Lfs being a great subject
(12 posts, started )
AS you all probably knows, LFS is a great subject to the camera, and I use it mainly to practice my video making skillz

I was pretty exited about my video 5 day ago when I made it, now that I look back at it I know what to improve next

anway enough blablabla here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j8VDLFcSak

Now my auto-critism:
-Camera flying over the track was too long
-In the few first shot of the fz5 there is missing black fading between two scene
-camera go through the car twice in the video, I need to improve on that
-the music/video sync is kind of good but could have been better IMO
-It is in 4:3 (my crt just died yesterday anyway, now im in 16:10, next video will be in 16:10)
-I recorded most of the shots in 0.125x, then in vegas7 I wanted to speed them up by 800% but I could only go up to 300% (it kind of worked great anyway)

Constructive critisms are welcome

hope you enjoy my horrible videomaking skillz
Quote from Mazink :
-Camera flying over the track was too long and way too choppy and not smooth enough
-camera go through the car twice in the video, I needed to improve on that before I decided to import the raw avi files to Vegas
-the music/video sync is kind of good even though there is none, but could have been better IMO
-I recorded most of the shots in 0.125x, then in vegas7 I wanted to speed them up by 800% but I could only go up to 300% (it kind of worked great anyway except for the seriously low FPS the video now has)

fixed

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53389
This potato is for you
the idea and some shots are pretty cool...

but dont criticise yourself too much over it - i done that and never made any progress. Now i use vegas and record at 0.0250 (or whatevr it is) and speed up about half and the video comes out brilliantly.

a good video is mainly judged by skill, editing and footage, so keeping your camera smooth is a main feature.

the link posted by squidhead is really helpful - take it in deeply
It's far from the worst LFS video but I can't say I really enjoyed watching it.
Squid is spot on as usual.

I dare to make an uneducated suggestion: Flying over the track looks better if it's not too high, in fact you can make it look very wide and impressive with the right height and low FOV and still allow the viewer to see pretty much the whole track including the walls and buildings.

I myself can't be bothered to actually make a video myself after watching Squid's, unokeva's, Lynce's, Hades's, and some more I can't name off the top of my head. So you shall have my respect for trying
Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :
but dont criticise yourself too much over it - i done that and never made any progress.

Then You are strange...
I think it was okay but agree with Squidhead also (in my opinion) the music sucks.

BUT practise is the key to succes!
Quote from squidhead :fixed

Don't let your skillz get up to your head but thanks for the "constructive" (flaming?) critisms
Quote from morpha :It's far from the worst LFS video but I can't say I really enjoyed watching it.
Squid is spot on as usual.

I dare to make an uneducated suggestion: Flying over the track looks better if it's not too high, in fact you can make it look very wide and impressive with the right height and low FOV and still allow the viewer to see pretty much the whole track including the walls and buildings.

I myself can't be bothered to actually make a video myself after watching Squid's, unokeva's, Lynce's, Hades's, and some more I can't name off the top of my head. So you shall have my respect for trying

Thanks for the track viewing tips, also if everyone wasn't trying to make any video because of those awesome skillz those guys have then where this section would be for?

Quote from Sponge :I think it was okay but agree with Squidhead also (in my opinion) the music sucks.

BUT practise is the key to succes!

that wasn't helpful at all
taste are like color, you can't force someone to like them
Quote from Mazink :Don't let your skillz get up to your head but thanks for the "constructive" (flaming?) critisms

Judging by the answers you're giving you're way too sensitive for this forum... like a balerina in the war zone.
If you're confusing my comment to a flame, then, well... let's just say you will leave this place with a mental breakdown within a week.

Also, your reply to Sponges' post can be repeated to everyone who posts in this thread after my first comment with a linky, trust me, you can't top THAT much advice, so I advice to listen to the small details people don't like (I.E. Music) and try to figure out how to improve
I'm fine as a balerina in this war zone, I'm not doing enough lfs video to be butthurted, I do this for fun and practice, not for fame

everyone as to start somewhere.
If you can't handle the truth, You should not keep making vids, ship_killer6666
Quote from Mazink :that wasn't helpful at all
taste are like color, you can't force someone to like them

I know you can't take everyone's taste in consideration when picking music for a video, but you should at least have considerd what other may or may not like or what suits the video you're making (i guess/hope you have).

Maybe i can give you (and all others) a usefull tip (but many may already know), try to use as less music, that you don't own the rights too or are known to give trouble, as possible in your video's when putting a video on Youtube.. I already had to take off / edit about 5 video's because of it..
Quote from Sponge :I know you can't take everyone's taste in consideration when picking music for a video, but you should at least have considerd what other may or may not like or what suits the video you're making (i guess/hope you have).

Maybe i can give you (and all others) a usefull tip (but many may already know), try to use as less music, that you don't own the rights too or are known to give trouble, as possible in your video's when putting a video on Youtube.. I already had to take off / edit about 5 video's because of it..

yeah thanks for the tip, I already had one of my vid that had somekind of trouble with robzombie copyright ahaha, had to mute the audio

Quote from hadesko :If you can't handle the truth, You should not keep making vids, ship_killer6666

failtip=fail LAWLZ

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG