The online racing simulator
A Persuasive Essay.
(39 posts, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Muscle memory?!

Stuff that you do automatically without putting any thought in it, like using steeringwheel, pedals and shifter while actually concentrating on stuff that's happening ahead of you on road. Another example would be typing using a keyboard without taking your eyes off the screen.
Quote from Intrepid :Well apparently rotational awareness is a very important skill in high level driving

When you say rotational awareness... do you mean awareness of rotation of the car (i.e. oversteer), or something more technical?

If you mean what I think you mean, this is why I fail at LFS, but why I'm not too bad at Karting. When you can actually feel the thing starting to slide, you can correct it before it even starts to slide, because you can feel exactly how much it is sliding/is going to slide.

However, in LFS, the limited feel you get of the car means that I usually start correcting when it's too late... or I correct by too much, and then crash.
Quote from Crommi :Stuff that you do automatically without putting any thought in it, like using steeringwheel, pedals and shifter while actually concentrating on stuff that's happening ahead of you on road. Another example would be typing using a keyboard without taking your eyes off the screen.

Oh, I got confused. That's not "muscle memory", it's just familiarity. Muscle memory is when you hold your arms out and try to hold them out, while your friend is trying to pull them down. When he lets go, your arms will raise on thier own.
^lol, fun! i would say lfs helped me when it comes to general maneuvering a car w/o messing up, i dont remember what game helped me not floor it on the real ice... again, it depends who you look at...
Quote from chavm481 :i have to write an essay, 1 page long, and fully structured. My chosen topic was to write about how a driver learning the car in a simulator (GT5P, and LFS) could dramatically impact the driving behavior of the driver. i want to say that driving a sim till improve your driving.
i remember a quote from Kazunori saying "it's the closest to the real thing you will ever get." and so, i need good point and possible objections to this topic, and any clarification, just ask.

they already have Actual simulators ( though lfs is Getting their, stil several country miles to pass )

try researching them, as i drove one with a vw polo in it and well... got 180kph out of the car ( the limiter ) and didnt crash, gave up after 20 minutes....

*yawn*

to be honest, theirs plenty more things to write about, like the inside of a golfball, i got 2 pages ( back and front ) and passed with flying colors...

Ahh...

either he ( the examiner ) saw the funny side or has no life.
i might come up with a stupidly hilarious topic next time we get an assignment.
I see everyone's just assumed that he is talking about normal road driving?

Perhaps you could write an essay about how a racing simulator can improve your technique as a race car driver, maybe that would be the way to go.

Or a flight simulator helps with the training of pilots.

Or a FPS helps you become a terrorist or mass murderer

Or the Sims 2 helps you become a plonker at life.

Or GTA helps you become a Glaswegian.

Edit: Thankfully I only play Sims 2
lol your very good at this... </sarcasm> <lol>
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh, I got confused. That's not "muscle memory", it's just familiarity. Muscle memory is when you hold your arms out and try to hold them out, while your friend is trying to pull them down. When he lets go, your arms will raise on their own.

Not so, muscle memory is memorising motor skills. You train your brain to remember muscle position so you can repeat that task without concentrating. In fact, that lord of information Wiki says just that.

Quote :Muscle memory is a common term for neuromuscular facilitation, which is the process of the neuromuscular system memorizing motor skills.

That bloke on GMTV lied. Never again shall I be tricked! :d
Quote from AlienT. :Or GTA helps you become a Glaswegian.

I lol'd.

But yeah, it can be said that simulators don't help because they don't realistically recreate g-forces and cabin shaking and stuff, but it can help you understand the logic and physics behind stuff.
SOOO, i talked to my teacher, and they really liked he idea...

A Persuasive Essay.
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG