The online racing simulator
Heeeeeeeeelppppp [Probable Graphics Driver Error]
i just downloaded LFS and when i open it up it says. COULD NOT DETECT ANY SUITABLE SCREEN MODES

PROBABLE ERROR IN GRAPHICS DRIVER
Hellllllllllllppppppppppppppp
i just downloaded LFS and when i open it up it says. COULD NOT DETECT ANY SUITABLE SCREEN MODES

Quote from lagoyda50 :i just downloaded LFS and when i open it up it says. COULD NOT DETECT ANY SUITABLE SCREEN MODES

Open cfg.txt
and search for the Resolution screnn , and put 800x600 save it , and try again
Reinstall the latest directx update, that worked for me. EDIT. Or try what Inouva said, that often works too.
where do i do that
Most common answers are:

1. DirectX is either not installed or broken - http://www.microsoft.com/downl ... cd92a3&displaylang=en

2. You aren't using the appropriate driver for your graphics card. Download it from the manufacturer website and install it.

3. You've mangled cfg.txt (in the same directory as LFS.exe) - unlikely if this is a clean installation.

4. A single thread is enough thank you. Posting multiple threads in multiple locations is considered bad manners and likely to cause yourself confusion when people answer. Also try and make the titles slightly more descriptive than "help".
wellll iam sorry just joined this forum
well i installed DirectX and it still wont let me.
what do you mean i mangled cfg.txt
some 1 please this looks like a good game but i cant play
this sucks
#11 - Byku
In main folder of LFS there is cfg.txt. You can found all options of LFS there.
Paste this to Your cfg.txt - "Screen Info 0 0 800 600" (without " of course , or if You have such a line in Your cfg.txt, then simply overwrite it, 800 600 is the resolution, like 800x600). Maybe it will help

Btw. Can You play any other games? Do You only have problems with LFS? What's Your PC configuration?
no i cant play other games either
#13 - Byku
So You propably have huge problems with the drivers or directX,(as You have reinstalled it already, then... ->) try reinstalling graphic card drivers. Btw. Most of the people here are from Europe, and it's night here so don't expect to many responses . Be patient, in 12 hour there will be propably a lot more advices. It's midnight here so gtg to bed. Goodnight and goodluck.
ok thanks. i understand i my self are from ukranie
Did you try and install the latest drivers for your graphics card? If it happens in other games, it isn't the cfg.txt, it must be driver related or something similar.
well i never put any graphics card on what every i bought the comp i never put any thing in and before i reset my comp i played LFS
Quote from lagoyda50 :before i reset my comp i played LFS

There's your problem

When you reinstalled Windows (I presume thats what you mean by resetting it), you didn't reinstall all your drivers.
ok yes i reset the whole system. and how do you install all the drivers
What model graphics card do you have? If you're not sure, what PC model is it?
its a gateway
Which model number? I should be able to find the garphics model from that, and the proper drivers

Or, if you have your original serial number, you can put it in here to find the full list of drivers.
504 gr
If you're still running XP, these are the drivers for your graphics card. That should fix it, your problem definitely sounds driver related...
yup i did thanks alot you are the day/night saver
No probs, enjoy your LFS

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG