The online racing simulator
Live for speed and windows 7
(139 posts, started )
Question: Do you think we can install the new build over the old one, using our valid beta key?

I don't want to lose my windows 7 install...
Yes, I think that should work fine. When I ran the install there was an option to upgrade, but I always do a fresh install so didn't go that route.
My machine is currently upgrading from 7000 to 7068, seems to be fine, but it takes AGES if you have a lot installed. It does let you use the PC fine while it's upgrading, but it'll probably need a restart when it's done...

It'll be released next month or so according to microsoft, so it probably was them that leaked it now to get some extra "unofficial" testing in
7022 updated to 7068 in two hours here.

Everything went smooth, only Interweb Exploder icon was back on superbar :sadbanana
How can I update my win7 into newer builds?
I think there arent any newer builds... you can just install the updates, i think
Which will change your Win7 version into new build... I guess. But how can you say, that you think there are not any new builds, when you read last posts.
Quote from XmaX :I think there arent any newer builds... you can just install the updates, i think

:doh:
Quote from Shadowww :7022 updated to 7068 in two hours here.

Everything went smooth, only Interweb Exploder icon was back on superbar :sadbanana

How did you update to a newer build? Have you gotten the leaked one, or is there a official? If it's the official one, could you please post the link? I'd like to update too
It's only a leak, but MS had planned to release it soon enough anyway

Mine's still transferring programs and settings, bloody thing takes hours
Quote from Velociround :How did you update to a newer build? Have you gotten the leaked one, or is there a official? If it's the official one, could you please post the link? I'd like to update too

Search "7068" at tracker which not long ago had trial with Sony, RIAA, MPAA etc.
Just finished the installation, can't say I notice anything different, other than having to resize my HDMI output and my dual wallpapers. The taskbar seems to be "bluer" than usual, maybe that's just my imagination though. I do like the upgrade facility though, it's left nearly everything as it was

E: The graphics are also slightly less "vista-ish", but I preferred them the way they were. Now it's full of flowers and crap And the start button turns baby-blue when you click it...
Quote from Takumi_lfs ::doh:

LoL sorry xD doesnt read anything in this thread... windows 7 had a problem at my comp, i dont used it more. Today i reinstalled it, in nealry future i can give better information, not like that before -_-

Live for speed and windows 7
(139 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG