The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Quiz
(85 posts, started )
Quote from Alien_CZ :Arrows

Only one racer has driven best lap in his first race. Who?

Giancarlo Baghetti?
Quote from Alien_CZ :Arrows

Only one racer has driven best lap in his first race. Who?

There are two answers to this question.

Nino Farina, 1950 British Grand Prix (first F1 race), and Jacques Villeneuve in Australia 1996.
^ googlehax?

And that's not ONE driver DT

EDIT: Villy
It's not one driver because two drivers did it
Quote from duke_toaster :There are two answers to this question.

Nino Farina, 1950 British Grand Prix (first F1 race), and Jacques Villeneuve in Australia 1996.

It wasnt true debut but ok its true.
^ Disagree

Fastest lap is under race conditions.

I still go wth JV...Aus 1996.
No, Nino Farina set a fastest lap of 1:50.6 on lap two of the 1950 British GP, I guess the question is a little flawed ...

Shall I post mine, or did silentwar get it?
Quote from duke_toaster :No, Nino Farina set a fastest lap of 1:50.6 on lap two of the 1950 British GP, I guess the question is a little flawed ...

Shall I post mine, or did silentwar get it?

You are right, its your turn.
A record for most of a certain event happening in a season is held jointly by two years.

In both years had teams with Honda engines had impressive collections of consecutive results. One team did something six times on the bounce, another did something impressive to a lesser extent thirteen times. These weren't all time records, but still were pretty good.

What record is this, and what years?
Engine related DNFs?

Or consecutive wins?

Or both?

Poles? DNQs?

Qualifying lap records?
yeah i cant think of anything so you go :P
Is it DNPQs for one of the dodgier teams in the early '90s?
Quote from amp88 :Is it DNPQs for one of the dodgier teams in the early '90s?

No.

Remember, you need the two years that share the first record, and the two other things that happened in those years with the Honda motors.
/me gets ready to gloat.
#40 - 5haz
Something to do with Mclaren and Tyrell methinks.
You are getting warm with one of the teams for one of the years ... now, all that's needed is the other year and what links the years.
Mclaren = 15 poles in 1988 using Honda power

Tyrrell = 6 DNQs
Close but no cigar ... on that first part.

Impressive to a lesser extent does not mean bad.

From now on I'm only going to post feedback on complete answers (I.E. Two years, the feats in those years and the record that those years share).
Mclaren = 15 wins in 1988 using Honda power

Tyrrell = 6 consecutive podium finishes?
Think I might have this.

1988 and 2004 share the record for most wins by a team in a season; 15 by McLaren and Ferrari respectively.

In 1988 McLaren-Honda had 6 consecutive front row starts.

In 2004 BAR-Honda had 13 consecutive points finishes.
Nein und nein.
Whoa not a single thing, not even the years?
No, not the years. It might be an idea to work backwards, thinking of an F1 record that is shared between two years and then look at what happened in those years.
Lol that's what I did, although I decided to actively ignore the fact my record was shared by 3 seasons.
I'm almost certain my record is held by only two seasons, if it isn't the question is f*cked.

Formula 1 Quiz
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG