The online racing simulator
a cry for help
(23 posts, started )
a cry for help
Well, this may be as off topic as it gets, truth be told im getting desperate for help, so ive come here as a long shot at getting somewhere. At the moment im off school alot, i must be ill with something, the only problem is there is no real proof of something being wrong with me. Only I know how i feel but i have no idea of how to explain it in a way which makes sense. Originally we thought that i may have chronic fatigue syndrome, and for sure any sypmtoms that I had or still am haing do fit that well, but for some reason my being and how i act does not. Ive not been in school properley for about 6 months, so this is obviously a long term thing, maybe depression, but i dont know.

Now to the real problem, i have noone to fight my battle, everyday i have to fight every muscle and feeling in my body just to get up, I then have the same fight with getting to school, im still in on a temporary basis, but everyone, the head and my mum, is pressurising me and abusing their power.

how can i get around this,

please help

thanks.

oscar.
Well there's a few things it could be, the most likely I dont know the name of but there's cases of people who are inexplicably bed ridden and can no longer face the world.

It could be depression or a phase of bipolar 1 or 2 disorder.

It could be a lack of key vitamins in your diet.

It could be ME.

None of these i'm qualified to diagnose. You shouldn't be seeking answers from your parents or school head teacher, you should be seeking answers from your doctor.
People on the internet can't help you
GO to a doctor

clearly you aren't very smart
Quote from oscarhardwick :Well, this may be as off topic as it gets, truth be told im getting desperate for help, so ive come here as a long shot at getting somewhere. At the moment im off school alot, i must be ill with something, the only problem is there is no real proof of something being wrong with me. Only I know how i feel but i have no idea of how to explain it in a way which makes sense. Originally we thought that i may have chronic fatigue syndrome, and for sure any sypmtoms that I had or still am haing do fit that well, but for some reason my being and how i act does not. Ive not been in school properley for about 6 months, so this is obviously a long term thing, maybe depression, but i dont know.

Now to the real problem, i have noone to fight my battle, everyday i have to fight every muscle and feeling in my body just to get up, I then have the same fight with getting to school, im still in on a temporary basis, but everyone, the head and my mum, is pressurising me and abusing their power.

how can i get around this,

please help

thanks.

oscar.

Just go to school okay I felt the same for beighn pushed around by bullies al the time you dont seem to have that problem so just go okay go..

Go to school and stop doing it like this they not trying to do something to you their tryinbg to make you responsible for you actions and think about the effects they have.

So go to some doctor or something
i dont think you get it, i DONT want i diagnosis as i guessed that none of you can do that, ive been to the doctors, hospital, consultants etc many times, i just need a way of coping with the people around me.

thanks.

oscar.

PS. so does this still mean im stupid???
You need a psychiatrist (i'm sure i haven't spelled this right). You obviously have no reasons to get up from bed, if you had, you wouldn't have these problems. It's probably some form of depression, i feel like that sometimes.
Buy something you always wanted, talk to people, help some old lady across the street or a buss, something that will wake you up and realise that it's not all that black..
There is no "I'm miserable, someone fix it" method, it's all about the individual.
Hell, we all feel like that sometimes. You just need to learn to cope. Life changes at the drop of a hat, so think about the possibilities that brings.

The teenage years aren't actually any worse than the rest of your life, the hormones just make it feel that way. And don't think "nobody understands" because they do - we've all been there to some degree.

How about rather than opening your heart to an anonymous world of completely clueless people who don't know you from Adam, you start by talking to the people closest to you?

The term "abusing the power" sounds overly dramatic, which falls into what I've already said - you're likely overreacting either due to a misunderstanding or being in the wrong frame of mind. Stop feeling like they're out to get you and start thinking maybe they're trying to snap you out of it.
Quote from Dajmin :How about rather than opening your heart to an anonymous world of completely clueless people who don't know you from Adam, you start by talking to the people closest to you?

Ahhhh...they in lies a problem, its normally much easier to open up to people who don't have a vested interest in you, people like childline or the samaritans are good.

To me, it sounds like the beginnings of depression, which don't generally go away without some help, be that medication or some form of councilling.
Quote :Now to the real problem, i have noone to fight my battle, everyday i have to fight every muscle and feeling in my body just to get up

None of us have anyone to fight our battles but ourselves, you have a very submissive view there. You need to develop some goals, but most importantly, some goals that actually meen something to you.

My goal for the next few months is to sort out my finances so that my outgoings are back below incomings so that I can save up for a holiday - i'm currently thinking of going to New York for year end, though that's not fixed and I might change my mind yet - but either way I want a holiday. To this end i'm working quite hard at the moment to get all the project work done to ensure I fare well come review time in the summer.

If my goal was "I want to complete my latest project to earn more money" I would be instantly questioning, "what do I need more money for?".

Motivation has to come from within you, and not somebody dealing with all of your problems for you. Nobody is going to send me to New York but myself.
#10 - SamH
Being a resident "internet doctor" (that means I learned everything I know about medicine from Wikipedia), I'd agree with the suggested causes above. ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - I didn't even have to look it up) is another term for CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). Unfortunately it's one of those conditions that a lot of doctors "don't believe in".

Another possibility that I don't think anyone's mentioned, and which happens to be my favourite, is Sleep Apnia. The symptoms you're describing are similar to those which sleep apnia sufferers experience.. constant exhaustion, muscle weakness, lack of motivation, feeling utterly drained and lacking in focus or enthusiasm, and so on.

Nobody here can diagnose you.. we can't even give you a decent prognosis. The best we can offer is a bit of advice.. go see your doctor. Tell him/her everything and s/he will be able to take it from there. As far as I know, you don't need your parent's permission to go see your doctor. Could be wrong.

Beware: Internet diagnoses have a 38.3% chance of killing you.
Quote from Becky Rose :None of us have anyone to fight our battles but ourselves

Indeed, its one of those very enlightening moments when you realise, that no matter what, no matter who you've got around you, you are on your own in this life!!!!.
We're all awesome at making people feel better
meh, its pure mental, the issue, mind of matter my friend... when the going get tough, get tougher then it , beat it to the ground, give it chinese burns, kick it in the face, molest it with a Issues For dummies book...

eveyrone has issues on a day to day basis, some bigger then others , but we all over come them...

no point talking/crying about them... life goes on im afraid.
#14 - J.B.
Here's my take.

Don't listen to people who think they know it all and suggest you just "pull yourself out of it" or even accuse you of over dramaticizing for the sake of either being able to live a lazy life or to get more attention. Most people have never been through real shit but everybody is convinced they have (probably including me ).

Most important thing is to get the most out of the medical services that are available to you but it sounds like you have already been to a few doctors (not saying you should get yourself full of drugs, just saying you need to try the best you can to find out if there is anything wrong with you that is diagnosable and treatable).

When you've done that you have no other option than to accept your health the way it is and try to find goals that you can achieve and will allow you to live as worthwhile a life as possible (whatever that means).

Do you have real physical problems that keep you from being able to do normal things, like panic attacks or disorientation? If yes then you probably need medication. If no then you need to start doing something new, like trying to get a new job (if you're old enough, not sure about your age). If you can't do anything because you're too young and there is no option but school, then you need to get yourself through there somehow until you are old enough to have more life choices available to you.

Get well soon!
#15 - senn
I've felt a bit like that, hard to get up, cbf facing the world ever since i was in highschool.
But is was at it's worst when i was @ highschool. Ended up on antidepressants (that really weren't the answer) So i left and started working. I don't know if this is exactly what you're going through, but i spose if you're not happy where you are, maybe it's time to try something else?

I really don't know what else to suggest, except keep trying professionals until you find someone who will listen to what you have to say...
Well if youre health is so bad atm then dont think about getting further into karting.
#17 - AMB
Quote from Klutch :People on the internet can't help you
GO to a doctor

Well he did say he hasn't been to school in 6 months LMFAO0Z0RZCOPTERMANZ.
GO to a doctor

Well thats a horrible thing to say. If you have nothing supportive to say, say nothing at all. I think people like you could be part of Oscars problem.

Oscar, sometimes I get this feeling. It's nowhere near as bad as yours, I'm not saying it is, but maybe just try facing the world, seeing where that takes you. If you try, maybe it won't be as bad as you thought/think. If you need help or somebody to talk to, I'm open, although I'm hopeless as a psychiatrist, so don't expect me to fully solve your issue, just to mearly help and try steer you back on the right path. Just no matter how bad it seems, remember, you're still human, you're young, fit and have a lot to live for. People are in worse situations and they have pulled through, so you can to . Anyway, get well soon, and although internet isn't the best place to go, I understand it might be a last cry out as you feel nobody is listening to you, or gets what you mean. And the internet might come up with a surprising amount of ideas, try printing out a list of what we come up with and taking it to your doctor. Sometimes a doctor might just not think of something straight away, but if they see it they might realise thats whats up with you.

Anyway, get well soon!!!
GO to a doctor

Decent advice there.

If it's personal then yeah sure, you woulda been more supportive, but it's obviously a physical thing so doctors for you!
What everyone said

@Sam: Chuck me more on sleep apanea (sp?) I wanna read up on it
#21 - SamH
Quote from DieKolkrabe :@Sam: Chuck me more on sleep apanea (sp?) I wanna read up on it

http://help-me-to-sleep.com/sleep-apnea/

You got the spelling right (or sleep apnoea - English [non-US] spelling, Latin root). But hey, at least I can spell myalgic encephalomyelitis

I'm supposed to be going for testing for this. I just haven't phoned up yet. I'm supposed to call my hospital to arrange to be "fitted" with a portable machine that counts the number of times I stop breathing in the night. A mate of mine was diagnosed with sleep apnea a few years back.. the machine counted him stopping breathing in the night over 300 times
I was in the same spot when I was younger, took the easy way out and refused to go to school and regret it every single day now. It's hard to do but you need to find a way to beat it. Mine was a combination of severe depression and some other stuff, but definately see a doctor you feel comfortable talking to. Since the problem is never obvious.

Just stick with it because if you give up you'll regret it. I do.

Edit: My MSN is in my profile if you need someone to talk to about this, since you pretty much described what I went through and I might be able to help.
-
(whitey6272) DELETED by whitey6272

a cry for help
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG