The online racing simulator
i hate wind.
(48 posts, started )
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Dixie alley. Ok. Also, it's an Isuzu Rodeo I see. :doh:

i wish it was a X5 :P
oh and i just found out it made 2 big holes in the driveway.
:Eyecrazy: Maded much bigger damage that i thought.
4th pic actually shows how powerful that wind was.. amazing.
Bad luck to you and your family, but good that your okay.
Mate, Your family are soo lucky, if the wind was going in a different direction it would have fallen on your house!
What you dont know guys is that mutt was drunk ... and he was driving a big truck...

You're very luck dude.
lol yea :0
Quote from Blas89 :What you dont know guys is that mutt was drunk ... and he was driving a big truck...

You're very luck dude.

But mutt is only 14 years old
And? lol He can drive!...
Just one thing... look at the bright side! It didn't crush you! YAY! Also, good thing you aren't in tornado alley. Another bright side. Did you know that tornado alley gets more tornadoes each year than every country in the world combined? The US gets about 325 tornadoes each year. Way off topic though
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :Just one thing... look at the bright side! It didn't crush you! YAY! Also, good thing you aren't in tornado alley. Another bright side. Did you know that tornado alley gets more tornadoes each year than every country in the world combined? The US gets about 325 tornadoes each year. Way off topic though

well last year jackson got hit by this monster :/ http://wx5tvs.com/blog/wp-cont ... 20508memphistntornado.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wtn9gBfCAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... L68qs&feature=related
Oh that sucks mutt... :\

Irishnoob being a prick once again...
tornadoes are really cool, yet scary at the same time. I was almost in tow of them, but it blew over.
I would LOVE to see a tornado although i think i would poop my pants
Phew, the tree saw the Probe and figured the owners were already emotionally disturbed enough.

Really a close scratch there pal.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Phew, the tree saw the Probe and figured the owners were already emotionally disturbed enough.

Really a close scratch there pal.

so are you saying the Ford Probe is bad? Or good? I'm confused, and somewhat slow. Still, anyone want to live in Oklahoma? They get the biggest tornadoes there!
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :so are you saying the Ford Probe is bad? Or good? I'm confused, and somewhat slow. Still, anyone want to live in Oklahoma? They get the biggest tornadoes there!

they havent had any big ones their since 1999-2008 jackson had 3 bad ones, all F4 1999-2003-2008
#42 - SamH
I did quite a bit of storm chasing across Illinois and southern Wisconsin while I lived over there - anywhere within driving distance of home. I saw some amazing thunderstorms but the only tornado I got close to experiencing up-close and personally happened in the dark. It was fun for me, though the wife freaked out a bit.

My parents were visiting at the time so it was kinda cool for them to experience it. When the sirens went off, I was eating dinner with my parents at our local diner a couple of miles from home. We probably spent longer at the diner than we should have after that. By the time we got in the car to head home, we could have driven home without headlights because of the intensity and frequency of sheet and fork lightning. Branches were being yanked off trees, thrown at the car and strewn across the road, and the trees themselves were moving so violently that it looked for all the world like they were being felled and then standing back up again. I remember it very vividly.

My parents were enjoying the show, mostly I think because - like me - they didn't grow up in the midwest and didn't properly understand just how dangerous the weather can actually be. Weather in the UK just plain doesn't kill you on a whim. Not like it does in the US.

By the time we got back home, my wife and the kids were firmly installed in the basement and my wife's panic attack was just properly getting under way. The storm had all but passed by the time I managed to convince my parents that the safest place to be wasn't standing outside on the deck admiring the light show, but was actually below ground level, behind the boiler in the steel and concrete-reinforced utility room.

The hail that came down was about golf ball size, maybe a bit bigger. It destroyed the roof (everyone on the subdivision got a new roof that year) and made orange peel of both the cars in the driveway. About a quarter of a mile away, 20 houses had their roofs lifted clean off and a few cars were moved about, a couple of them turned over. Nobody was hurt, fortunately.

It certainly wasn't a major tornado but it was enough, at least for me, to gain a bit of respect for what the wind can actually do for fun. Extreme weather is something I desperately miss since moving back to the UK.
i really want to see a tornado sometime, but i don't want it to come hit my house
#44 - 5haz
Blimey thats a big tree, glad to hear that no humans were damaged at least.

I'm a bit worried because theres an absolutely massive pine tree near my house, must be pushing 10 metres tall, and it leans right over whenever we get gales off the atlantic, every time I think it's going over and its going to wreak havoc on my street, never does though.

As for seriously scary weather, I did see hail approaching golfball size and some rather epic lightning when I went to Poland a few years back, they tend to have some quite nasty Midwest style weather somtimes it seems.
#45 - Byku
Yeah there was a huge... well... at least a big storm in the south of Poland last year if I remember correctly. Even a "tornado" appered(of course not US Size tornado, but still it was quiet big). My father's friend was driving quiet close to the center of the storm which passed over one of the motorways. Quiet huge amount of hail fell from the sky, and his car was damaged, front windshield was cracked. Luckly he wasn't so close to see the tornado itself.

Edit. Holy crap... sky is dark right now ... i feel storm coming... huuh... i heard thunder...:hyper: (i'm always getting overexcited when i hear thunder... dunno why).
this is like what happened here back in febuary , we had a tree land on our house
Attached images
DSC00078.JPG
DSC00080.JPG
DSC00082.JPG
DSC00081.JPG
Quote from jwardy :this is like what happened here back in febuary , we had a tree land on our house

wow! that guy should have gotten tree insurance! How about Texas? Any big twisters there? I know Oklahoma still gets twisters. I bet Kansas got a few.
we had insurance , cos its on the property and its/was ours

i hate wind.
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG