The online racing simulator
iTCC - Round 2 - Post-Race Discussion
First of all: Sorry J. Lovett for sending you out in Race 1. I thought there was enough room but I misjudged the distance.

Race 1 was somewhat mixed. On one hand there were people who were really careful when overtaking and others weren't so careful. First I got nudged in the back and lost ~2 - 3 positions and then I just got bumped off the track for no good reason (you know who you are!). I then bumped off Lovett and decided to give him at least one position back and waited in the last lap so that he could overtake me.

In Race 2 I first got stuck up again in a car pileup from which I was the last one to recover. Then I hit another pile up in the last chicane where - for some reason - one of the drivers decided to go back from the grass onto the racing line (again - you know who you are!). But it was also my fault for not braking earlier.

In Race 3 I got stuck in a car pileup (sounds familiar eh? Where's the unluckiest driver trophy?!) which was caused by a car lagging. Afterwards I was just cruising along, beating my own lap record and even getting the fastest lap.

Shootout 3 here I come....
Quote from Hypothraxer :

On one hand there were people who were really careful when overtaking and others weren't so careful.

agree
Yes Gaulish, you took me out, well done....
#4 - J@tko
Reserve Shootout:

Hey it was amazing - got a good lap in and my spb would have got me 2nd in my session, just behind 1st.

And as usual my dinner messes everything up :doh:

Missed Quali and nearly Race 1 due to my LFS giving me its epic "Could not get track info" FAIL.

Race 1:
Got into Race 1 through the grace of the admins [cheers guys!!], and started 31st. Lucky me

Hadn't actually done a long stint on my set so no idea how the tyres would be. Got a mk start but got caught up in a T2 schmozzle a bit. And sorry to whichever SR guy I hit. Had an EPIC slide out of T1. Got to ~25th under SC, then overtook CSF before the SF line on the restart - sorry

Just then kept out of trouble as everyone else crashed and came 12th - thats up 19 positions

Race 2:
Got a good start and was in a good position again, managed to stay out of trouble and blocked like mad even though my tyres were melting, everyone else kept crashing and amazingly I came 6th

Race 3:

Started 2nd, and was talking to pacesetter just before the race on msn, saying how I'd be winning after T1 cos my set was so good off the line. And yes, indeed i did!! Was winning for 9/10 of a lap, then of course the obligatory fail. Came out of the final corner, floored it and just understeer hell. Only lost 1 position cos of that, but then mayhem broke loose and I was down to 5th - sorry for smashing you Dennis, Enerson and everyone else who passed me
But I got Fastest Lap then y0
Didn't go too badly for a while, kept 5th IIRC, but being caught by Mr Nolan. Sorry for calling you a "selfish bastard" when you overtook me and left the door open for Rudy

Then I just got overtaken by everyone and came 12th ish. Bit disapointed, but not too bad cos my tyres were soooo bad at the end of the race - both fronts more than 130 degrees

Thanks to the admins and everyone else who I had a nice race against, see you at Blackwood - which I did a 2h enduro just before Xmas so some good preparation already, and my 1kg ballast
The shootout went very well for me. Came 2nd in our server with a new pb of 1.19.51 with very little practise. Race Qualification went alot worse due to having 30kg ballast and there being 30 cars on track! Came 24th I think.
Race 1 started and I got rammed off on t1, race over...

Race 2 went alot better with me & Chris in about 16th & 17th position and no ramming, managed to finish 16th.

Race 3 started not too badly, lost a few positions at beginning but then battled for about 6 laps to catch the pack ahead, which could have got me a top 10 finish. Unfortunately the idiot behind me decided to take me out just as I caught the pack whilst I was slowing to avoid crashing into them all

Conclusion : Enjoyed the racing although the driving was absolutely terrible at times from some racers. I got hit 3 times in 1 lap in 1 race....
Quote from jasonmatthews :Yes Gaulish, you took me out, well done....

???..when? ..i only know i kick g.Ford from behind 3 race i think 5 lap...but just a little...

and i was pushed 10 times....
I am happy with my result, cause i was the last one who made it from shotout with miserable time.
Qualified 28th.

R1 was best of all, i made up 13 spots even after i (or rather some other GVR guy, who reversed into racing line) caused SC.

In R2 i made up another spot and before R3 i decided to change pressure in rear tyres, but accidentaly switched from R3 to R2. I noticed that after 5 laps, so i started lapping slower, holding everyone behind. All went qiute good, until i spun just before first split four laps before finish. Rear tyres all red, so i drifted home in 18th.

Btw. i could raise numbers of reports, some drivers (mr. Gjerde mostly) wanted to touch my ass so badly.. i had to let them through. I know on FE is tough to make a pass, but...

Anyway, it was good evening, looking forward to next one.
#8 - CSF
Quote from Gaulish :???..when? ..i only know i kick g.Ford from behind 3 race i think 5 lap...but just a little...

and i was pushed 10 times....

Were you the one that tried to get through into T5 using all the curb and more?
Very sorry to the people I managed to take out in last corner in race 2. Ive just watched it back and I don't have a clue how I didnt see anybody. Decided to give up after 3 or 4 laps in Race 3 after getting batted off ALOT.

So once again very sorry

Chris
Quote from Kid222 :

Btw. i could raise numbers of reports, some drivers (mr. Gjerde mostly) wanted to touch my ass so badly.. i had to let them through. I know on FE is tough to make a pass, but...

=> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53873

Just do it if you think it's justified. In the end cleaner racing is what we all want (especially in the back).
#11 - CSF
Quote from J@tko :Got to ~25th under SC, then overtook CSF before the SF line on the restart - sorry

:chairs: Awful person you are!!
Watching R3 start atm:

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Shit deko mate, you're going mad!

And thanks camera man for not seeing my fail
i forget to save any replay..so can wait to see..)..but when I look all race was great...again very nice fights..

P.S. like some guys I didnt need to go to piss..becose i was wet like i drive in F1 ))
Can anyone upload the replay of Race 1? It seems like it didn't save it for me.
Quote from Hypothraxer :Can anyone upload the replay of Race 1? It seems like it didn't save it for me.

I'll upload the replays very shortly They'll be in their own thread as per Round 1.

Cheers

Joe
Me and deko on msn:

Jack: yet to see a 10 second section when one of you isnt yelling and not seen a shot where there isnt 20,000 cars right next to each other

You really should consider approaching some people like the BBC/BSkyB about putting this out on the telly. It's got more action in one race than F1 has had in its history, it's got what must be some of the worlds best commentators and the most exciting racing possibly ever seen

And thanks for the compliments pre-Race 3 messers Boothy and Passo

"What do you call an Englishman, an American and a Scot in a commentary Box?
TOTAL MAYHEM"
I agree on that one - the commentators were great!

P.S.: Especially Michael Passingham's final thought: "In this race the 19th place finisher, Novak, got the fastest lap. Amazing stuff. That sums up the strangest weekend in racing I've ever seen."
Quote from Hypothraxer :=> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53873

Just do it if you think it's justified. In the end cleaner racing is what we all want (especially in the back).

I think i'll take my time tomorrow and i'll do it. And i feel sorry for person, who will have to get through all of it. j/k

Quote from Hypothraxer :
P.S.: Especially Michael Passingham's final thought: "In this race the 19th place finisher, Novak, got the fastest lap. Amazing stuff. That sums up the strangest weekend in racing I've ever seen."

Hehe, gotta watch this.
Why Wilko868 (31 C.Wilkinson) run in second shootout ?
OK,he had a better time but..... wrong group.
sorry for bad english
Attached images
8.2.png
Quote from Jadran :Why Wilko868 (31 C.Wilkinson) run in second shootout ?
OK,he had a better time but..... wrong group.
sorry for bad english

Actually, I told him to be there

It was so there would be even numbers in both shootouts. As it happens, there were a few no-shows......so that may not have turned out to be the case.

FYI.

Cheers!

And hope you all had an enjoyable evening

joe
I had a great time out there today. Pole in the main qual and a win in race 1 was clearly over my expectations. Race 2 was really enjoyable aswell until my screen went black for about 10 seconds in t1 in lap 15ish. Finished fourth though so could have been much worse. Race three was also nice, although i just could not catch Laudens due to cooking tyres. Nolan also caught up on me due to my tyres being really hot. Happy for third though!

Broadcast was very enjoyable to watch aswell

Cya next round
black screen?..for me usual NOD pump up ))..
Hi there!

First i want to apologize for the delay and the messy grid at race 1, cause the grid software failed again. Sorry for that

"BIG THANK YOU" to:
dbpstoney for helping us out and taking the role of the race director, it was very funny and good working with him. Also he was able to minimize the mayhem after the grid software fail....

Deko, boothy and MP3 Astra for a great commentary box, i just watched the broadcast and it was more than great

Joe for making this broadcasting possible and doing the league organizing stuff.

And last but not least to all drivers, who took part of this event. I know it was a hard and sometimes nearly reckless driving style from some of you, but all in all it was a great event.

Now take the flight to Blackwood, we will see you there

BTW, J@tko: Where is the cheque for iCON ?
I've noticed, in my experience, that grid ordering apps tend to fail when the reorder is transmitted to LFS when not everyone is on-track at the time...people even being in garage can seem to mess with it, I've seen.
Quote from dekojester :I've noticed, in my experience, that grid ordering apps tend to fail when the reorder is transmitted to LFS when not everyone is on-track at the time...people even being in garage can seem to mess with it, I've seen.

There is that to consider, as well as the possibility that we made a mistake when re-ordering - we were trying to order people by LFS Username when what we saw on LFS was the Driver name.

Just my input anyway. The ordering app works as intended but we need to tighten our procedures, I'll make sure that we're ready for the next round.

Cheers

Joe

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG