The online racing simulator
Quick favor.
(15 posts, started )
Quick favor.
Hello people.

i am currently trying to make a drift movie but i cant record a replay with fraps since i just moved house and my laptop isnt good enough (main comp dont have internet yet)

I was wondering if there is anyone kind enough to take my replay (not me in it:P) and record it in Fraps and save it in a file i can edit.

DRift replay

thanks in advance and please post end product here
I hate to be a pain somewhere but do you have any idea how big uncompressed files from fraps are? It will take ages, and I mean ages, to send you all those files captured from that replay.

I suggest that you use fraps on your laptop, record at .250 and increase the fps in vdub or something instead.
Another thing is, I doubt anybody would want to let go off his good camerawork, to give it out to somebody else's editing skills... unless it's Lynce or Unokeva who are editing...

Edit : If you have a friend with a good PC, record it at his place and take it home with an external HDD if you got one
Quote from [SWE]RE :I hate to be a pain somewhere but do you have any idea how big uncompressed files from fraps are? It will take ages, and I mean ages, to send you all those files captured from that replay.

I suggest that you use fraps on your laptop, record at .250 and increase the fps in vdub or something instead.

whats vdub?
Erm, hmm..

Ok, I downloaded your replay, but you didnt really specify what you wanted recording.. There are three drivers on the mpr, two drifting together, and yourself drifting alone..

Happy to record with the normal LFS TV Camera view so you are not "using any one elses camera work" - Quite possibly the silliest thing ive read on these "pages of gold"! But yes, if you want to specify more what you want, or wish to try again with another mpr, im more than happy to record and host the file while you download.

Quote from mkinnov8 :Happy to record with the normal LFS TV Camera view so you are not "using any one elses camera work" - Quite possibly the silliest thing ive read on these "pages of gold"!

not "any one elses" but "your" in this case. If you wish to work for free and select the best possible angles, spenging hours to record and give it away - be my guest... Anyway, I'm more interested in you hosting 10-30 GB of raw video data
Quote from 91mason91 : (main comp dont have internet yet)

If you have a USB flash drive or some kind of external hard drive you can easily copy the replay from your laptop to your main PC. I'm sure you already knew that, though.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :If you have a USB flash drive or some kind of external hard drive you can easily copy the replay from your laptop to your main PC. I'm sure you already knew that, though.

:doh:
Quote from squidhead :not "any one elses" but "your" in this case. If you wish to work for free and select the best possible angles, spenging hours to record and give it away - be my guest... Anyway, I'm more interested in you hosting 10-30 GB of raw video data

Re-read my post. I never said i'd spend hours selecting the best possible angles. I said I'd offer to record the mpr from the LFS TV camera view. Thats all. - As far as I was aware, thats all the OP was asking for.

Oh, and they wouldnt be "my" camera angles, they are nobodies angles, they just exist - if and when anyone chooses to use them is thier business, there is no ownership over a camera angle.

Like most things, it's what you do with it that counts.

Also, you seem to be under the impression that the OP is asking for a lot - He aint really, ok, he's not totally clear on what he wants, but its a 3-4 minute mpr, the raw file was approx. 6.9gb, and that didnt take much effort.

Regardless, if you think im "wasting" my time, thats my business not yours. To the OP - the offer stands.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Re-read my post. I never said i'd spend hours selecting the best possible angles. I said I'd offer to record the mpr from the LFS TV camera view.

actually, you should re-read your post and see "why would you record with TV cameras"

Quote from mkinnov8 :Happy to record with the normal LFS TV Camera view so you are not "using any one elses camera work" - Quite possibly the silliest thing ive read on these "pages of gold"!

and yes, my position still is the same, you are wasting your time, as well as 91mason91, since movies with regular TV cameras never turn out good... and I mean NEVER
Quote from mkinnov8 :Re-read my post. I never said i'd spend hours selecting the best possible angles. I said I'd offer to record the mpr from the LFS TV camera view. Thats all. - As far as I was aware, thats all the OP was asking for.

Oh, and they wouldnt be "my" camera angles, they are nobodies angles, they just exist - if and when anyone chooses to use them is thier business, there is no ownership over a camera angle.

Like most things, it's what you do with it that counts.

Also, you seem to be under the impression that the OP is asking for a lot - He aint really, ok, he's not totally clear on what he wants, but its a 3-4 minute mpr, the raw file was approx. 6.9gb, and that didnt take much effort.

Regardless, if you think im "wasting" my time, thats my business not yours. To the OP - the offer stands.

Thats for the offer mate and i really appreciate it, but my foolishness missed out the fact i could use a flash drive to stick it on my main PC.

Thanks Astra
Quote from squidhead :actually, you should re-read your post and see "why would you record with TV cameras"

and yes, my position still is the same, you are wasting your time, as well as 91mason91, since movies with regular TV cameras never turn out good... and I mean NEVER

Cheers.
#15 - Tarc
Quote from mkinnov8 :if you want to specify more what you want, or wish to try again with another mpr, im more than happy to record and host the file while you download.

Now that was a generous person. Seriously, others (with squidhead in front) would be just hostile, it's really nice to see kind people like that - with default cameras, it takes like 15 mins to record things then drag'n'drop and let it upload in the background anyway, yet many would have refused any help.
Although he could have waited for the net to be fixed again.
Well, I was just surprised to see a normal comment in this thread after reading the starter comment I didn't expect much.

Quick favor.
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG