The online racing simulator
F-key Abuse?
(74 posts, started )
#1 - garph
F-key Abuse?
Was racing last night and someone clearly had idiot as an f-key short cut, I have seen swearing f-keyed as well at times. I can understand the normal, hello, bye, sorry, no problem but why have abuse as a short cut?

All that says is that you are setting out to have a go at someone, not willing to accept accidents or mistakes and going to cause trouble.

Why is there a need to do that, why do you need to swear so bad it has have a short cut key, just don't get it
Why?, because people are arses
Quote from garph :Was racing last night and someone clearly had idiot as an f-key short cut, I have seen swearing f-keyed as well at times. I can understand the normal, hello, bye, sorry, no problem but why have abuse as a short cut?

All that says is that you are setting out to have a go at someone, not willing to accept accidents or mistakes and going to cause trouble.

Why is there a need to do that, why do you need to swear so bad it has have a short cut key, just don't get it

I agree, people often use the F-Key to spam inapropriate stuff , worst of which imo is "GTFO MY WAY U R BLUE FLAG IDIOT MOVE!!!!!".
So?
Quote from garph :Was racing last night and someone clearly had idiot as an f-key short cut, I have seen swearing f-keyed as well at times. I can understand the normal, hello, bye, sorry, no problem but why have abuse as a short cut?

So what? I do whatever I want. You have the block-key for a reason.
It's their opinion what they put there and use it, if the people/admins of the server don't like it, he can be booted out.
If people have innapropriate binds, like the ones you suggested they are pricks and are to be avoided. Therefore ignore them.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :So what? I do whatever I want. You have the block-key for a reason.

It's a good thing that server admins have the ban command for a reason, too.
I personally dont block the chat because somtimes it can be usefull, and some leagues require you not to block.

People who spam abuse, with or without it being on an F-key, are normally just ignorant or immature.

I found the NDR server this week to be rather annoying with about 50 "Fail" messages per lap

Even some of the most well known servers seem to spam you with overly complex lapper messages also.

IMO people who swear or abuse should be banned, because theres really no need.

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :I found the NDR server this week to be rather annoying with about 50 "Fail" messages per lap

I don't think Joe and Jack will ever stop that.
Its rather immature behaviour using the F key for nasty remarks. I find it rather annoying getting a lot of messages in screen. It always distract you from the actual race. A normal hello or bye or whatever is fine but those complete stories go across screen isnt necesarry imo. Think of other aswell. F key nice feature but can be a pain in the arse sometimes. Lucky we have the block key but isnt always the way to use. Like sparky said in leagues you need the info from the admins.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :So what? I do whatever I want. You have the block-key for a reason.

Where did I say you couldn't do something? I also do not like blocking chat as something important might be missed.

It's more about the need that some people to have a swear word or abuse as an f-key short-cut. I think it says something bad about how they are that they feel the need to do that, and the attitude that they are bringing with them into that race even before something has happened

Don't like racing with people like that as you know that any mistake you make or even their mistake will induce a certain bad reaction from them.
Don't be such a puss. Like you never swear/spam
You missed the point....and I don't spam or use swearing as abuse in servers.

They're are so ready to have a go at someone, start and argument, not accept mistakes/accidents that they need a short cut to do it, for me that is the wrong attitude to go racing with.
It would be nice to be able to block individuals for when the admin isnt around. But oh well, first things first eh? =)
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Don't be such a puss. Like you never swear/spam

Are you seriously implying it takes courage to swear? Do you understand "context"?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Don't be such a puss. Like you never swear/spam

Well, frankly, swearing behind a computer is hardly a tough thing to do. Then again, swearing in RL isn't much cop either.
sh!t

well i dont have a swearword on my f key but i do have "FAIL"

and yes its stupid to put a swearword on your f keys, also its stupid to say "Hi/Bye" and "sorry/no problem"...

Block the chat , Is not a big problem
My favourite was always when you lap someone, send "Thanks" and they send back "PUL OVAR I AM TEH COP U R UNDER A REST"
Quote from G!NhO :also its stupid to say "Hi/Bye" and "sorry/no problem"...

ummm, care to explain your opinion?
Hey
I dont have a bind for a swear word or any thing, but i sometimes think i should have had one cause there are so many noobs on some servers that u should have had a big bad ban hammer on 50% of the people on there!!:chairs:
But no, i dont like swearbinds!!
Quote from Trdtommy :Hey
I dont have a bind for a swear word or any thing, but i sometimes think i should have had one cause there are so many noobs on some servers

And what makes you think that having a bind for swearing would improve that situation?

Yes, I throw around the occasional "idiot" myself as well but that doesn't make the other driver race more cleanly suddenly.
Quote from zeugnimod :And what makes you think that having a bind for swearing would improve that situation?

Yes, I throw around the occasional "idiot" myself as well but that doesn't make the other driver race more cleanly suddenly.

No, but you can point him out how much you hate him

F-key Abuse?
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG