The online racing simulator
No Horns ?
(54 posts, started )
No Horns ?
Somehow the horns doesnt work anymore, did I make some silly mistake ?
Somehow formula cars aren't fitted with horns?
Quote from Tweaker :Somehow formula cars aren't fitted with horns?

No FOX neither ...
dont worry the handbrake is still there i guess.
doriftooooooooooo
...FOX being a formula car.
[quote=KiDCoDEa]dont worry the handbrake is still there i guess.
doriftooooooooooo[/quot

BS, why was it there be4 then ?

The Horns give a lot of extra fun and now that aspect is suddenly gone.
Great patch (...)

Suggestion, restore this option asap .
er... no, the cars dont have horns!
Quote from André :

BS, why was it there be4 then ?

The Horns give a lot of extra fun and now that aspect is suddenly gone.
Great patch (...)

Suggestion, resotre this brain asap.
Quote from André : [...]The Horns give a lot of extra fun and now that aspect is suddenly gone.[...]

Only when they're used sensibly. I've seen faster drivers use them to intimidate slower/newer drivers.

Serp.

Edit by Fonnybone: Ya, eh, quote wasn't from KidCodea but from André...
Quote from André :Suggestion, restore this option asap .

I disagree. Keep them off, and if LFS wants to start getting serious with being a simulation, then it sure as hell should not have multiple horn sounds for the formula cars :zombie:

Handbrake should be the next option to be stripped.
The handbrake shoud me stripped in the cars where it doesnt exist in real life, but made less soft in the cars where it does exist irl

lol @ inco btw :P
Quote from André :

I totally agree.

C'mon guys - out on the REAL track you have much more freedom. The drivers read car behaviors much better (opponents) and you can look more freely aswell and faster too when looking to your sides, while irl racers also have the pit crew to assist them.

Last year during a F1 race I noticed that the pit crew were keeping the driver updated by telling him where the nearby cars were (cars just behind him) - this was ofcouse right after the race had started and before T1.

It seems that also in real life racing can be that hard to keep track of everything - what does this have to do with the horn, you ask? Well, since we (sim racers) are handicapped in lots of ways - degraded quality (no matter how advanced any game is to date, it's far from our real world - no stereo vision - no surround - FOV is limited bigtime - hardware issues (FPS/LAG) etc., we need some way to survive.

Yeah, you can buy stereo glasses or even monitors, but it's still not the same.

The horn can be of big help when trying to survive on the virtual road. Last night I had some races and I experienced twice (different races) that a driver were slowly moving more and more closer towards me - I would have ended up as a sandwich between them and the wall, if it wasn't for the horn - honked shortly and on both occations they immidiatly realised that I was beside them, and corrected the line before anything happend.

The horn is the only thing that lets you communicate while driving - We can chat, yes - but try doing that in T1 or when dog fighting

Whats next? The chat feature is do be dismissed too? I doub't racers communicate verbally when racing in real life :P

But, they CAN do gestures, while we cant.

Scawen, please bring back the horn.
I for one thank the dev's for dumping this feature in the formula cars, long over due imo. Nothing sillier than having some idiot honking behind me to get out of his way.
As for r4ptor's above post.....you do have mirrors, may need to use them now
KiDCoDEa was just kidding about the handbrakes

r4ptor , tnx you seems to understand my point of view.

The Horn was a very helpfull tool to warn also slower drivers.

Now it's gone, and that's a shame. No Scawen I won't go into that issue
Altough it seems to be convinient.
Give the horns back asap plz. A shame that no1 understands at testing ....
Quote from Goresh :I for one thank the dev's for dumping this feature in the formula cars, long over due imo. Nothing sillier than having some idiot honking behind me to get out of his way.
As for r4ptor's above post.....you do have mirrors, may need to use them now

You idiot, you don't understand at all !

It was a way for warning slower drivers that faster drivers were coming in.
Was also a way to make fun with other drivers, fast or slow.

Communication with 200 Km/hr, the only we had ...
There is no need to insult people, André. Unless you cant get your point across by argumentative means, of course.
The way for faster drivers to go around slower ones is to be careful and make a safe pass. Not to blow horns.

r4ptor: you have the overview map to see where cars are. Use it.
Damn André, what a pointless thing to shout about
Imo, horns don't belong in Formula cars as they aren't in real life either, as the aim of LFS is to simulate real life racing as best as possible, horns don't belong in this sim.
Quote from Hoellsen :There is no need to insult people, André. Unless you cant get your point across by argumentative means, of course.
The way for faster drivers to go around slower ones is to be careful and make a safe pass. Not to blow horns.

r4ptor: you have the overview map to see where cars are. Use it.

Hehehe, who started with the "idiot" wasn't me babe

And now for the last time, it's a shame that some don't understand, that the horn WAS a friendly way to inform others drivers that something was going on. I call it communication with a button. Silly me Lucky me I have other games to play. LFS made a BIG mistake. Won't see me here again. Have FUN, play fair don not use the horn, you can't

Bye bye, END .

BTW a proper patch implementation would be a track editor, we just ask for that for 5 years now. In stead of silly unwanted "updates" work on real patches.

CIAO
Quote from André :Hehehe, who started with the "idiot" wasn't me babe

And now for the last time, it's a shame that some don't understand, that the horn WAS a friendly way to inform others drivers that something was going on. I call it communication with a button. Silly me Lucky me I have other games to play. LFS made a BIG mistake. Won't see me here again. Have FUN, play fair don not use the horn, you can't

Bye bye, END .

BTW a proper patch implementation would be a track editor, we just ask for that for 5 years now. In stead of silly unwanted "updates" work on real patches.

CIAO

OMG, stops playing LFS because he can't push the button and hear a little sound file being played...
K, here's a cool game, how about no one calls anyone an idiot and we
see where that leads us ?
Quote from Serpentine :Only when they're used sensibly. I've seen faster drivers use them to intimidate slower/newer drivers.

its a bmw for crying out loud ! havent you ever seen the behaviour of a bmwdriver on a german autobahn ?
Whats the fact I'm an idiot got to do with anything? We have blue flags and mirrors, for a real sim I'd say you can't expect more, horns are for children to play with, they don't belong in any race car, plain and simple.
I tend to agree with the original poster. OK, so it isn't realistic having horns in single seaters but sitting in front of a computer screen doesn't give you the situational awareness and advantages real drivers have.

My biggest gripe with the lack of horns is how tricky the ovals are now. Without the luxury of spotters the horns played a big part in helping players signal if they were in a blindspot or side by side.
Never noticed that the feature was gone, yes it does add to the "realism" but it is also useful for online play as long as its not overused. Up a few posts someone said to just use your mirrors to look for other cars but on my old machine I was unable to have mirrors on due to real poor frame rates(just looked behind any chance I had) so in cases like that the horn would come in handy, then if there is a car in front that you think is just not letting you pass, they may just not know your there(no mirrors like I was) So yeah, if the feature is kept off, oh well we will adjust, if its put back in guess thats cool aswell.
Doesnb't matter anyway, he'd only have banned you from his server for beating him...

No Horns ?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG