The online racing simulator
Hate to keep bringing this up, but the new superadmincontrolapplication (thanks to the Czechs) is also quite handy for gridordering. Anally unuserfriendly, but it works a little differently than the Grid Orderer App
-
(Kid222) DELETED by Kid222
I was wondering, why for race 1 you didn't use the qualifying order to set the grid. Am I missing something?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I was wondering, why for race 1 you didn't use the qualifying order to set the grid. Am I missing something?

The race 2 grid was the one that really had me scratching my head.
Quote from snoring_snoopy :BTW, J@tko: Where is the cheque for iCON?

Looking back over the race, I had a strange thought. During the course of the evening I must have overtaken nearly everyone in the field [with the possible exception of those that beat me in Race 2 :P] at least once, however, I only actually overtook 1 [well, two if you count the start of Race 3] person with an on-track manoeuvre. (Congrats Mr Wilkinson! )

Just by staying out of trouble and keeping 4 wheels on the black stuff I gained 25 positions in the 34 laps of Races 2+3, as everyone else crashed around me. So even though I might suck at driving, I can still do well by staying on track

And also being hellishly lucky. Look in Race 1 at the incident that caused the SC. How I managed to get through the 10 cars that spun just infront of me I'll never know

And btw, apparently it was a lunar eclipse last night, so there's the excuse for my non-failness. Next week I'll be back to normal

See you all at Blackwood

Jack
Quote from BigTime :The race 2 grid was the one that really had me scratching my head.

Race 1 grid was abandoned and we waited for a good 10 minutes while it was sorted out. I don't actually know if it was incorrect or not; but John and Joe definitely thought it was.
Couldnt you just have restarted from quali? The grid should've been fine without any apps? Same for race 2 if it's the finishing order... Or am I missing something here?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I was wondering, why for race 1 you didn't use the qualifying order to set the grid. Am I missing something?

The qualifying order was what I transfered over to the Grid Ordering App Joe wanted to try. Once that order was set, that request was successfully sent to LFS. As it turns out, as far as I'm aware there were there were a few errors in this order. This was spotted and the race shortly afterwards stopped under the direction of Joe.

Quote from BigTime :The race 2 grid was the one that really had me scratching my head.

Race 2 grid was incorrect BigTime? - This was checked by three of us, so please, enlighten. I did this one in a more, old-fashioned way, manually, using my brain power.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :Race 1 grid was abandoned and we waited for a good 10 minutes while it was sorted out. I don't actually know if it was incorrect or not; but John and Joe definitely thought it was.

It was incorrect, the Pole position guy was placed to last. This was spotted, the race ended, then the task of resorting the grid was undertaken. - These situations are stressful, and while everyone wishes to help out and do thier best, when drivers take over and place themselves on the grid, things can easily get confusing.

I got confused. The "10 minute delay" was extended through my confusion. But the grid was set and the racing eventually got underway.

Quote from Gil07 :Couldnt you just have restarted from quali? The grid should've been fine without any apps? Same for race 2 if it's the finishing order... Or am I missing something here?

To my knowledge you are correct, and this is initially what I thought would happen. However, we had no knowledge that there should be a problem.

Personally I prefer a manual grid set in the lobby, I have more control over the order. (or at least in my head thats how it works). But this manual method requires co-operation, without this, confusion creeps in.

Im sure your racing wasnt ruined by my failures. Once the racing was running, I was told everything was going fine. There was some really exciting racing happening, when you wernt all trying stupid moves.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Race 2 grid was incorrect BigTime? - This was checked by three of us, so please, enlighten. I did this one in a more, old-fashioned way, manually, using my brain power.

I think what he means was that the starting order for race 2 was the finishing order for race 1, so there was no need to end and manually re-order.

I appreciate you stepping in to help out, but in the future I think the admins of the series need to better fill you in on how certain procedures work (i.e., SCs for flipped cars, etc). Your reordering of the grid was agonizingly slow--maybe just calling out the car numbers would be quicker next time? I mean for this to be constructive criticism and not an attack, so I hope you read it that way.
For races ordered on previous race results, you need to order the grid in order to put in all the cars that didn't finish the race in the correct order. Although, you don't need to wipe the grid to do so.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I think what he means was that the starting order for race 2 was the finishing order for race 1, so there was no need to end and manually re-order.

I appreciate you stepping in to help out, but in the future I think the admins of the series need to better fill you in on how certain procedures work (i.e., SCs for flipped cars, etc). Your reordering of the grid was agonizingly slow--maybe just calling out the car numbers would be quicker next time? I mean for this to be constructive criticism and not an attack, so I hope you read it that way.

The admins of the series filled me in fine dwb. Race Control was talking during the races, I had guidance for every decision made during the races. Apart from the first Safety Car, no other driver stayed on the track long enough for a safety car to be scrambled. Guidance told me that Safety Car's were for cars on thier roof/side/beached etc.

If drivers are supposted to wait and/or signal, none was forthcoming. Not following the first Safety Car. If drivers dont wait, there is no reason to scramble the safety car, and disrupt the racing further.

As for the speed in which I reorganised the grid.. Firstly sourcing the replay/list of qualifying times took half the time. Then drivers thought the'd help by adding themselves where they remembered, which confused me more. In the end I was left with was a list of licence names rather than numbers followed by names, and it was a case of flicking between LFS and other software to make sure people were in the correct order.

31 licence names to usernames later, we got it sorted out. Then of course I had to check it again to make sure there wasnt another cockup.

Dont take this as an excuse, I made a mistake, I know I did, but I found out the problem, took action to correct it, and you had your racing. After reading some of the comments, I thought I'd post to try and shed some light on what happened, and what was being done to sort it out.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :For races ordered on previous race results, you need to order the grid in order to put in all the cars that didn't finish the race in the correct order. Although, you don't need to wipe the grid to do so.

Agreed, thats a preference.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :-maybe just calling out the car numbers would be quicker next time?

Hopefully, you guys shouldnt have to put up with me again
Quote from mkinnov8 :As for the speed in which I reorganised the grid.. Firstly sourcing the replay/list of qualifying times took half the time. Then drivers thought the'd help by adding themselves where they remembered, which confused me more. In the end I was left with was a list of licence names rather than numbers followed by names, and it was a case of flicking between LFS and other software to make sure people were in the correct order.

31 licence names to usernames later, we got it sorted out. Then of course I had to check it again to make sure there wasnt another cockup.

I find that simply taking a screenshot at the end of quali speeds up this process considerably.
OK to draw a line under this:

Every decision made last night was made by me. Maybe suggested to me, but I had the final say so the buck stops with me. Any mistakes that were made were made on my behalf, so please direct any criticisms at me via PM please. I am very keen that we run the best series in LFS, so I value good criticism and would welcome advice on running things smoother. But please understand that mkinnov8 stepped in at the last minute to do a hard job, and for that he should rightly deserve praise.

Again criticism and advice to me via PM please.

Cheers

Joe
As for SCs and flipped cars...

Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Yellow Flag Conditions

The yellow flag will be shown if there is an incident on-track from which the affected driver/drivers cannot self-recover back to the track or pits, for example a car rolled onto it's roof.

Drivers should NOT telepit or telespectate, instead they should signal the Race Director who will then show the Yellow Flag, and deploy the Safety Car.

The driver(s) affected by the incident will then be told by the Race Director to telepit/telespectate. The affected driver(s) will play no further part in that race.

Most of the fault for the SCs not being called lies on the shoulders of the drivers who disregarded this rule and spectated without being instructed to do so. This was beyond anyone else's control. However, I do feel that the rules imply that the fact of a car having flipped and been left in an unrecoverable position demands a SC be brought out, whether that car spectates or not ("yellow flag will be brought out..."). This is a policy the admins need to set straight, and not something that is really on your shoulders, Stoney. I just felt it needed to be pointed out.
If you were being really cynical you could envisage a situation where a driver rolls but because his team mate is out at the front with a healthy margin, he spectates straightaway rather than having a SC. Which is where a firm line needs to be taken IMV, and with all of the rules, including SC restarts and other things.

But overall it was good racing, however I thought everyone was far too aggressive, especially at the chicane and first turn, where the lines through those corners got pretty strange at times, and people just kept pushing it and crashing. You have 2 pedals and as a driver you are in control so you can't really blame the track too much for the carnage!
Quote from boothy :If you were being really cynical you could envisage a situation where a driver rolls but because his team mate is out at the front with a healthy margin, he spectates straightaway rather than having a SC.

It certainly didn't go unnoticed by us on the CoRe vent channel that Rijke's unauthorized spectating helped Rudy a bit. Not that we felt it was intentional, but it did give him something of an advantage.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It certainly didn't go unnoticed by us on the CoRe vent channel that Rijke's unauthorized spectating helped Rudy a bit. Not that we felt it was intentional, but it did give him something of an advantage.

uhm, i wasnt even with rikje on TS or vent, so we had not contact during the race, that he spectated to early aint something i asked for and i dont understand where i got advantage from and you guys point now to rikje but there were few more doing this aswell
Regardless of who did or didn't spectate after rolling, that's something admins need to keep a little closer eye on. IMO, if a car rolls and spectates there should still be an SC irregardless, and those drivers should be penalized in the future.
Quote from BigTime :Regardless of who did or didn't spectate after rolling, that's something admins need to keep a little closer eye on. IMO, if a car rolls and spectates there should still be an SC irregardless, or those drivers should be penalized in the future.

Yeah actually I held off sending a SC once in the race session. This was not in accordance with the procedure I wrote. It should have been called but it was my call not to send it out. I realized immediately I was in the wrong, but it was already too late - if I'd sent it out a long time after the car had spectated I would have had a lot of puzzled drivers wondering why.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I made some mistakes in this round. I don't think it spoiled the racing on track (I hope), but mistakes were made, and I need to recognize them and move forward. I won't make them again.

I'm going through the replays and my own list of observations from Sunday at the moment. In particular we're looking at failure to observe league procedures regarding spectating and pitting, as well as racing incidents.
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Yeah actually I held off sending a SC once in the race session. This was not in accordance with the procedure I wrote. It should have been called but it was my call not to send it out. I realized immediately I was in the wrong, but it was already too late - if I'd sent it out a long time after the car had spectated I would have had a lot of puzzled drivers wondering why.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I made some mistakes in this round. I don't think it spoiled the racing on track (I hope), but mistakes were made, and I need to recognize them and move forward. I won't make them again.

I'm going through the replays and my own list of observations from Sunday at the moment. In particular we're looking at failure to observe league procedures regarding spectating and pitting, as well as racing incidents.

OK, now its me to draw a line under this:

Joe and myself are going through the report list and the replays at the moment. We try to make fair decisions and (if needed) penaltys to all involved drivers. If there are suggestions for SC car please PM me or Joe. (except the idea to let the SC Car die, we are willing to let it in this league, to make i more like real life racing..)

As Joe said, we try to make a good league with the iTCC and we learn from our mistakes (and don´t forget this was the 3rd race we ever organized).
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Yeah actually I held off sending a SC once in the race session. This was not in accordance with the procedure I wrote. It should have been called but it was my call not to send it out. I realized immediately I was in the wrong, but it was already too late - if I'd sent it out a long time after the car had spectated I would have had a lot of puzzled drivers wondering why.

mistake its only human...leage is great, is to much little things u must think about it...so u guys doing great with organization hole leage. My team also organize regional leage and I know what u need to do, to make all looking good and almost always we have some protest....
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :

Not at all... It was a great event still.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG