6. Divina Galica
7. Claudio Langes
8. Giovanni Lavaggi
9. Taki Inoue
10. Paul Belmondo
The Black Stig.
Scott Speed was pretty bad...
#6 - 5haz
I still think the biggest fail was Yuji Ide since he even had a problem communicating to his UK based team because he never learned english...
#9 - 5haz
#11 - SamH
For me, it has to be Scott Speed. It's not just about the complete absence of any motor racing skills, it's that he was such a complete and utter tosser as well. He wasn't just pants in a F1 car, he's a classic wrecker on the track. Odious Max.
1. Takuma Sato
10. David Coulthard

Quote from Jertje :Pizzonia was pretty bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc8uZGDAdQE

How the hell... he must have been going what seemed like at least 30mph too fast into that corner if not more. I think it's Steve Sutcliffe beside him, he knew straight away they were "going over"... bet he wasn't that impressed.

EDIT: Flyethemoon, was that chicane on the actual track or on an escape road?
Where is ukyo katayama and scott speed on the list?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :1. Takuma Sato
10. David Coulthard

Coulthard ain't that bad. He had has good moments, even though he did spend most of the time in the wall

GO ON COULTHARD
#17 - JJ72
All you guys are wrong.

I forget what is the name, but in early 90's there's a paid driver who did like 3 races, he is so bad that he is lapped every 6 laps and almost finish ten laps down in the only race he completed.
#18 - 5haz
Quote from JJ72 :All you guys are wrong.

I forget what is the name, but in early 90's there's a paid driver who did like 3 races, he is so bad that he is lapped every 6 laps and almost finish ten laps down in the only race he completed.

Jean Denis Deletraz?

Quote from FlyeThemoon :i am not sure Bertrand Gachot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... xt=2&playnext_from=PL

I think Bertrand is also probrably the only F1 driver to do time behind bars, I think he assaulted a taxi driver with Pepper Spray, which left his place at Jordan open for a certain young lad called Mikey Schumacher.

Or so I heard.

EDIT: Yeah, wikipedia says he did 2 months after attacking a London Taxi driver with CS gas after a bit of 'road rage' which put an end to his 1991 season with Jordan!

Quote from Minimaxman :EDIT: Flyethemoon, was that chicane on the actual track or on an escape road?

That was a temporary tyre chicane they threw in after what happened at Imola, was a bit contraversial and thats what John Watson's going on about in the video, how dodgy it was.

I think they threw in tyre chicanes on the final straight at Montreal and they also completely butchered Eau Rouge at Spa that year into a slow chicane, luckily it didnt stay that way.
Cristian Albers
#20 - JJ72
Quote from 5haz :Jean Denis Deletraz?

Oh yes that's him.

He had an amazing achievement that is to be 9 sec off the pace in even his best qualifying effort.......even Yuji Ide can't beat that.
It's difficult to day, there have been some drivers who have had careers based on DNPQ, and with different eras issues change. Some pay drivers in the 50s weren't that good, and the talent pool that drivers are compared to fluctuates.

Bertrand Gachot was truely multinational. French father, Belgian mother, European flag on helmet ... British criminal record

In recent years Yuji Ide was comically bad, but he shouldn't have been given the drive at all. IIRC he isn't doing that badly in Formula Nippon now.
Why has nobody mentioned Ralf Schumacher? Highest paid and most average F1 driver on the grid, he only got into F1 because of his brother.
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Liuzzi was bad too........ Don't forget Ralph Firman Jr. in the Jordan
Quote from Töki (HUN) :1. Takuma Sato
10. David Coulthard

Coulthard won 13 races, hardly qualifies him for worst ever.

Worst F1 Drivers?
(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG