The online racing simulator
Quote from DHRammstein :All of the source powered games. And, well just about every FPS I can get my hands on, especially both Stalker games. I play a lot of FSX, I especially like it because I'm veerrrryyy slowly getting my pilots license. RPG's are good too, but since Diablo II I've been let down, even Fallout 3 I gave up on.....

Right now I play LFS, a few demo's, always trying new demo's, Stalker Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl. Fallout 3, but as I said I'm getting really bored, Left4Dead, CSS...ET, ETQW. Man I have a ton of games, I guess I'm truly happy online in an FPS owning, got the headset on, hopefully a sound server and ping and I'm good.
I absolytely love Simulation, so LFS and FSX are very important and taken seriously, while FPS online is semi-serious, tons of fun tho. RPG, can't explain it, very rewarding in a different way, like a good book, I suppose that's how it should be?

Yeah Diablo II was the greatest RPG I've played. Can't wait for III, no matter what all the whiners say, it's only in alpha/pre-alpha.
If LFS was gone, I'd be playing alot more SMOD:Tactical and Insurgency:MIC

Smod:Tactical is one of the hardest single player FPS games ever created. It requires alot of time to come up with a strategy to survive just ONE firefight. The game has you thinking constantly. One bullet can kill you, and your enemys are as skilled as US navy seals. The only benefit for you is that the enemy is still human, and one bullet to the chest ususaly puts them down as well as it would you.

Insurgency is similar but multi-player, so you get crazy firefights with real people, and unlike counter-strike it takes realistic strategy to win. There's no run and gun, no bunny hopping and no random headshots because the computer decided the bullet just happend to go that way. It takes actualy putting the sights on the enemy to hit them instead of dumb luck with a firing cone.

Both of those are source modifications, I don't play "Games" that much anymore because FPS developers seem to have lost the spark they had 10 years ago. There are only a fue modern FPS games I like. Other than that I rely on Mods for interesting and unique gameplay.
You know, I really like the other end of the spectrum. I never enjoyed any game quite so much as Myst. Just wandering aimlessly. Looking at all the pretty sights.

I like stuff like COD as long as it's quiet. Laying in some weeds somewhere calmly sniping people between the eyes.

iRacing
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm happy with a glass of gin, some music, and friends. Unfortunately i'm told this is alchoholism, so some nights I play a number of different MMO's on an entire casual basis in order not to drink every night.

What good is WoW without booze!?! (J/K... sort of...)

I play WoW, Crysis, iRacing, and Wii: Super Mario Galaxy is fun!

I'm sure I'll be checking LFS out again in a few year, or 5
Quote from Slartibartfast :You know, I really like the other end of the spectrum. I never enjoyed any game quite so much as Myst. Just wandering aimlessly. Looking at all the pretty sights.

I like stuff like COD as long as it's quiet. Laying in some weeds somewhere calmly sniping people between the eyes.

iRacing

Which Myst do you suggest? I want to check out a demo, I'll take a suggestion if you think one stands out. I've heard they looked great and were hard.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What good is WoW without booze!?! (J/K... sort of...)

meh WoW, I had to stop as it caused too many arguments with my then partner who was definitely not a casual player.

The MMO's I play are Everquest (since 2001), and Second Life (since 2007).

What can I say, I has issues...
If LFS hadn't come along, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be racing online. Nor would I have owned 3 wheels.
world of warcraft
Quote from CasseBent :If LFS hadn't come along, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be racing online. Nor would I have owned 3 wheels.

Same here. But if LFS would die off, I'd play RBR. And if RBR would die off, I'd stop playing, period.
if it was not lfs, it would be with...

...Gran Turismo 5 P
...Zombie Panic!: Source
...Quake 3 Arena
...Need For Speed II Special Edition
...ummm... Dunno...
Im working thru Black & White 2 and x3 Reunion when not in LFS.
Had them both for years but on the 7th attempt ive finally managed to stick with them for more than an 30 mins each...

Also, RBR has made a comeback on my Xbox360 since i found the disk again.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Same here. But if LFS would die off, I'd play RBR. And if RBR would die off, I'd stop playing, period.

Same, but if RBR would die off, I'd play Euro Truck "Simulator"
Quote from Shadowww :Same, but if RBR would die off, I'd play Euro Truck "Simulator"

Come on, you may not be as worried about that. EVO and RF are cheap and provide great racing. There is a world turning around these simulators, big races, championships, leagues, events at fairs, real pilots, fantastic mods. Take easy with its demands. Relax and enjoy.
Quote from Speed Soro :Come on, you may not be as worried about that. EVO and RF are cheap and provide great racing. There is a world turning around these simulators, big races, championships, leagues, events at fairs, real pilots, fantastic mods. Take easy with its demands. Relax and enjoy.

No, thanks.

Troll detected?
"If it was not LFS, it would be with..." RBR, no doubt. Love the feel of that game and the fact it's a challenge to master it, which I'm still attempting to do.

Oh, and of course, Goldenye on N64, best FPS ever!
Quote from Shadowww :No, thanks.

Troll detected?

I think the troll here is you, not me. BTW I open this topic, and the last post was just a good advice. Kids...
Quote from Speed Soro :Come on, you may not be as worried about that. EVO and RF are cheap and provide great racing. There is a world turning around these simulators, big races, championships, leagues, events at fairs, real pilots, fantastic mods. Take easy with its demands. Relax and enjoy.

I won't pay even 1$ for 1%-simulator-99%-arcade.
WTF, auto-steering aid
Without LFS? Hmm.. Propably I would buy PS3/XBox 360 and play PES/FIFA on it :P
But im glad that there is LFS, much more cheaper for me, lol
Most likely I would play Forklift Simulator 2009, althought I'm not quite convinced of the tire-physics.
Quote from Shadowww :I won't pay even 1$ for 1%-simulator-99%-arcade.
WTF, auto-steering aid

ok, bad for you
Quote from Speed Soro :ok, bad for you

No, it is very good for you.

Game which got steering aid enabled by default can't be simulator.

P.S.:
Quote from LFS System requirments :1 GHz CPU, 128 MB memory, 3D graphics card

Quote from Race07 system requirments :OS: Win XP home/pro, Win Vista
Processor: 1.7Ghz intel Pentium 4 or 100% compatible
Memory: 512Mb RAM
Hard drive: 2.5Gb free space
Graphics card: DirectX 9 compatible graphics card with 128Mb memory
Sound card: DirectX compatible
Input: Keyboard and Mouse
DirectX version: 9
Recommended requirements
Processor: 3Ghz intel Pentium IV or 100% compatible
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard drive: 2.5Gb free space
Graphics card: DirectX 9 compatible graphics card with 512Mb memory or better
Sound card: DirectX 9 compatible
Input: DirectX 9 compatible force feedback steering wheel
DirectX version: 9

Quote from Shadowww :No, it is very good for you.

Game which got steering aid enabled by default can't be simulator.

Why not ? Turn it off.

If you can't figure that out for yourself then you should never be allowed behind the wheel of a car in the first place. It was never enabled as default when I got it either.
Quote from Gills4life :Why not ? Turn it off.

If you can't figure that out for yourself then you should never be allowed behind the wheel of a car in the first place. It was never enabled as default when I got it either.

Steering aid = max. 1% of simulator.
Something else?
Quote from Shadowww :Steering aid = max. 1% of simulator.
Something else?

Oh wow, turning the steering aid off is so bloody hard isn't it. :faint2:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG