The online racing simulator
New Cruise Server
(62 posts, started )
Quote from MariusMM :How about, we give this guys some positive feedback, instead of starting another bitching and flaming thread...?

If you don't got anything positive to say, then why the hell come here to post? Is it;

a) Just to get your post count raised? (To get a bigger E-Penis?)

or

b) Because you got nothing better to do?

It have to be one of those...

All those who complain about new "Cruise" servers popping up, is not doing anything about it... What about, you go and code a good and interesting InSim, so racing could actually become a little fun...? It looks to me, that those people on the "Cruise" servers go there, to have a good time, enjoy driving, and have fun. On an A4 Racing Server, you get nothing of that. There is race after race after race. Some people like that, but, a lot of people like to have "a good time and at the same time do something".

Take for example, the AIRIO, or whatever that racing insim is called. That is a very, very good example on a good Race InSim. It got an interesting layout, some good features, and you get to race.

And to be honest, if you drive on a cruise server, you can still race. You just have to avoid objects, other cars coming the opposite direction, and other stuff the insim/track have to offer. Which is/can be very challenging, and interesting, which separate the mens from the boys.

If you do to an A4 race server, you just get a clean track... Now, how funny is it to drive, the same track again and again and again...?

I would gone crazy, but hey, thats just me

Youre just a cruise lover Marius.
i wish there was servers that were like ctra.. where you race to progress but i think the higher level drivers like the platinum drivers should not be able to race there cause its not fair for lower level drivers.
That feature is planned for inclusion in Airio. There's also Becky Rose's Blue project. No release date has been set for any of those two, though I think BR has planned to have it out for early 2010?

And finally there's the surprise factor, i.e. people working on a CTRA lookalike without telling us...
-
(MariusMM) DELETED by MariusMM
Quote from MariusMM :And Vinnylegends, how on earth is that objective?

It's post like that, that makes me wonder -

If you don't got anything positive to say, then why the hell come here to post? Is it;

or

ok... good that there is a new server.

why allways cruise servers?! 90% of the race combos are not used. why not open a race server like ctra??? (it´s not far away from the cruise insim)

btw... i have not much against cruise servers, i use them after a hard day of racing but.... why so many?!
coz these guys thinks they are better than the other cruise servers
Quote from Marco1 :coz these guys thinks they are better than the other cruise servers

can´t they think one time they have a better race server :irked:
Quote from MariusMM :And Vinnylegends, how on earth is that objective?

It's post like that, that makes me wonder -

or

E-Penis?
Why would I?
I cant complain in real life about that Marius so why would I want an E-Version?
-
(MariusMM) DELETED by MariusMM
Quote from MariusMM :Well, because those who can code, prefer to cruise then race?

Proof? You can also code a race insim application. And about 'you can also race on cruise servers', There is a big difference between racing and racing. You are not supposed to race on cruise servers, because you have to obey the rules and bla bla. And there would be cops and UF1's all over, so you can really race on a cruise server IMO. I have no idea how it gotten so far, this is a racing sim, why the hell did the dev's even put effort in a cruise filter?
This is getting stupid now..... Open up LFS, 4 first servers with most people in them are Cruise...... Its really hard to find a good racing server now......

When i bought this game i thought its a Racing Simulator, not something else.....
Yep.
I'm even thinking about having a complete shit about the LFS Realism and go online with games like GRID Or GTR Evo. Although Evo requires a new graphics card for me.
A Racing Sim Is A Racing Sim.
If you wanna Cruise. Go to your local Driving School Sim.
Nuff Said.
Dev's should to do that curent cruise insims dont work on new patch.In ths way we will beat cruise community because its realy stupid almost 1/2 of all peoples online in LFS (i am talking about s2) is in cruise servers.If we make cruise community smaler we will have more peoples in race servers.

Thats my opinion
Quote from oldnavy :Dev's should to do that curent cruise insims dont work on new patch.In ths way we will beat cruise community because its realy stupid almost 1/2 of all peoples online in LFS (i am talking about s2) is in cruise servers.If we make cruise community smaler we will have more peoples in race servers.

Thats my opinion

Or all of those people will stop playing LFS.
Or we will have more people quitting LFS.

LE : Same post and time as Vinny.
Quote from Vinnylegends :Or all of those people will stop playing LFS.

Not all.Because alot racers is going to cuise servers because there no other servers.
Quote from oldnavy :Not all.Because alot racers is going to cuise servers because there no other servers.

Well the devs wont risk losing some players I think..
Quote from oldnavy :Dev's should to do that curent cruise insims dont work on new patch.In ths way we will beat cruise community because its realy stupid almost 1/2 of all peoples online in LFS (i am talking about s2) is in cruise servers.If we make cruise community smaler we will have more peoples in race servers.

Thats my opinion

Well if you don't like the number of people in cruise servers, here are things you can do:

1) Turn off the 'Cruise' filter

2) And PM some free people, hook up on some race server and have fun.

And why should cruise servers not work for cruisers? We should also have the right to install anything racers can. After all, we payed for the same game.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Well if you don't like the number of people in cruise servers, here are things you can do:

And why should cruise servers not work for cruisers? We should also have the right to install anything racers can. After all, we payed for the same game.

Yes, and the game is a Racing Simulator.....
Quote from DevilDare :Yes, and the game is a Racing Simulator.....

Well I can't argue about the game's motto, but surely if this WAS a pure racing sim, the Devs wouldn't allow cruise insims to be allowed in LFS. I don't think they'll have no problem with that since they have happy customers. If you have a problem with that, then God help ya.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Well if you don't like the number of people in cruise servers, here are things you can do:

i agree with him if you dont like cruise turn off the cruise filter and you will never see a cruise server again unless someone forgets to class there server as cruise instead of coming on here and complaining about all the cruise servers.. some people might want to cruise some people might want to race its up to them so why try to change it? if there are no good race servers make your own and then you can stop complaining about there are no good race servers.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Well I can't argue about the game's motto, but surely if this WAS a pure racing sim, the Devs wouldn't allow cruise insims to be allowed in LFS. I don't think they'll have no problem with that since they have happy customers. If you have a problem with that, then God help ya.

I totaly agree with this post. So stop this if you want to be soo bitchy and picking and flame all of the cruise servers then do it to the devs after all devs let the cruise servers happen in the first place.
The only reason why i cruise more than i race is the fact my laptop cant handle LFS very good.

I do have a top end Pc but its for everyone in the family and my dad is quite often using it since he works afternoons from home. When it is free i like to race and drift.

For the people who dont like cruise servers u should do what has been mentioned above, Turn "cruise" filter off and find a decent race server, set up ur own server with whatever combination of car and track you want or get together with a group of folk on the forum or your friends and join a certain server and race/drift.

There is no need to flame cruisers, as i said, it can a relaxing place to chillax after a hard day at work/school. So if its not for you then dont complain.
I am going to like cruise servers when 1/10 of players are in it, but when almost 1/2 of peoples is in cruise server it's not good.LFS is like very poor Cruise simulator with very cool racing addon.
Most of the former LC crowd came to WS and never left.
Only a couple of good points have been brought up through this forever ongoing 'bitch-fest'.

All I've really seen here, primarily anyway, is racers moaning about the fact more people go on cruise servers than race. Now, if the 'majority' of people enjoy cruising and the devs are making cash from that, then the devs will be happy. If the 'majority' of people enjoy cruising and the servers are full, cruisers are happy.
So all that we can see here are a small selection of bitter forum racers who have no real server community, cause they waste their time on here crying about something they don't have to get involved in! Why be so bitter when we can have our piece of the cake, and so can you? Or is it just that racers want the bigger piece? Jealous cause we got the bigger bit at the moment?

Im sure there has been before, but I bet you rarely get people coming on here just to moan about racers being 'lame' and 'pointless'. At the end of the day, this entire game is a sim (a brilliant one at that). Whether it be racing or cruising (which clearly is incorperated in LFS now) that tickles your fancy, why should people be cursed for making a decision which doesn't affect what you do!? As mentioned - there are filters to stop/limit the possibility of racers entering the cruise world..

You can't blame the cruiser community for having more players than the racing side of LFS. Perhaps the fact that there are many newer games which are wholey racing games (cruise not an option), such as GRiD, GTR2 etc. that makes the race side of LFS weaker day by day. But I'd be very shocked if all racers converted to cruise after playing there once or twice.. lol

And for the record, I do enjoy proper racing. It may seem like a bias post, but all this negativity is ridiculous, and 90% of it spawns from racers hating cruisers. At the end of the day, we are all enjoying the same game. Aren't you? If not, get a new 1 lol

Regards,
Amsterdeen
Quote from amsterdeen :You can't blame the cruiser community for having more players than the racing side of LFS. Perhaps the fact that there are many newer games which are wholey racing games (cruise not an option), such as GRiD, GTR2 etc. that makes the race side of LFS weaker day by day. But I'd be very shocked if all racers converted to cruise after playing there once or twice.. lol

LFS is a "wholey racing game", too.

New Cruise Server
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG