The online racing simulator
What Is This - Piece In Screwdriver Set
(33 posts, started )
#1 - amp88
My dad cannot walk past a pound shop without going in. If you don't know what a pound shop think of a "99 cent shop", or a shop that sells junk for a small price. He bought a "10-In-1 Screwdriver set" yesterday and we can't work out what one of the parts actually is. I've included various photos with this post of the box, the other components and the mystery component. The first image shows the label which tells us the contents. There are 3 flat blade screw drivers, 3 Phillips screwdrivers, a trim clip remover and a pokey thing (technical term). The second picture shows the above 8 things laid out. The other 2 components in the box are the handle and a strange red thing that looks like a small vacuum cleaner attachment. The third picture shows one of the screwdriver parts in the handle. The last picture shows the unidentified component sitting in the box. So, does anyone know what this unidentified component is (the red thing in the box)?
Attached images
DSC00041-75%.jpg
DSC00042-75%.jpg
DSC00045-75%.jpg
DSC00044-75%.jpg
maybe you put it onto the scredriver so you wont hurt anyone/anything.
#3 - VoiD
I guess its some sort of "adapter" for some "weird" screws, but it´s a hard to judge from that image.

Try to plug the flat screwdriver in one end and insert a coin into the other..?
#4 - Bean0
With the smaller screwdrivers in the larger black handle, does the T-Piece fit over the exposed part ?

Could be so that, once loosened, you can use the T-Piece with 2 fingers to quickly undo the screw rather than having to use the large handle to do a half-turn at a time.
Could it be something like this?
Attached images
DSC03940.JPG
DSC03941.JPG
Does it fit over the sqare-ended handles of the screwdrivers to give you a bit more leverage?
It appears it is only there to stop the handle moving around in the display case.
#8 - amp88
Quote from Bean0 :With the smaller screwdrivers in the larger black handle, does the T-Piece fit over the exposed part ?

Quote from Crashgate3 :Does it fit over the sqare-ended handles of the screwdrivers to give you a bit more leverage?

No, the 'other' end of the red thing (i.e. not the slot you can see) is solid, so it doesn't slide over the screwdrivers.

Quote from Fabri91 :Could it be something like this?

I don't know...I suppose it could be but what would it fit over then?
#9 - VoiD
...so much fun for 99 cent
Oh that's easy... it's a thingamy. You should be happy, you only get them in the best quality tool sets.
Quote from gezmoor :Oh that's easy... it's a thingamy. You should be happy, you only get them in the best quality tool sets.

or is it a thingymajig
Quote from amp88 :No, the 'other' end of the red thing (i.e. not the slot you can see) is solid, so it doesn't slide over the screwdrivers.

What shape is the other end? is it hex shaped?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :It appears it is only there to stop the handle moving around in the display case.

Would have been my guess aswell.
Quote from gezmoor :Oh that's easy... it's a thingamy. You should be happy, you only get them in the best quality tool sets.

Quote from james12s :or is it a thingymajig

Pffft! You're both wrong. It's a thingymabobber

Quote from gezmoor :What shape is the other end? is it hex shaped?

No, it's square like the other attachments. I've taken a few more pictures of the mystical thingymabobber.
Attached images
DSC00046-75%.jpg
DSC00047-75%.jpg
DSC00048-75%.jpg
It's a coin holder!! Look at the 3rd picture!
looks like a sharp penis
Not a bad idea actually, a "coin driver". Those coin locks do get stuck sometimes, especially those water-tight sealed ones.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :It appears it is only there to stop the handle moving around in the display case.

Correct answer imo
It's a condom holder.

Yeah, or to demonstrate that you can put the screwdriver handles inside it, in the absence of printed instructions.
#22 - SamH
It's a door handle. It's to open a door if you've closed it behind you by accident as you were screwing in the hinges or fitting a handle plate.

It's all I got.
#23 - CSU1

+1
Hmmm, why is it claimed to be a 10-In-1 set then? I count 8 things (3 straight screwdrivers, 3 Phillips screwdrivers, 1 trim clip remover and one pokey thing). Surely one of the missing actions can't be to stop the handle from moving about in the case?
Quote from amp88 :Hmmm, why is it claimed to be a 10-In-1 set then? I count 8 things (3 straight screwdrivers, 3 Phillips screwdrivers, 1 trim clip remover and one pokey thing). Surely one of the missing actions can't be to stop the handle from moving about in the case?

No no no, didnt you read it, it says IO-IN-I, IO isnt even a numeric value, that could mean anything!

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG