The online racing simulator
F-key Abuse?
(74 posts, started )
<3

o
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Nah, most of them already knows me.

Ah I see, didn't know I was talking to a famous LFS'er:ices_rofl

My point was that if you go into a race needing short-cut abuse then you'll have more problems/cause more problems.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :So what? I do whatever I want. You have the block-key for a reason.

Quote from Takumi_lfs :You are totally wrong. Ask other people how nice I actually am, I dont even have binded text. I just use the default ones. But I dont see the problem having a binded key (with swear).

Also, I dont even see the point of the thread. Like its gonna change after created.

Some people here at this forum, only "know" you from what you post, it would be easy to get an impression from your 1st post inthis thread that contradicts your later posts.
The same thing happens when people join a server and see playerX swearing or abusing others, its a public forum and a public game (sim) and we all agreed to the forum agreement, not to use foul language etc.

The whole point of the thread was that theres far too much foul langauge on the servers, anyone can buy this game even very young children, I don't see the need for children to be subjected to any of the myriad of profanaties I've seen people post in the chat.

Some servers run (or use to) anti swear chat filter that will kick or ban if people swear, unfortunatly thats just lead to people circumventing the system exactly as they do here by using numbers etc just like in post 19 in this thread.

Maybe I'm getting too old

SD.
Quote from G!NhO :you dont get it do you, they say HI and BYE in the same bind.

I cant tell if they just came in or are going to leave...
There is nothing wrong with a Hi or bye bind but please not in the same bind.

OMG you gotta be joking ?. You see people enter the server and they flash the Hi/Bye message and you dont get it ?.
When someone says "I`m off" and they flash the Hi/Bye message after you dont get it ?.
Really you got to do beter then that.

@ Sparky +1
yeye, it is confusing sometimes....
Quote from SparkyDave :I found the NDR server this week to be rather annoying with about 50 "Fail" messages per lap

Quote from zeugnimod :I don't think Joe and Jack will ever stop that.

Lol. Sorry - I only use my fail bind when a serious fail has occurred. But, erm, its the NDR server, so fails occur fairly often

We do try and keep our /msg spam to a minimum, however we do need to have a certain amount [e.g about where to report, restrictions] because it is SOOOOOOOOOOO ANNNNOOOOYYYYIIINNNGG to be asked the same question over and over again.

We're going to put some more stuff on the welcome.txt so I can actually shoot people who ask why their FXO gets specced :doh:
I have the standard f-keys, and i only sometimes use f2 (:-)), but not anything other...
Actually, thinking about it, I have just about all my F-keys binded to something, but none of them are "sorry"

And yes, the person who has a bind for "idiot" I think at least has a warning from the NDR servers for, erm, being an idiot

I don't know you so this is my 1st impression of you, and you're coming off as a bit of a jerk.

Maybe I am too for pointing that out?
Quote from garph :My point was that if you go into a race needing short-cut abuse then you'll have more problems/cause more problems.

Very true. If you have a bind like that, most likely you're not expecting to use the "sorry" bind anyway because when you can say "idiot" superfast, it can never really be your fault. Simple logic.

Quote from McDee :I don't know you so this is my 1st impression of you, and you're coming off as a bit of a jerk.

I'm thinking the same thing. It's not like the topic is ambiguous, OP already knows how to block messages, he's clearly pointing out the behavioral flaw in people that have derogatory binds. If you really need to call people stuff that many times and that fast, might you be doing something wrong yourself? If you get properly wrecked, to warrant saying "idiot", maybe you have a few seconds anyway, to find the track again.
Sometimes people do it not to offend the wrecker or whoever, but to make other people in the server laugh
I know that that's what I used to use my binds for; jst 4 lulz kthx.
that's what the "the cheese is old and moldy, where is the toilet"(in finnish) bind was for. God I miss that bind, I can't speak finnish at all, but plopping that bind once down the straight on bl1 on netikka 3, got results. Demo days several years ago, before S1 was out *dreamy look*
Hmm, I don't really care whether you use a bind to swear or you just type it. Swear and you get the ban - no matter how you did it.

Then again, if you have a bind and abuse, you may get a longer ban - for being extra annoying

I always find it amazing how retards need to humiliate themselves publically by spamming abuse. The internet is supposed to be anonymous, everybody could pretend to be cool, rich and famous - yet it only takes about 30 secs with figure out who the tard is ... brilliant

aceracer
50% on topic: Don't you also hate it when they're spamming you with messages written in black or dark blue so you can't even see what it says against dark backround (roof line)? Especially "blue flag" binds like this are really, REALLY annoying...
Personally I don't understand the blue flag messages. Why is someone who is ignoring a massive "Blue Flag" message, which is displayed just above your line of sight for the track, going to pay attention to someones small blue flag text in the top right of the screen?
Most people that Spam "BLUE FLAG NOOD" are morons. (Hmmm maybe I should have a bind) They expect people to drive off the track so they don't have to lift their foot off the gas, or change their line the least little bit to compensate for the person being lapped.

If someone Spams me with Blue Flag I friggin block like a MOFO
Most of the races we do on pickup racing are sprint races. If on a 5 lap race I get the blue flag either my race is over in any case cos I've had a massive accident or I joined late - or I'm 20 secs a lap slower than everyone else.

In all of these cases I do move out of the way so that the car lapping me does not have to lift of for even a 10th of a second or alter its line even one inch - what could I possibly have to gain by no doing so?

I find it terribly narrow minded if people ask others to find a way arond them in a 5 lap sprint. It's different if we're talking about proper race distances - but in proper race distances it usually doesn't come down to a tenth or 2, in sprint races it does.

I do have a blue flag bind. I usually never use it. But if it gets really annoying I do, simply because when you message it makes a sound which may catch the newbie's attention. Blue Flag messages don't have to be spam, they can be nice. Mine has the word "please" in it

Also after I can say: You ignored the huge message on your screen, you ignored me asking politely. You have no manners - you're banned.

lol

aceracer
Quote from aceracer :I do have a blue flag bind. I usually never use it. But if it gets really annoying I do, simply because when you message it makes a sound which may catch the newbie's attention. Blue Flag messages don't have to be spam, they can be nice. Mine has the word "please" in it

On busy servers this sound is heard approximately 10 times per second, though.
I always look - makes up for half my crashes - lol

aceracer
I turned that sound off long ago Led to too many crashes!! It makes my A.D.D. kick in
Quote from Toddshooter :I turned that sound off long ago Led to too many crashes!! It makes my A.D.D. kick in

how can i turn it off?

F-key Abuse?
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG