The online racing simulator
Westhill 1950
(47 posts, started )
Quote from Rudy van Buren :The just needs a more infield part, sector 1 and 2 are fine maby som curbs in t4 would be nice but in sector 3 the should make somthing realy slow with proper chicanes instead of lfs chicanes...

Yea. :P
Attached images
lfsvsrl.jpg
Quote from Darkone55 :Yea. :P

exactly,

a chicane is a point where you need to brake slow down alot and accelerate again not like lfs flat jump over curbs or gras
Quote from Rudy van Buren :exactly,

a chicane is a point where you need to brake slow down alot and accelerate again not like lfs flat jump over curbs or gras

And more importantly, where there is more then one line possible. For more overtaking spots.
When I think about old westhill I get something more like this:

(instead of an oval the old westhill should be more like an old 'ring )
Quote from Hyperactive :When I think about old westhill I get something more like this:

(instead of an oval the old westhill should be more like an old 'ring )

no, the hair pin is "too" tight
or this~
Attached images
未命名.JPG
Well, i prefer to make Westhill more slower to have more chance to overtake and make it more funny for f1 cause i thing is very fast even for the F1. So rebuilding some turn i thing the funny and the competition experience can better.
To avoid confusions say this is only mi opinion for a new layout for westhill but not overwritting the one we have (so this is my proposal for westhill layout2)

Well i rebuild turn 2 i cause i thing turn 1 is very cool and must be like the original one.
New turn2

Turn 3 and 4 i thing could be the original one cause i thing Westhill must continue to be a fast track.

New Chicane (rebuild to make it a proper chicane)

And the last change i thing could be redone the final esses.
Let's see
What about not arguing on just one modification of Westhill, but add scania's and ozark ?

This would make Westhill follow the same basic layout but either with a normal, fast, and slow version of it which would make it suitable for most of the cars we have here. Also add a small oval somewhere (the tunnel in the corner is a good idea, imho), and you will have a multiplatform venue that suits all the cars we have !
#35 - aoun
I don't think Westhill should be slow at all.

Should be blind, fast, flowing, quick and demanding! Not all tracks have to be all technical, slow turns and tight. Fast racing tracks and Westhill is a great example are sometimes the hardest to keep on pace, consistent and quick. You go off line or wide in 1 turn, you have lost alot of time on the next straight etc. You have to be quick around the turn etc.

A street track for example, you can brake late, gas later etc on some turns depending on whats next. Maybe thats just me though, im quicker, more consistent with much better race craft on the south city, fern bay rather then the long Aston configs and Westhill. It requires a whole different driving style, and in LFS, we have ALOT of slow turns.

I say add another Westhill config, slow it down maybe here or there if needed, but its reputation is fast and blind like said earlier, that's its characteristics and history.
My idea for Westhill. I added some kinda cotour lines to show hills. Notice that my Westhill has a hill in the west
Attached images
Westhill.jpg
I think Westhill should be changed into a German track ('weistheil' or whatever) have a much longer course with loads of sharp turns then we have a replica of the Nurgburgring.
Quote from JO53PHS :My idea for Westhill. I added some kinda cotour lines to show hills. Notice that my Westhill has a hill in the west

Geography n3rd
If you wanted to translate Westhill it's Westberg :P
The current Westhill configuration is good enough, no point to change something
The Westhill monza is good, but i will cannot try
Quote from Rudy van Buren :to explane them even more, lfs doenst realy have a proper chicane, cuss most of the time you can fly over the curbs

TBH that's not entirely the chicanes' fault, if we had more realistic suspension damage, some of those mistreated chicanes would instantly become very respected

PS: as for the OP's suggestion, it's all good to me. More layouts, slower, faster, whatever! as long as we get it within the decade
one of the worst suggestions
Because he didn't think of it. Personally, I like the idea.
Any fast track is good
But the oval one, +1 (But maybe not to Westhill, maybe just brand new track area)
yes good idea... i still need to drive on the original one

Westhill 1950
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG