The online racing simulator
Global ban remove
(37 posts, started )

Poll : About global ban

Keep
Remove
One mean fact now is that if demo noobs ban us at the demo we are screwed too!
I got globalled when pro_drift_93 made me go bankrupt on my server. He fined me alot, and as I was the host, LFS repeatedly sent ban statisctics to LFSWorld.
Quote from JasonJ :Basically you screwed up so you want to remove global bans?

:/

Never test code in critical environments. Replace your /ban code with /kick NAME or /echo NAME was banned!!! Leave global bans in, for the sake of the rest of us.

Last guy I knew of who tested his ban systems, banned himself 20 odd times and he emailed the Devs about the mistake and it was fixed.

BTW: you only get counted towards a global ban if your were online on the actual server when the ban is issued. That's how LFS works already.

I said I just thought I should make this thread. Are you even reading? This happened long long long time ago and I mostly wanted to see everybody's opinion on this. Stop with the useless attacks like (you did bad, you screwed yourself), or you just want to start another useless 'forum fight'?? xD

It's just.... annoying... You know??

Edit: No need to start teaching me what to do. Most of us are not dumb and I hope you know that too. Your whole post was only saying what you think I have done wrong and for what reason I want this to be removed and how bad noob I have been to make this happen. I was still learning how to code, I was still testing LFS and I already said the 2nd one but from it the 1st is clear enough too.

Edit 2: Can a mod close the thread, since the results are already obvious and I don't want this to turn in to a fight thread where everyone is just offending other people without even reading what they have said(since there are too many threads like that already). I'm going to stop reading it anyway.
Keep!

It's their own fault if they do such stupid things and get a global ban. Nothing to say really.
Quote from Kristjan.J :Keep!

It's their own fault if they do such stupid things and get a global ban. Nothing to say really.

Just felt I have to say it's their fault really. And it was my fault when I got it too. So keep it and I'm out of the thread for real now.
The people who gets global ban must have done something REALLY stupid such as hacking etc.
So WHY should the devs keep letting them hack by not global banning?
Why do we want them here?
Or in other terms, why do YOU want those hackers here?
I think the admins of the servers should choose if they want to make the ban count for global LFS ban or not
Quote from Sir moi 407 :I think the admins of the servers should choose if they want to make the ban count for global LFS ban or not

That my man is one of the best solution ive read for some time I like it.
The only thing is to then have reasonable admins
i was thinking along the lines of like how cruise insim has reasons, why dont we have that for non cruise servers so it would be AND ALSO
/ban <USERNAME> <DAYS> <REASON> <GLOBAL BAN YES OR NO>
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :i was thinking along the lines of like how cruise insim has reasons, why dont we have that for non cruise servers so it would be AND ALSO
/ban <USERNAME> <DAYS> <REASON> <GLOBAL BAN YES OR NO>

No point to add new options, (save Scawen more work) because this is solved by insim programmer's logic:

GLOBAL BAN EFFECT YES
/ban <USERNAME> >DAYS>

GLOBAL BAN EFFECT NO
/kick <USERNAME>
/ban <USERNAME> >DAYS>

Reason is either one of:
Admin has no negotiation skills
Player is a retard
So, you think that if I put a server up, players comes in.
And then I global bans them forever and they can't play LFS anymore because some retard global banned them.

Great success!
Current LFS system requires you get a large number of server bans (While online) to get a global ban. I think the post above is oriented around this theory.

You can't instant global ban someone here and I don't think he was intending that, just give a ban that COUNTS towards a potential global ban.

CURRENTLY, you can choose this by banning the person while they are online, or wait until they are offline.

Global ban remove
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG