The online racing simulator
G25&g51 vs z5500
(82 posts, started )
IMO, it doesn't matter at all where you place a subwoofer. You can't hear what direction the bass is comming from anyway.
And since when does it matter if a drink-can will move around on a table while listening to music? If your drink-can is moving around while listening to music, probably your bass is turned up way too high (along with the volume)... too much bass kills the music...
I know it was just a test, but a silly one anyway.

Now, not to pour oil into the fire... but...

Why do people buy Logitech systems if they want good sound? They make the most terrible speaker systems ever...
(for the record: i have a logitech system aswell... for the PC. For anything serious i'll connect headphones (good ones) or use the hi-fi system in my livingroom)
imo z5500 makes good sound..
Quote from jibber :Why do people buy Logitech systems if they want good sound? They make the most terrible speaker systems ever...
(for the record: i have a logitech system aswell... for the PC. For anything serious i'll connect headphones (good ones) or use the hi-fi system in my livingroom)

Because most people think boomy bass = good sound
Quote from pb32000 :Because most people think boomy bass = good sound

lol look that was just a test, sometimes I wanna feel the bass but 90% of time I have the sub 50% volume and really listen to the music.
I'm not saying the video is how you have it all the time (I haven't even watched the video). I'm saying boomy bass =/= good sound.
That's exactly what i feel about my own logitech system... it's not a 5.1, but i've heard the bigger systems aswell at other places.

It can give a very strong bass, but that's about it. I have turned down the bass all the way and it's still plenty. The speakers itself are not really terrible... they are still speakers after all. They produce sound that is ok to listen to music while doing something else. But if i really sit down, to listen to music, then they are simply crap compared to a good sound system/speakers. Heck, even the speakers in my car have better sound...

But still... i guess for most people a lot of bass is equal to good sound quality. And i'm speaking generally here... not pointing at anybody.
#82 - Migz
Quote from jibber :
Now, not to pour oil into the fire... but...

Why do people buy Logitech systems if they want good sound? They make the most terrible speaker systems ever...

The Logitech Z-5500's do provide good sound, perhaps not excellent, but good. And for the z-5500's price range the quality is extremely good compared to other systems in this price range.

Also nor I or Tommy listen to our music like this all the time, we know that if the bass is up then the sound will go boomy and slightly shitty. But we dont listen to music like that all the time.

I only like to put it bassy to show off, its a cool thing to show off to my friends, and to ladie friends, especially when i ask the ladies to put their breasticles on the wall outside my room (when my subwoofer is directly on the other side of the wall). Haha, but yeah, i do listen to music with the bass at a reasonable level so that its not all shizzy like you say.

Edit: Jibber are you using a soundcard by any chance? As having a shitty/no sound card will make them sound shite.

Double Edit:
Diet Coke Can Vs The Prodigy
Diet Coke Can Vs Lerkini 15
You can see that mine is nowhere near as good as Tommy's (N)

G25&g51 vs z5500
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG