The online racing simulator
Full HD LCD TV
(38 posts, started )
Yep ok, I just thought that there might be some marketing logic made up by the manufacturers that would work different to how LCD computer monitors are rated. (You know like how stereo manufacturers have a different power rating to make their stereos sound more powerful than they really are? PeakToPeak vs RMS Watts)

Anyway, does anyone run LFS on an LCD Full-HD Television on 50Hz? If so, does it look bad? I don't think I can manage 100FPS constant on a 100Hz Full-HD. I'd notice it if it constantly droped from 100 down to 60 all the time. I want to know if 50Hz is not bad?
50hz as 50fps or 100hz as 100fps doesnt make picture quality/pixels different. Its just about frame rate. If you are looking for good quality then mostly u gotta check the contrast/brightness rates.
yeh but higher fram rate will give a better "ride". I mean I can't really enjoy 40FPS at all, but 60FPS is fine. I'm trying 50FPS limited now, it looks OK-ish, but I think though it just looks looks rough because the v-sync is off to allow me to get the exact 50FPS on my 60Hz monitor now. To me 40FPS is unplayable or pretty lousy.

Edit: The 50Hz one I was looking at was 6.5ms Response and the Dynamic Contrast Ratio was 6000:1, compared to a 100 Hz Samsung 4mS and Dynamic Contrast Ratio 50,000:1

Thanks for the fast answers.
sofar i know they start to call a lcd tv gameready a 6ms,
but i dont think you will have a problem with 6.5ms, i have a 6ms and dont have anyproblem with that
#30 - Jakg
Quote from JasonJ :yeh but higher fram rate will give a better "ride". I mean I can't really enjoy 40FPS at all, but 60FPS is fine. I'm trying 50FPS limited now, it looks OK-ish, but I think though it just looks looks rough because the v-sync is off to allow me to get the exact 50FPS on my 60Hz monitor now. To me 40FPS is unplayable or pretty lousy.

When you say brightness/contrast rates, what's decent for a Full HD TV? PC Monitors rated at 8mS and 5mS were supposed to be alright rates. Are LCD TVs using the same the same rating system?

The 50HZ TV im looking at is 6.5mS.. that sounds ok?
http://www.hisense.com.au/prod ... ision/detailed/type/9/117

Thanks for the fast answers.

Under about 8ms and no-one can tell the difference - most people can't tell the difference under 16ms tbh...
The only thing I know is that I would go for a 100hz tv.. I don't know if it's just me, but my eyes hurt when I play like 30 minutes on a low hz screen..
Ahh, I never considered that, it's worth thinking about. I just played a few hours limited to 50 FPS last night and sorta got used to that. Didn't feel sick though. Hmmm stange.
Resolved
Hmm yummm 40"

Got the 40" Samsung Series 5
50Hz is fine, not blurry at all, just the camera pic is overexposed.

Thanks for all the advice and help.
Attached images
DSCN9047.JPG
Quote from JasonJ :Hmm yummm 40"

Boob!

Sorry, couldn't resist
Quote from JasonJ :Hmm yummm 40"

maybe a little too close to the screen tho? :P i wish i could get the tv i want as a comp. screen.. a 42" Zepto Pantheon A42.. Full-hd :/ no money thats the prob :P
I decided to grab a HDTV also, had a great tax year. Anyways, when I bought all my upgrades last week, I picked up a 32" Dynex HDTV, 720P. It's not the best in the world, but the quality is really good, image is very nice, and surprisingly good colors, I also got it for a great price, $289. LFS looks great, but so does COD, Quake Wars, Left4Dead< my fav right now!
Oh you didn't go for the full hd? The image should be alot more sharpen than..
I sit kinda close, not as close as those pics above tho, and the 720p looks just fine, if the screen were any bigger, it would lose all the quality, plus wouldn't fit well for my uses and habits. It does look pretty sharp.

Full HD LCD TV
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG