The online racing simulator
First impressions, well, i just done 5 hours straight so they must be doing something right.

Im very very impressed, love it.
lol yeah, I need to stretch my arms so I logged off for a while, loving the new content and changes!
Quote from JTbo :If you count reallife to broken physics maybe then I'm used to broken physics, sliding just feels more stable and now it is even slower than before, it feels just wrong and slow motion, can't help it...

Reluctantly, I have to agree Maybe I'm used to wrong physics, but the drifting is nfs easy for me. It is better than before, but I was hoping the new physics would blow the competition away, as I have a lot of sentiment for LFS. Unfortunately, for me the new tyres feel like they are made of something spongy and sticky, rather than hard and 'biting'.

Still, I hope the new physics will attract many beginners to LFS, who were once put off by all that twitchiness of the old cars. The new ones must feel great if one hasn't been through GTR or the rfactor PCC mod.
Overall, I'm REALLY enjoying the new tire physics. I have to agree with some of you about the odd, slow, easy drifting that can be induced. Maybe it is more real and we're just not used to it, who knows.

As for any definite problems, the RAC and especially the FZ50 still drive pretty badly whereas the other road cars had a much more noticeable improvement in my eyes. I still feel like the FZ is just a giant pig! Wheel response is so slow and cumbersome, it feels as if the car weights 5000 pounds! This is definitely not how a sports car should handle. There just has to be something fundamentally wrong with that car's simulated physical/mechanical makeup or something.
I agree, FZ50 feels still very tail-happy. Instead LX6 is great.

Anyone else noticed that Scawen has done something to the collision detection? Still far from perfect but at least now a small contact doesn't put both cars to a instant spin. Maybe the grip affects this too but now you can actually crash maybe too hard to another car's rear and sometimes only the other car gets damaged or blown away from the road.

The patch fix list is pretty uncompleted as this wasn't there (or I am blind).
yes i noticed this as well.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Does anyone feel that the force feedback is weaker than before? Or am I missing something?
Quote from AsterX :Does anyone feel that the force feedback is weaker than before? Or am I missing something?

On the contrary, I had to halve the in-game settings to get the same level of feedback I normally use
Fantastic Patch

Congrats to devs!

Love the BF1, but it really need organised races or theres hell on turn 1 LOL

LFS has gone from the best sim, to the ultimate sim for me
f1 ist too stressful for poor fetzonk...

but,

i also drove xrr and fz50 and both cars feel great. i absolutely love it. great work at the physics. i had lots of fun

thx
Quote from AsterX :Does anyone feel that the force feedback is weaker than before? Or am I missing something?

jup feels a lot weaker (dfp)
Let me say it this way, I dont vomit when I play LFS now, I only urine from excitment.
Quote from Pain-less :Huh..I wonder why? :doh: maybe because the wheel "IS" the dash?

Quote from KiDCoDEa :no shit! OMG!

Quote from Breizh :I expected the wheels LCD would show up on the cockpit dashboard if the wheel was off.

^^ what he said.. Now we still need the wheel on.. but with some cars with he wheel on you cannot see important dash info.. illepall

Quote :
day 3 (Thursday 13th April)

Single seater dashboards :

Also it is a pain in the @$$ to turn the wheel off and on- who the hell knows when it will be in the settings and when it will be gone..
TYRES? does changing the tyre Brand affect the grip or endurance? as this option is in Set up I noticed if I went from Chromo, to michellin, to chromo black, the set up needed to be changed...
tyre wars anyone?
what gives here?
#90 - JTbo
Quote from GT Touring :TYRES? does changing the tyre Brand affect the grip or endurance? as this option is in Set up I noticed if I went from Chromo, to michellin, to chromo black, the set up needed to be changed...
tyre wars anyone?
what gives here?

It is currently only visual effect.
Quote from GT Touring :TYRES? does changing the tyre Brand affect the grip or endurance? as this option is in Set up I noticed if I went from Chromo, to michellin, to chromo black, the set up needed to be changed...
tyre wars anyone?
what gives here?

Unfortunately no, it's just a graphic effect currently. Clearly made for future feature where there would be real different tyre brands.

edit: doh, I'm too slow
Can anyone please tell me wether AI has been improved ?
the ai has not improved at all
Quote from Gabkicks :the ai has not improved at all

I was disappointed by that too.. you could have some good off line battles with them if they weren't so stupid.
My 1st impression : wow
2nd : I have to use locked diff, 'cause the clutch pack is still as crap , and that is a REAL disappointment illepall
#96 - Vain
Quote from BWX232 :I was disappointed by that too.. you could have some good off line battles with them if they weren't so stupid.

They need excessive amounts of overtaking-lessons to be good, but once they got the hang of it ("distance to other car < 0 -> bad!") they are better at it than most human players.

Vain
the ai seems to even gotten worse, because they can´t handle the new physics. they make good use of slipstreaming but then don´t use the extra speed for overtaking but instead breake much earlier.
i tried a five lap race in the bf1 on kyoto oval from the last grid position and i beat tha ai by two laps!!!
didn´t have to use the brake once the whole race (could the brakes be removed for kyoto ring? they only bring weight to the car and are not needed on this track... )
tested some other track/car combos i got different results. on blackwood and in the city the ai seems a little better than in all other tracks, but one have to keep in mind that the ai is learning each track/car seperatly, so they know my favorite tracks better.

peace mo
I love to watch the AI driving the BF1 ... they screw up so badly... oh, it's just fun to watch
Ok, things I don't like about the new patch:
- the BF1 is so fast and that easy too drive, all the other cars seem so slow (ok, it is F1 car). But if you drive the BF1 and then FO8, it seems so slow - but I just have to get used to that
- the MRT is too tame now, and the FZ50, which was nice to drive before is a hell to drive (for me at least)
Things I like:
- the LXs are nice to drive now, you can drive them like the real Caterhams
- the new dashboards and the digital font
- you can feel the car even better
- the UFR doesn't have front tyres for breakfast
#99 - janm
My impressions about the xf gti:

I'm still a demo and i find the new xf gti phyisics just crap.
Maybe new setups are needed, but the car's reaction to wheelturns is just awful imo. Suddenly i have to wait for the nose to come around the turn longer,as if it were a rwd. The steering much to sensitive imo, also the car is slower, doesn't accelerate as fast as it used to.
Also what's bugging me, is the feeling of a better grip at low speed, but a worse one at higher speeds through the turns...:scratch:
The skinny digits also don't give my eyes a pleasure. I wish there would be an option to make it thicker...The car also feels lighter and not as powerful.
I don't get the speed feedback i got in the previous patch. Really funny it's changed that much...

I realise we're still in the early stages of getting to know the updated phyisics, so i won't be jumping to conclusions here. I'll rather wait and see what's the feedback gonna be like..

Jan
I already posted this, I think the new patch T is great. Tried out Sauber and the LX6 (being a Caterham fan), and like them both. Not much to add to what's already been posted in this thread other than I really like the game now.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG