The online racing simulator
drift mode
(76 posts, closed, started )
all those that say no can just turn it off and not use it.

I like having scores on each corner i can understand easily, which helps me figure out whether i should improve angle, speed, etc.
Quote from rotarydream :all those that say no can just turn it off and not use it.

I like having scores on each corner i can understand easily, which helps me figure out whether i should improve angle, speed, etc.

So in JDM and all these drift series events, when you start to slide you get numbers appearing on your windscreen telling you what score the judges gave you immediately for that corner?
Quote from Dorikat :Drift is a motor sport, deal with it, its here and its now.

Motorsport - debatable. (I don't know of any super-uber-international motorsport catalogue, so each to their own opinion...) Here and now - nope. It was, say 5 years ago. Back then (in LFS at least) it was cool to drift. Now it isn't (one look at this thread will confirm that).

Quote from Dorikat :Great suggestion, theres cruise (not raceing) so why not drift?

There is racing. It's called a racing sim
#30 - STF
Quote from Dorikat :1.funny,
2.Epicly mature.
3.bunch of kindergarten babies
4.Drift is a motor sport
5.theres cruise (not raceing) so why not drift?

1.always,
2.of course ,
4.nobody said it wasn`t,
5.If you mean the "cruise" option in the .cfg file, as an option to declare a server`s "type", i think something similar could be implemented for those who want to make their server appear as "Drift" in server list, and by doing so, minimizing the "work" needed to filter Racing servers from Drift servers.

^Cause of course there are so many racing servers out there that you can`t find a decent drift server..

Another idea would be having a variable defined in dedi's setup.cfg, like "Type=race/drift/cruise/dd" and then having the ability to sort servers by type in "Display server list" screen.
OR you can always sort them by name, like their are now.. "drift server x" etc..
the lfslapper thing that gives points for drifting isnt a good way to judge a drift, you get higher scores by taking a worse line and going on the grass

+1 for having a option to mark a server as drift, like how they have done with cruise servers
I actually agree with TS. Half of LFS is drifter, and there could easily be some improvements for drifting. You can't actually control high angle drifts because it has only 36 degrees of steering. IRL they have around 60 degrees. Also power upgrades could be done. Power upgrades are not NFS(like most grippers call it) and are done in real life too, also for grippers.
Quote from Calzone :I actually agree with TS. Half of LFS is drifter, and there could easily be some improvements for drifting. You can't actually control high angle drifts because it has only 36 degrees of steering. IRL they have around 60 degrees. Also power upgrades could be done. Power upgrades are not NFS(like most grippers call it) and are done in real life too, also for grippers.

WTF is with "gripping". You'd think that everybody was a drifter by default and anybody who decided to utilse a car the way it was meant is different. There is no gripping. It's called racing From now on I'm going to call drifters "slippers" to see does it get annoying.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :WTF is with "gripping". You'd think that everybody was a drifter by default and anybody who decided to utilse a car the way it was meant is different. There is no gripping. It's called racing From now on I'm going to call drifters "slippers" to see does it get annoying.

I like slippers. They keep my feet warm.
Command "/drift=yes" would be great, so I could filter those hosts out of my server list.
Quote from Calzone :
Also power upgrades could be done.

Power.........Upgrades........
This is a sim, not mario kart!
Quote from Dorikat :Man you guys are really funny, not to mention Epicly mature.

Great suggestion, theres cruise (not raceing) so why not drift?

How about doing that drift stuff like they're done in real life? Get people to judge the events. That way you can set the rules yourself, decide clipping points and entry styles and whatever to raise the challenge a bit.

Managing a race is easy, just record the order of vehicles crossing the finish line and maybe time each lap etc.. Making proper support for drifting in LFS could prove impossible, and still it wouldn't be as flexible as in real life.

Cruising is in LFS because it's so easy to implement, just remove wrong way penalties and flag the servers = done. Let the community to write InSim stuff. Sure, a flag for drift servers could be done as well. Would that change anything (other than racers being able to search for proper servers only)?

At least that would be closer to the truth.
Quote from ussbeethoven :Command "/drift=yes" would be great, so I could filter those hosts out of my server list.

"/closethisuselessthread=yes"
no
#43 - Myw
Quote from Calzone :I actually agree with TS. Half of LFS is drifter, and there could easily be some improvements for drifting. You can't actually control high angle drifts because it has only 36 degrees of steering. IRL they have around 60 degrees. Also power upgrades could be done. Power upgrades are not NFS(like most grippers call it) and are done in real life too, also for grippers.

Half of LFS is drifter - How can you know how much half of LFS is? If you are only demo. Demo racers dont have half of LFS online play so It's impossible to know.

You can't actually control high angle drifts because it has only 36 degrees of steering - You've got to be ****ing kidding me. It's 720 degrees max... :|

Also power upgrades
- NO.

grippers - NO.

This just isn't a good idea; drifting is fun but it shouldn't be taken so seriously. It's, for me, just a thing to do in my spare time.
Quote from Myw :

You can't actually control high angle drifts because it has only 36 degrees of steering - You've got to be ****ing kidding me. It's 720 degrees max... :|

he means how much the wheels turn not how much the steering wheel turns
He means that there is no such thing as a "gripper", it is merely a mental construct of retarded d0r!ft0 kids who struggle with the concept of a car going in the direction it points.
Kinda reminds me how skiers used to complain how snowboarders were reason for the destruction of mankind because they didn't go forwards.
Quote from JasonJ :Kinda reminds me how skiers used to complain how snowboarders were reason for the destruction of mankind because they didn't go forwards.

No, snowboarders cause the destruction of mankind because they have this suicidal tendency to sit (in huge flocks) right behind a ledge so you cannot possibly see them until you're about to skewer their kidneys with your skis.

But then, if you hear them talk, they do remind of drifters (and skaters), meaning they use a very gibberishy slang that sounds really retarded. Must be a side effect of a sport which goal it is to look pwetty fo da judges...

On a sidenote: what does an Australian know about skiing? I don't tell you about surviving in the outback or surfing, do I? :P
On another sidenote: The sister of my gf got a package from the US of A today adressed to "Australia". Stoopid 'mericans...
Quote from ColeusRattus :
But then, if you hear them talk, they do remind of drifters (and skaters), meaning they use a very gibberishy slang that sounds really retarded. Must be a side effect of a sport which goal it is to look pwetty fo da judges...

Stop acting moronic please... What do the skaters have to do with that?
Come on, I don't know what the skaters in Austria sound like, but from what I recall when I was skateboarding the "gibberishy slang" is just a technical set of expressions referring to special tricks.

I am pretty sure that if you came to a group of skaters or hotly fashioned girl and exposed them what you knew about the thermodynamics of a cylinder head in respect to the materials used in the valves, the valve springs and the camshafts, they wouldn't give a damn and look down upon you just as you look down upon the skaters.

So please stay focused on topic please. Drifters, snowboarders and skateboarders have nothing to do together. This is a motorsport forum, so let's talk about motorsports

Back on topic, the "gripper" expression is totally bullshit.
Yeah, "gripper" is the most silly name for anything ever!

Damn, Senna really was a great gripper! Lmao sounds so wrong.
Drifters are strange, specially the audience. Was randomly going thorugh the channels on the telly yesterday, and came across a drift broadcast. Jesus holy sheezballs those commentarys was screaming. A drift I would say nice to was beeing said (something like this )

"WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TAJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiFT AAAAAAAAAAAJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Absoltely mind****.
This thread is closed

drift mode
(76 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG