I saw we bomb all of Europe, North America, and Somalia. There's no problem anymore if you kill both sides.

Good idea. I was thinking of emigrating to Brazil anyway.
Whats the excuse of the pirates in the seas off Asia? The Somali pirates are small fish compared to them.

The pirates point of view.
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG