The online racing simulator
How many here are driving RC cars?
(58 posts, started )
Heya!

how many in here is driving RC cars and what do you drive?

I bought my first "real" car 2 weeks ago, it's a Thunder Tiger EB-4 s2 Pro.
Gonna take a job for the summer and eventually either buy a 1:8 OR race car or a 1:5 HPI Baja 5T (SOOO BRUTAL!).
My TT EB-4 is going great except that the spring inside the pullstart broke yesterday so I didnt get any driving today. Gonna buy a new pullstart tomorrow probably.
I have even named my car! It's named Tugger

Pics of my baby (this is the first day I got her, my grandpa is using my camera atm)
Attached images
IMGP3627.jpg
IMGP3630.jpg
IMGP3633.jpg
IMGP3628.jpg
I used to drive a Yokomo MR4TC SD CM

Now I have a Schumacher Mission 3.5 PRO Carbon Fiber I LOVE IT
Brushless 9.5T
Spectrum DX3.0
LiPo batt's
pics up soon
Bah, electric cars aint anything for men! it's gotta be methanol!
^dont have a methanol yet, only electric... i goes off roading..
i used to race, i did electric touring cars (had an associated tc4ft just after it came out) and also did 1/10 buggies, again electric both 2 and 4 wd, forst one i had was a losi XX buts bought a yokomo mr4bcs of a factory team driver. gave it up a while ago as we hadnt the time to go race and we also moved on to full size vehicles but i do still have my cars
#6 - (SaM)
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Heya!
how many in here is driving RC cars and what do you drive?

I always wanted to have an RC car body in the shape of a fluffy fat cat.

But I don't like being stuck on the ground, nor flying forward only. I fly a chopper. Just because it makes the noise of 10.000 bees and flies in any direction. Including inches above the heads of pesky neighbours.

E-Flite Blade 400 3D
2200mA LiPo
Brushless motor
Spektrum DX6 transmitter
Attached images
DSC_1475.jpg
DSC_1430.jpg
Sam: I am going to start with planes too! Just need to fix some stuff and I'm ready to take my 2nd trainer plane up in the air
-
((SaM)) DELETED by (SaM)
#8 - (SaM)
First you post a picture of your cat as your RC car, then you think my heli is a plane?

Need a drink mate? Or perhaps a quick tour back to kindergarten, to study the little signs with pictures. HOUSE CAT FLOWER AIRPLANE TREE HELICOPTER MOUSE

Quote from JohnPenn :Nice images.
Aircraft is my thing, built this chippy last year my first proper kit not pre-built, took 8 weeks to build and cover.

84" wingspan
40CC petrol engine
VERY aerobatic

http://www.apacheaviation.co.uk/Chipmunks/Pepsi/pepsi.html

Awesome!

My friend has a Yak with 45cc engine!
A beast!

Sam: I meant that I will start with planes, I mentioned it when you were taking the subject to flying stuff ^^
Ive got a HPI RS4 3, with a Kyosho Astra Coupe BTCC bodyshell on it. Ill try get some pics of it but lately its been a money eater, bought brand new manifold, gasket and screw set (old one kept falling off) and then yesterday used it for first time since putting new parts on and it fell off again, even loctite doesnt keep it on.
I have quite some RC stuff. 3 HPI RS4's. 2 Serpents. 1 HPI baja. 3 heli's, 3 planes (building a Douglass DC-3 atm). Have helicopter lessons since 2 weeks aswell
Bose: Which baja!? 5b or 5T?
I own a HPI Savage X 4.6 RTR and it's fantastic

All I need is some money to buy load's of upgrade's for it :P

Piccy

Bit muddy lol!
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Awesome!

My friend has a Yak with 45cc engine!
A beast!

Sam: I meant that I will start with planes, I mentioned it when you were taking the subject to flying stuff ^^

Flown a few Yak's great in knife edge flight and point rolls, very precise
Good luck with you second aircraft, low winger? great hobby isn't it

Actually i'm working on an autopilot for this model. It's on my desk, never flown with it though (there's no space to fly near my work).
Use to fly a little beginner pusherprop until it nosed in the ground once too many times. I need to get some proper radio gear before I jump back into it again. That AM stuff on the RTFs sucks.

Flying from your back porch rocks.

What I would love to do is the virtual flying with video goggles.
Nice Toys I have 3 rc Nitros one Kyosho Landmax 1/8th gs.21 shaft driven 4x4, 1/10th scale Tamia shaft 4x4 and some cheap 4x4 1/10th scale 2 speed buggy.

Finding parts for my Landmax nowadays is a nightmare, just got a replacement spur gear after sorting that the spring in the pullstart snaps . I think i really should just buy a starter box but they aint to portable
Ah I did wonder how many LFS racers were also RC racers.

I got back into RC a few years ago, about the same time I got into LFS.

In the 90's I raced a Schumacher Pro-Cat (4WD), a Cougar 2 (2WD), and then (my favourite) a Cougar 2000 (2WD) - all 1:10 electric off-road buggies that I raced at my local model car clubs in the North-East of the UK. I also raced 1:10 electric Tamiya F1 (2WD) on carpet at that stage.

Went to Uni for a few years and had to give it up, then about 5 years back I was passing a model/hobby shop with an advert for the local model car club stuck to the window. So I drove down to see what it was like, and a guy who was practicing there very kindly let me have a go with his car. I discovered I still had 'the thumbs' for it, I was pretty decent first time round, and I kind of obliterated his best lap times. Anyway, long story short, I bought a second-hand 1:10 I.C. (Gas) Mugen MTX-3 and, after one club meeting, I entered my first 1:10 I.C. UK National meeting, which I did OK in.

Still racing 4 years later, in that time I've owned the MTX-3, an Associated RC10 NTC3, a Serpent 710, and currently a Mugen MTX4-R. In addition I've met my future wife through RC racing!

Occasionally very frustrating, but very enjoyable and having a good close race on the track with my racing friends is what I do it for- just like LFS - and that's what I love about racing
RC car to LFS

Hahaha

Anyway, I got 2 RC Cars, but somebody stole them when I was child
Here's my money gobbler.
Attached images
IMG_0252.jpg
Quote from JohnPenn :Flown a few Yak's great in knife edge flight and point rolls, very precise
Good luck with you second aircraft, low winger? great hobby isn't it

It's a high winger.
My friend gave it to me so meh, I need to buy everything, reciever, battery etc.
Altough I feel that low winged feels more easy to fly and easier to correct (been playing Real Flight 4.5 at his house).
Quote from mclarenmatt :Wheeyyy HPI

yep, i want a new engine for it but not sure whether to get another pre evo one or whether to find out whether the RS4 Evo engine will fit.

(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG