The online racing simulator
If people constantly act their age, no-one would have fun. You'd be at the pub with your mates and they'd all be talking about accounting and their year on year increase in gross profit. They wouldn't be knocking back Beers, they'd be sipping on a cup of coffee and a £1.99 salad bowl from the supermarket.

Basically, imagine everyone boring all the time... would y'all want that?
I just want to say one thing:

Since when have mods killed rFactor?
Quote from Khann :I just want to say one thing:

Since when have mods killed rFactor?

or GPL...

or Nascar 2003...

or F1 2000...

or Operation Flashpoint...

or Quake...

or...

great point. You win.
-
(Velociround) DELETED by Velociround
I think a "developers league" would be a good idea, through a voting system of track layout and design ideas, voted on by S2 licensed users the highest voted and most practical track "plans" could be submitted to the devs for approval then work could begin turning these new tracks into reality. Most of the ground work could be compiled by the LFS community with final touches and tweaks done by the devs. Result - tracks people want, i.e. I would like a Bathurst type track with long straights, big altitude changes and tight corners with concrete barriers... no room for error. No licensing problems, even if only one track per year was implemented, most racers would be keen. (maybe I've had too many bourbons, must be time to go and race )
Quote from George Kuyumji :
...take the BMW F1 car out on any track, Aston or Blackwood, dont you think the car is awesome, for me its the best F1 car made in any sim ever, its a blast, and everything it does seems comprehensible, when you made a mistake you know exactly what you have done wrong and if you nail a corner it feels awesome, for the first time in a commercially available Sim an F1 car feels great.

But then you take this car on like Aston and you think, yeah this track is fun, but I want to hustle the car around the streets of Monaco, the LFS tracks doesnt do the car justice. You want to take the LFS F1 car around Monaco, Spa, Suzuka, you want to take the LX4 up the hill at Brands Hatch or a multiclass car race on the Nordschleife. We are missing out on these things and there is alot more potential in LFS then we see now.

Well said!
Quote from Woz :
I see lots of new people say stuff like "There is enough content blah blah blah".

Come back after you have played LFS as long as some of us here (I have been around LFS 5.5 years) and lets see where you stand

I play LFS for aprox 6,3 years
I started with demo back in December 2003, and started S2 in 2007.
And I'm still not bored

BTW.

The devs once replied my email and said something like:

"We wish to release editors for the public someday, but this is not anywhere in the near future."
Quote from CarlLefrancois :

Think of club racers who meet at a local track every so often to race. Can you imagine one of them coming up and saying " hey we should really rip up turns x, y and lay some new asphalt! this old track is so BORING ". ...

Actually, I don't believe that is what's being said. To use your analogy, what people are actually saying is, hey, we have raced this track for loads of time. How about we take our equipment and go and race somewhere new as well as racing this track! If we were saying what you suggested, people would be asking for changes to already accessible tracks like aston etc! However, while on that note, why don't the dev's allow an open track for each location for the Cruise guys!!!! Bet that opens up for a few comments!

Personally, as much as I'd like to see new content, I beloeve the quality that LFS provides is something to cherish well above the many mods and tracks available in other games that are rather crap! There isn't a location/track in LFS that isn't good fun to race and well made! That's the case for a reason! [I do believe that's a compliment Eric ]
what???
Drifting....for kids, Bah....whatever

Drifting has at least 4 generations under its belt and is a licensed motorsport..soo

BACK OFF
Quote from aceracer :I don't really understand how people can get bored with the content. Maybe I'm too old and slow, but I still haven't mastered any combo fully and I've been at this for 1.5 years now. Give me a car/track and 4 racers more or less my speed and I don't care where I race or how often I've done it.

So frankly, I think people just have short attention spans. I prefer to be good at 1 combo rather than crap at 15.

How many combos are you within .5 secs of the WR?

I think LFS is for dedicated racers. If you are 2 secs away from the WR and already looking for new tracks and cars maybe you're just not serious enough about it...

aceracer

P.S.: Yes I know this doesn't apply to everyone, and yes there are very very fast drivers out there who also get bored with LFS, but I would estimate that 90% is due to goldfishlike attention span with NFS tendencies

Very true,i agree with you 100% there!!

Quote from Deesiel :+1

I've only been on LFS for a short while and have already seen way too much complaining about lack of content. I guess I can kinda see how people who have been on LFS since the beginning may be bored, but for a newbie the current content is nearly overwhelming if you really think about it. On the surface it seems like there are only 7 tracks, but with all the different variations and reversals, there are really 50 tracks (not including autocross)! Combine that with 20 cars and that's nearly 1000 different combos (I say nearly because there are cars that aren't suited for rallycross...) Sure, many of the combos are very similar, but as aceracer said, How many are you within .5 sec of WR?
Adding more content/mods may attract previous LFS racers to return, but I doubt it would do much to attract new racers to LFS. To a new LFS racer (a reasonable person who doesn't have the attention span of a goldfish), there is plenty of content as is.

+1000100011000010010110001101
Hmm,so many combos :faint2:

Just for the record i have close to 30 Pb's within 2sec Wr's using all combo's,BUT im not done yet...not by a long shot.....

Ive been around for more than a year or so & plan to be here for a long time,not just a good time
Bah... combos? Who drives MRT at KY Long or F1 at AS Club?

Lets talk serious. We have 6 tracks, 20 cars, not all of them really enjoyable, and that has been since 2005. Fours years in june.

Combos...

We are talking a multiplayer game, where there is no sense in have combos that nobody plays.

I see Cone Dodgers with its ethernal GTR at As, Redline with its ethernal FOX at BL, and 6 more servers with XFG at BL and UF1 or FOX at SO.

The rest is all drift and cruise.

I want my 2005 euphoria back. Am I asking for too much?

I think it is not yet the time for mods. But when S3 goes gold, why not? That will be the way to keep the game alive for more 10 years, because I believe that this is game is not dead yeat because it has this aura of WIP game. If it was a finished one, I true believe that, closed as it is today, it would be fading to death.
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

lock it. FFS mods please just lock the damn thread. There is NOTHING here that hasn't been gone over 100 times before. This thread will change nothing.

+1 for lock
Quote from George Kuyumji :I know when people read the word "mod" they think about the rFactor mod situation with thousands of mod out there one worse then the other.

But there are some modding groups (idt for rfactor or GPLEA for GPL) that can really produce excellent work that even tops the work of the professionells. That dont bring out a new version of there content every couple of weeks that dillute and make everything complicated.

What these groups like GPLEA did was kind of a "controlled modding" where quality stands over quantity.

There is alot of talent out there in the LFS community and it is wasted, think about the Nürburgring Nordschleife or Spa in rFactor, done by hugely talented enthusiasts in the community, talent that LFS has aswell, and all these tracks rFactor has LFS could have aswell, maybe in even better quality.

But the danger is allowing thousands of people and giving the tools to them to create tracks in LFS, we would have very quickly 5 different versions of Monte Carlo, 3 versions of Spa etc. LFS would be a mess like rFactor.

But what if there would be only 1 add on Team in the community. Only that one team would get unofficial support and the tools to create tracks for LFS.

That exclusive modding Team would consist of the brightest, most talented hand-picked artists from within the community, who only produce quality content for LFS, mainly tracks. There is enough talent out there to produce any type of track in the world for LFS in brilliant quality, if its done in an organized, protected and quality assuring way.

Im all for it George, some excellent work was done by the GPLEA down the years making it unrecognisable for the better.

In the absence of any obvious forward direction for LFS I think an LFSEA that submits work to Scawen for release and continuity with the existing game would be amazing. :up:
Quote from senn :BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

lock it. FFS mods please just lock the damn thread. There is NOTHING here that hasn't been gone over 100 times before. This thread will change nothing.

+1 for lock

Have you forgotten to take your pills today? God...
not at all. I'm just sick to death of threads starting, going over the same BS over, and over, and over again. Unless the devs decide that they want it, what is the point in discussing it, again? What do you hope to achieve?
Think you've got something to offer that hasn't been gone over before?

Sick of the same tired old arguments etc. Accept the way it is. Stop starting redundant threads about shit that has been discussed to death already, i'm begging you. (all of you)
Quote from DK_USA :Drifting....for kids, Bah....whatever

Drifting has at least 4 generations under its belt and is a licensed motorsport..soo

BACK OFF

DRIFTING is when your in a boat and its run out of fuel!
Quote from BOSCHO :very clever

Bah, I think LFS was made to be a RACING simulator, and DRIF, CRUISE, DRAG and DERBY are definitely not racing.

Motor sport?

Well, I don't see Drift as sport, but circus show. Clowns and jugglers are not seen as sportmen.

Drag? No comments.

Cruise? better to play TDU.

Derby? Go play Flatout or Burnout.

Racing? Well, I think is that what it is: http://www.lfs.net/?page=moreabout
Quote from Speed Soro :Bah, I think LFS was made to be a RACING simulator, and DRIF, CRUISE, DRAG and DERBY are definitely not racing.

Motor sport?

Well, I don't see Drift as sport, but circus show. Clowns and jugglers are not seen as sportmen.

Drag? No comments.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how drifting and drag racing are not racing..
Quote from Speed Soro :Bah, I think LFS was made to be a RACING simulator, and DRIF, CRUISE, DRAG and DERBY are definitely not racing.

Motor sport?

Drag? No comments.

Tbh, some owners of LFS wouldn't give a damn about that. People find the different possibilities that the game could have. Why should everyone be forced to go online for the same reason? It's better to have different modes. IMO, I think the devs should support these kinda things. It will create a wider audience of people who want to play LFS.
Quote from Speed Soro :I think LFS was made to be a RACING simulator, and DRIF, CRUISE, DRAG and DERBY are definitely not racing

So they included drag track by accident? This bug srsly needs to be fixed ASAP.
that track wasnt an accident like you.. xD

its for acclearating testing and making good setups

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG