The online racing simulator
Is the F9 indicator reliable?
(11 posts, started )
I'm asking this because I have read about this on the manual, and it says that the F9 shows tire temps and wear, but when it is explaned later on the manual, there is a labelled image that shows the F9 screen and everything is related to temperatures, even the color on the inside...
It says Blue for cold inside temp, and green for adequate inside temp!
I thought when the tires got "green" they were worn... and I felt like it on the car's behavior... (but the manual says adequate...)
But then again, If I select changing the tires if they are more than 30% worn, on the pit menu, and I enter the pits with a "green" tire, it isn't changed... That makes me think that the tire isn't worn really, even when I know the car actually slides, and loses control with the tires like that...

Can someone explain me this?!

(sorry about my bad english)
you want the inside temperature cold (blue) the edges then you want to be green, when they wear, the outside temps you will see will.. start to thin out and disapear
eh...can you rephrase that response
o perfil desenhado estreita com uso. < desgaste (podes testar mais rapidamente com um slick mole)

as cores relacionam-se com a temperatura. interior (afecta pressao) duas sidewalls, e 3 faixas (interior-central-exterior) cada uma com 16 sampling points (48 ao todo, por pneu), para temperatura e wear. (daí piscar quando bloqueias e passas na zona "queimada").

as forças de reacção no contact patch são as barras cinzentas.
The color of the lines that represent the tread of the virtual tire indicates the tempurature of that section of tread. The thickness of those same lines indicates the wear.
KiDCoDEa: Obrigadão pela resposta. É bom ver portugueses por aqui também. Espero que nos possamos encontrar por aí num servidor.
Já agora, sabes de alguma competição nacional organizada (em "open weels")? - Tipo campeonato...

Diz qualquer coisa.

Stregone; XCNuse: Thanks for the intel... I was finding it a bit weird, but now I've got it. Still, I find it hard to notice a thickness change...
Yeah you can't really notice change in wear untill you really get some decent wear on it.
#8 - richy
yeah you can actually see the tyre get thinner on F9

if youre losing grip early its because the tyres are going past "optimum temperature", youll see what it is in the garage on the tyres section. if you get like 10 or 20 degrees above youll start to notice slip of the wheels. try to keep those temps at a nice green colour

oh yes and the thinner the tyre is the quicker it cools down
#9 - bbman
Quote from eRaptor :Stregone; XCNuse: Thanks for the intel... I was finding it a bit weird, but now I've got it. Still, I find it hard to notice a thickness change...

You won't ever will if you're racing just on public servers... 5 laps just isn't enough to produce any noticeable tire wear (if you have a decent driving style)...
Quote from richy :oh yes and the thinner the tyre is the quicker it cools down

I find that so cool. They've really got some of the details down with the tires. So initially you're driving hard to get them up to temp,then maybe worrying about overheating the rears in some of the rwd cars, then struggling to keep temps later...so much variability
Quote from eRaptor :I'm asking this because I have read about this on the manual, and it says that the F9 shows tire temps and wear, but when it is explaned later on the manual, there is a labelled image that shows the F9 screen and everything is related to temperatures, even the color on the inside...
It says Blue for cold inside temp, and green for adequate inside temp!
I thought when the tires got "green" they were worn... and I felt like it on the car's behavior... (but the manual says adequate...)
But then again, If I select changing the tires if they are more than 30% worn, on the pit menu, and I enter the pits with a "green" tire, it isn't changed... That makes me think that the tire isn't worn really, even when I know the car actually slides, and loses control with the tires like that...

Can someone explain me this?!

(sorry about my bad english)

I, personally, like to use the F9 tyre wear indicator and it seems good enough... It's better than nothing!

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG