The online racing simulator
G25&g51 vs z5500
(82 posts, started )
#51 - Migz
Well would you tell me how yours is setup then?
How its connected to your pc?
6ch, so umm.. yeah.

Maybe it just doesn't for u&your channels. You said these doesn't have the power you expected.. But getting a mouse to "jump" on the table is enough power to me
What soundcard do you have?
Attached images
IMG_6343s.jpg
#53 - Migz
The reason im not getting boost 22 is because im not on 6ch. You are, why didnt you point this out earlier?

And i brought my dads computer upstairs which has outputs for 6ch and it went onto boost 22.
So all i need to do is buy a soundcard and im sorted

And having your mouse bounce around the table is nothing to do with loudness, thats bass.
My bass is indeed phenomenal. Its just the volume thats quiet.
Quote from Migz :And having your mouse bounce around the table is nothing to do with loudness, thats bass.
My bass is indeed phenomenal. Its just the volume thats quiet.

ahh i though you meant the bass.. but imo these are loud too, as these will break your ears if you listen for sometime with boost 22
Mute+Knob=11 boost ... "22 boost?" .... no way
Boost +22 comes only when volume is maxxed and you keep voluming it up. Also, for bigger lifetime - dont use boost +11 ... It makes the power unit make more work and the system works always on high state. On +11 it has more work even raising the dB always up.
And, as Z5500 sattelites dont play mid range very well. You can drop the 100Hz to 250Hz a bit so you could have a little smoother bass I used it and it sounded alot better.
Quote from hazaky :Mute+Knob=11 boost ... "22 boost?" .... no way
Boost +22 comes only when volume is maxxed and you keep voluming it up.

lol wut? You can do it in order you want, first scroll to +11, it will not go further, then mute+scroll it goes to 22..
I dont remember that it working in that way. Maybe you got the new version what works like that, who knows ...
Quote from hazaky :I dont remember that it working in that way. Maybe you got the new version what works like that, who knows ...

lol every version is like that
Good god these speakers sounds good with optical cable & asus xonar d2!!!!
huh worth of 400+ euros
#61 - Migz
Just thought id mention i bought a 5.1 soundcard and now i can go up to boost 22

But on mine you have to do boost 11, then volume + 11 to get to boost 22.
Cant do it the other way around :/
#63 - senn
Top shelf headphones > speakers

Especially when you're racing/shooting stuff at 3am.
Keeps the neighbours happy not to hear gunshots and screams, or the drone of your engine
Quote from senn :Top shelf headphones > speakers

Especially when you're racing/shooting stuff at 3am.
Keeps the neighbours happy not to hear gunshots and screams, or the drone of your engine

You can't feel the bass with headphones
#65 - Migz
Right that video is INSANE!
But i swear to god something must be wrong with my subwoofer then. As it doesnt do anything like that at all.
Everything in my room shakes, but nothing like jumps or falls over as such.
#66 - senn
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :You can't feel the bass with headphones

Yeah mine can rattle my head, i've run test tones down to 10hz, which you can't hear, but you can damn sure feel

there's always the 4x 12" subs if i don't want to use the headphones anyway
Quote from Migz :Right that video is INSANE!
But i swear to god something must be wrong with my subwoofer then. As it doesnt do anything like that at all.
Everything in my room shakes, but nothing like jumps or falls over as such.

where is your sub located and have you set the subwoofer settings right?
I have with optical cable 100% sub, ~60% rear speakers and ~40% center from the control pod.

Sound card setup

Mixer

And the sub is located.. (soft floor, heavy table)
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
IMG_6634s.jpg
#68 - Migz
My soundcard is a cheap one so i didnt bother installing the software that came with it.

But my mixer in my music player looks like this

and the location of my sub is

Everything its around is hard really, warddrobe, desk, the stand thing for my wireless router,wireless hd,freesat and centre hub :/
Although the floor is extremely weak.

it was set to 40% rear and centre. And 100% subwoofer.
But im connected via 6ch, so im going to try optical now.

Edit: I cant get it to work with optical for some reason.
Attached images
mediamonkey.JPG
DSC02586.jpg
You seem to have soo soft&fat mat under it and the pressure what comes from the subwoofer goes forward to nowhere so that's why nothin is jumping :P Btw I suggest you to move the sub as in the package read that it should be 60feet away from other eletric devices

Also get some space for the pipe where the air comes out

It's not less powerful sub :P
#70 - Migz
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :You seem to have soo soft mat under it and the pressure what comes from the subwoofer goes forward to nowhere so that's why nothin is shaking :P Btw I suggest you to move it as in the package read that it should be 60feet away from other eletric devices

Thats the floor underneath it.
And bass isnt directional. Bass moves in all directions :/

Isnt it 2 feet/60 cm?
Either way i cant move it anywhere else as thats the only place a subwoofer this big can go.
And all the electrical things above it that are within 2feet (everything up until the playstation) are off so they wont get affected, and if they do their not mine so smeh haha.
And my computer is possibly within the 2feet thing but its old and i wouldnt mind if it broke so i could upgrade to a newer one.

Ahah, ok ill move my amplifier from besides the subwoofer to give that pipe some air, i didnt even put that amp there :/ my mum did.
Also ive noticed the subwoofer is very bassy, but at the same time not bassy :s
As in wherever i go in the house i can hear/feel the bass.... but yet its not strong enough to move a diet coke can which is on the desk next to it, and even if i put it ontop of the subwoofer it hardly moves.
#71 - senn
cos drivers that big aren't REALLY subs, they're woofers...run any kind of serious low frequency thru it at high volume and it won't handle it.
Quote from Migz :Thats the floor underneath it.
And bass isnt directional. Bass moves in all directions :/

Isnt it 2 feet/60 cm?
Either way i cant move it anywhere else as thats the only place a subwoofer this big can go.
And all the electrical things above it that are within 2feet (everything up until the playstation) are off so they wont get affected, and if they do their not mine so smeh haha.
And my computer is possibly within the 2feet thing but its old and i wouldnt mind if it broke so i could upgrade to a newer one.

Ahah, ok ill move my amplifier from besides the subwoofer to give that pipe some air, i didnt even put that amp there :/ my mum did.
Also ive noticed the subwoofer is very bassy, but at the same time not bassy :s
As in wherever i go in the house i can hear/feel the bass.... but yet its not strong enough to move a diet coke can which is on the desk next to it, and even if i put it ontop of the subwoofer it hardly moves.

Ah yea 60cm sorry :P and yea bass goes in all directions but I think the highest pressure comes in front of the sub itself? Not sure.. But yeah..
The power of it is the same it's just the sub location and the room of it etc..

Quote from senn :cos drivers that big aren't REALLY subs, they're woofers...run any kind of serious low frequency thru it at high volume and it won't handle it.

I have nothing to discuss in here with you.. 10inch sub is the right size for me. 12" doesn't make as high hz bass so sharply as the 10" does.
#73 - Migz
Quote from senn :cos drivers that big aren't REALLY subs, they're woofers...run any kind of serious low frequency thru it at high volume and it won't handle it.

:/ The last speakers i had didnt really have a subwoofer either, they had 3 mid range tweeters.
Now you tell me my new one isnt a subwoofer either, *slaps you*.

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Ah yea 60cm sorry :P and yea bass goes in all directions but I think the highest pressure comes in front of the sub itself? Not sure.. But yeah..
The power of it is the same it's just the sub location and the room of it etc..

I have nothing to discuss in here with you.. 10inch sub is the right size for me. 12" doesn't make as high hz bass so sharply

Ahah, well thats the only place in the room where i can have the sub. I think its probably the fact that i have an extremely week floor. I know the solution though, move house haha. XD
Im about to upload a video of a can of diet coke on my desk being filmed whilst playing the prodigy. Which doesnt move at all :/ And then another of it ontop of the subwoofer. Where it moves slightly. But does nothing compared to your video lol.
#74 - senn
Depends on the driver, amp, crossover, and type of music you are listening to. I have tended to find those small plastic enclosures to have a very "woody" sound, even when you try to stop them bass coupling with desks/floors etc.

But audio is a very subjective and personal thing, and if it makes you happy, it's all good

LOL moving a coke can with the prodigy? unlikely. Perhaps try some Massive Attack, something from mezzanine album, or some Brooklyn bounce (shit music but loads of bass)
Quote from Migz ::/ The last speakers i had didnt really have a subwoofer either, they had 3 mid range tweeters.
Now you tell me my new one isnt a subwoofer either, *slaps you*.

Ahah, well thats the only place in the room where i can have the sub. I think its probably the fact that i have an extremely week floor. I know the solution though, move house haha. XD
Im about to upload a video of a can of diet coke on my desk being filmed whilst playing the prodigy. Which doesnt move at all :/ And then another of it ontop of the subwoofer. Where it moves slightly. But does nothing compared to your video lol.

It doesn't move for me in the wrong frequencys either.. I haven't tried other songs than that lerkini 15 but I doubt that I find so perfect bass from other songs.. I'll try others tomorrow. Add me in msn xtomppax@hotmail.com

G25&g51 vs z5500
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG