The online racing simulator
Global ban remove
(37 posts, started )

Poll : About global ban

Keep
Remove
Global ban remove
Don't know how to start so I'm going straight to the explanation:

Ok, I think that S2 users should not have a global ban from lfs online at all but just keep it on demoers.

S2 licensed are kinda screwed that way because if a demo users gets a global ban he would just make a new account until his ban is over(well some might not but most of them will), so I don't think it's fair.

Also one time when I was testing something in my server(at my only time I had a global ban warning) I accidently banned myself and unbanned, after which the global warning told me there is one ban less.

In both ways (if removed or not) I think a feature in the lfsworld should be added to see where have you been banned and for how long, and if the server is not online say it doesn't count.

That's it I think.

ps: I am not a crasher or anything and I don't really know how I got a global warning the single time I had one but it was really annoying for me.

So.. What do you think?
I think that if you are fair and clean racer, you shouldnt be even worried about getting even kicked off the server. So to me its that keep the global ban and ban noobs (like speedhackers, etc. etc...)
Quote from EliteAti :I think that if you are fair and clean racer, you shouldnt be even worried about getting even kicked off the server. So to me its that keep the global ban and ban noobs (like speedhackers, etc. etc...)

you took the words right out of my mouth
Do people still use speedhacks? And do they do this in S2? I am not being sarcastic and I have really been missing that.
This is a odd question, but would it be possible to have a system that detects speedhacks automatically? If so it would be a good idea, a system that automatically flags up wreckers could work too ...
Well i dont know what to say about it but some times when i go to a demo server and race(and winning :razz they will ask if i have s2 and when i say yes. they call a vote to ban me. It pisses me off. but if someone has s2 and speed hacking i think they should be banned and never be aloud to make another account (IP ban) so i would have to say yes to keep the ban on.
Quote from EliteAti :I think that if you are fair and clean racer, you shouldnt be even worried about getting even kicked off the server. So to me its that keep the global ban and ban noobs (like speedhackers, etc. etc...)

Hmmm, yes. I agree with YOUUU.
If you have done something serious enough to warrant a global ban, then it should stay to be honest.

I don't however think that IP banning is such a good idea, because if you are on a dynamic IP address like me (3g, don't ask!) then there is a chance that a genuine racer could be unable to use LFS online if they happen to be assigned an IP that has been banned until their IP changes again.

I know the likelyhood of that happening is quite remote, but it is possible.
#9 - garph
Kinda pointless, obvious result poll.

All has been said, global ban should stay.
seems to me that demo racers voted no and S2 racers voted keep
when you recieve a global ban you must have really done bad things... this doesnt happen after you have been banned twice or so; it requires a lot bans.
whatsoever, this system is definetely needed to keeps things clean, so it wont be removed, no matter what the poll results are. thus this thread is useless...
/vote close
Quote from ORION :when you recieve a global ban you must have really done bad things... this doesnt happen after you have been banned twice or so; it requires a lot bans.
whatsoever, this system is definetely needed to keeps things clean, so it wont be removed, no matter what the poll results are. thus this thread is useless...
/vote close

+1
Quote from danthebangerboy :I don't however think that IP banning is such a good idea, because if you are on a dynamic IP address like me (3g, don't ask!) then there is a chance that a genuine racer could be unable to use LFS online if they happen to be assigned an IP that has been banned until their IP changes again.

I know the likelyhood of that happening is quite remote, but it is possible.

IP banning doesn't happen anymore now that demo drivers have to register as well, does it?
Most of the bans I've had were on my server I think when I was fixing the ban system. The others were from servers when there are usually like 2 people that want to "rule" the server and ban everyone with ban vote calling. And it was really long time ago but I just thought I should make this topic now.

Anyway, most of the people don't want it to be removed so really the topic can be closed. But still a feature in the lfsworld should be added to see where you have been banned and for how long imo. Don't remove it but let us see where and for how long we have been banned(would be nice).

Yay my topic failed.
Quote from broken :But still a feature in the lfsworld should be added to see where you have been banned and for how long imo. Don't remove it but let us see where and for how long we have been banned(would be nice).

If you need something like that to keep track of your bans you are doing something wrong, IMO.
I have no idea what the required number of bans is to recieve a global 30 day ban, but if you do get it, you deserve to be permanently banned (unless of course you're victim to the random voteban syndrome thingy)
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I have no idea what the required number of bans is to recieve a global 30 day ban, but if you do get it, you deserve to be permanently banned (unless of course you're victim to the random voteban syndrome thingy)

It's 30 (within a month or something) IIRC.
1 ban a day.. yeah that's the sign you're doing something wrong right there.
Quote from duke_toaster :This is a odd question, but would it be possible to have a system that detects speedhacks automatically?

As of about last summer, a system like that is already in place
Quote from JO53PHS :As of about last summer, a system like that is already in place

Does the current system autoban those that use them?

If not I propose a banning system like most sports. First offence - three month online ban (this phase due to the fact that a small number may grow up). Second offence - two year ban. Third offence - select licence, press "delete".
I think it's something on the master server that simply stops use of speedhacks in the first place
Quote from duke_toaster :Does the current system autoban those that use them?

If not I propose a banning system like most sports. First offence - three month online ban (this phase due to the fact that a small number may grow up). Second offence - two year ban. Third offence - select licence, press "delete".

I couldnt have put it better myself.
If you get banned for the vote banned thingy that should count as a ban. Getting banned from the admin should count. And they should have it so "30 day global ban, 60 day global ban, 90 global ban, IP ban" at lest then why people are being dicks and banning people for no reason you wont have to worry about getting global banned
Quote from broken :
Also one time when I was testing something in my server(at my only time I had a global ban warning) I accidently banned myself and unbanned, after which the global warning told me there is one ban less.

So you accidentally banned yourself 29 times? The only ban I've ever been able to get was due having freedom of opinion on the LFS forum, and I'm proud of it
Quote from ajp71 :So you accidentally banned yourself 29 times? The only ban I've ever been able to get was due having freedom of opinion on the LFS forum, and I'm proud of it

I'm not really sure how this happened. I was still experimenting with S2 unlocks locks. That was my 1st time when i ran out of unlocks too but thats not for this thread.

Btw, at last - is it 30 for a month or what(I thought it's 15 tho lol)?
Basically you screwed up so you want to remove global bans?

:/

Never test code in critical environments. Replace your /ban code with /kick NAME or /echo NAME was banned!!! Leave global bans in, for the sake of the rest of us.

Last guy I knew of who tested his ban systems, banned himself 20 odd times and he emailed the Devs about the mistake and it was fixed.

BTW: you only get counted towards a global ban if your were online on the actual server when the ban is issued. That's how LFS works already.

Global ban remove
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG