The online racing simulator
Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
Quote from speed1 :When did I say I go under the speed limit constantly? I do my best to stick in the flow of traffic. Besides, its when people get on you tail and wont pass despite the fact they can with no issue. Also, what did I say that involved judging a car's speed exactly?

Well, maybe you're going under the speed limit and that's why their tailgating you, but your speedometer may not really be that accurate. I think it's safer just to maybe slow down, and if you press your brakes, only enough to light up the brake lights.
Quote from speed1 :....but the idiot in his Ford was right on my bumper, so I tapped the brake with my left foot to engage the lights and he went around.

Er... yeah... sorry about that. The wife was bitching at me on the cell phone because she wanted me to turn around to go to the store to pick up dog food and tampax. We were fighting so bad because I refuse to buy tampax since she refuses to buy my cigarettes when she's at the store and I dropped the CD I was trying to change out in the CD player. Thus I had to root around in the passenger footwell, which made me spill my fast food hamburger onto my lap and drop my cigarette and I maybe got a little close to you....

Sorry again for that....
When I see someone else being tailgated, I get beside them and put on my blinker and act like I'm going to fit my 22' long car into a 6' gap. They usually slow down.
in my daily driver if someone is tail gating me/ siting on my bumper i will brake hard and even slow down to 20kph in a 100kph zone this works alot of the time but sometimes people will get even closer and refuse to over take thats when i hit the brakes as hard as i can so they hit me (no one has hit me hard yet).

as for truck drivers i think NT australia has it worst we used to get over taken by B tripples when we were doing 170KPH on a two lane road thats scary as hell
If someone's paying little enough attention to the road to be riding your ass, they're unlikely to be paying enough attention to recognise the difference between a quick brake-test and a full-on traffic jam.

Brake testing is dangerous because you're forcing a panic reaction in someone who is already demonstrating poor road sense/attention. You're also using your left foot which is either not used to pedal pressure at all, or is used to the weight of a clutch. The chances are too high that you will cause an accident.

Stop driving in the rear view mirror. Pay attention to the road ahead.
Quote from ajp71 :If anything it is likely to reduce power by mucking up the manufacturers designed gas flow, which were like they were for a reason.

Perhaps yer. It's not really any different from stock - same bore, no removed silencers etc - so I don't know. Not too bothered though it'll last longer than the car and as I now only use it for pootling around town, power isn't a big issue any more.
Quote from thisnameistaken :An amateur rally driver who described himself as the "best driver ever" ... Jason Humble, 33 ...

Oh and to all the brake-testers and car-nudgers: You really shouldn't be on the roads.

lol shouldnt be on the road aye??? :P

the way i see it if they just want to sit behind me when they could over take id rather cause a crash so i can brake their legs

i would feel sorry for any inocent people that got involved but such is life good people and bad people die all the time

and in australia if someone hits you from behind NO MATTER the reason they are at fault in a 20 car pile up the last car is at fault for the hole crash *stupid laws here*

personaly i think if someone is going to sit in the 3sec barrier behind my car they are saying that i should be dead
So if someone else's driving is likely to cause an accident, the appropriate response is to cause the accident before they do?

Not only should you not be on the roads, it's a wonder your mental capacity is enough to maintain your vital functions.
Braketesting will get the FiA or NASCAR stewards collaring you, but nudging them in the rear is just bump-drafting
Quote from thisnameistaken :So if someone else's driving is likely to cause an accident, the appropriate response is to cause the accident before they do?

Not only should you not be on the roads, it's a wonder your mental capacity is enough to maintain your vital functions.

lol ur missing the point i was making

if someone is driving dangeriously and they are doing it just to be a ASSHOLE not because they are in a rush not because they are impaitent but because they just want to piss of the person in front of them for their own amusment or aragonts these types of people dont desearve to live IMO

and im well away of the aspec's of what im writing here are not the norm line of thought
Quote from MAD3.0LT :
if someone is driving dangeriously and they are doing it just to be a ASSHOLE not because they are in a rush not because they are impaitent these types of people dont desearve to live IMO

Lmfao. Please reevaluate human life.
lol i dont value human life personaly i think humans are a waste on this planet but thats just my views
Lol what a thead. All of you that think braketesting and nudging! (WTF) is OK, should be banned for life from even coming close to a car, and for any attempt to sit behind the wheel broken one of your fingers off, infact 80% of all ppl should get banned from driving in this world.

Just how twisted you must be to even think that ramming somebody is ok? Clearly you do not have all the clickers flippin it right in the head.

That's just sick:wtf2:

/rant off

And yea im beeing offensive and i couldnt care less.
It fits the thread title tho... some people who are posting in here just show that many drivers are indeed very stupid.

Besides... i wonder what kind of shitboxes they drive (those who think it's ok to nudge another car). My first concern about nudging another car (regardless of the fact that it's a very stupid thought to begin with) would be my own car. Usually i try to avoid hitting things with my car, since i've paid for it, and don't want it to get damaged. Hmmmm....
Quote from BlueFlame :Braketesting will get the FiA or NASCAR stewards collaring you, but nudging them in the rear is just bump-drafting

Bumpdrafting has no place for circuit racing, making contact for any reason on a race circuit is totally unacceptable, if cars are already at their limits at high speed then the results of a tap are pretty inevitable.

Quote from MAD3.0LT :
if someone is driving dangeriously and they are doing it just to be a ASSHOLE not because they are in a rush not because they are impaitent but because they just want to piss of the person in front of them for their own amusment or aragonts these types of people dont desearve to live IMO

I highly doubt many drivers follow behind you to piss you off when there is a clear opportunity to pass, applying the brakes is a completely retarded thing to do and I am certain that should you stand up in court and say you caused a fatal accident by braking hard and needlessly you'd be going on holiday.

Quote from jibber :
Besides... i wonder what kind of shitboxes they drive (those who think it's ok to nudge another car). My first concern about nudging another car (regardless of the fact that it's a very stupid thought to begin with) would be my own car. Usually i try to avoid hitting things with my car, since i've paid for it, and don't want it to get damaged. Hmmmm....

I really don't have a lot to worry about in that regard I drive a solid old Lada that came pre-dented anyway. I'd do the same thing in the Focus though, if I damaged my car (or any other car in the process) then it would be way to hard a tap and not justifiable for any reason.
Quote from ajp71 :

I highly doubt many drivers follow behind you to piss you off when there is a clear opportunity to pass, applying the brakes is a completely retarded thing to do and I am certain that should you stand up in court and say you caused a fatal accident by braking hard and needlessly you'd be going on holiday.

lol u would be susprised how many people do nearly every time i have been driving a friends car on the freeway at the speed limit 100kph someone would tail gate even though their was a free lane no trafic to over take so i let off the throttle untill they overtake on the odd occasion people refuse to overtake even if im doing 20kph in a 100 zone with a free overtaking lane their. and its normaly rich ****s in brand new cars and i cant do anything cause its not my car.

allso the only thing you have to say is you seen a kid run across the road and you will be fine and the driver behind is at fault even if he is dead.
#119 - STF
Brake testing as in full brake slam, is stupid, but everyone who uses it thinks he has a reason to.. I`ve lit the brakes (without slowing) a couple of times to make them aware they`re too close and they`re driving technique makes me feel unsafe.. you can see it in the mirrors(jerky etc).

Sam, not a really good thing to say "Stop driving in the rear view mirror(s). Pay attention to the road ahead.". You really have to pay attention to everything, even at the gestures of the driver ahead/behind of you, some are on the phone(no handsfree, ..and that is prohibited here), some are picking their nose, some are talking to passengers and pause the conversation when they intend to make a move, or look in that direction(left/right turn, overtake etc).
You can "feel" if he`s distracted/relaxed by his movements/posture at the wheel related to the maneouvre they`re performing. Some girls/noobs are so tensed up, if you horn them while overtaking they`re imediatelly humping the sidewalk lol, or some when they turn the head, the hands&steering wheel follows.

Here we have to adapt, traffic is so heavy that a 2 lane street is driven 3 or 4 wide.. Sometimes 2 inches mirror to mirror between cars, and that is happening at 40-50~ mph.

I`m not a saint, once i used hard(er) braking on purpose to annoy someone.. didn`t happen in the city.. he brake tested me at 55mph then he started laughing hard with his friendz y0.. tards. They were in "something" around 50bhp, no brakes compared to my trashcan, big spoiler, broken fart-can exhaust, "radio" volume max, distorting, all in one package). Just me and them on my lane for miles(one lane in each direction). 1 mile or so, he had to obey my <10mph "speed limit".. for he had no way of overtaking if i didn`t let them, the other way/lane had some incoming traffic (trucks and such) and whenever they attempted an overtake, i`d be 5 car lenghts ahead of them. I got really bored tho and floored it when he gave up "struggling". Meh, everyone has to be a tard sometimes.. I know i was, but it felt good..

Romania: Some truckers. "normal" overtaking style 1, 2, 3, here - laugh.
This color represents speed

This color represents braking

Quote from wheel4hummer :Well, maybe you're going under the speed limit and that's why their tailgating you, but your speedometer may not really be that accurate. I think it's safer just to maybe slow down, and if you press your brakes, only enough to light up the brake lights.

Quote from speed1 :When did I say I go under the speed limit constantly? I do my best to stick in the flow of traffic. Besides, its when people get on you tail and wont pass despite the fact they can with no issue. Also, what did I say that involved judging a car's speed exactly?

Quote from speed1 :Maybe I should make this clear for a third time (counting what Jakg said). You tap the pedal just enough to to light up the brake lights. Plus, at least locally, most of the tailgating is in areas where the car can go around anyways. For example, a bit ago today I was doing around 50 in a 45 zone in the right lane (correct for the US) with more than ample room to pass on the the left (like is correct), but the idiot in his Ford was right on my bumper, so I tapped the brake with my left foot to engage the lights and he went around.

So yeah.

Quote from Luke.S :Now these are stupid drivers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npTRXr4Sgxg

I love the guy in the beginning who just floors it and hits every possible thing.
Not meaning to disagree with anybody in particular, but showing brake lights is exactly as the same suggests, making the brake lights come on with a very gentle foot resting on the pedal doesn't mean you are actually braking or slowing down if you do it gently enough. You can even keep your foot on the throttle if you want, so you wouldn't technically be braking, just giving a warning that you will be soon.

That is exactly what i do if i am towing a car that has broken down for example. I tap the brake to show lights, which lets the person i am towing know that its time to brake. The person being towed by me then brakes and slows us down. The person who is being towed always does the braking, otherwise the chain goes slack and it causes problems.
Quote from speed1 :[
I love the guy in the beginning who just floors it and hits every possible thing.

Thats crazy! i just wanna shout at that driver, stop bloody flooring it you nutcase!!!!11
It was a woman.
you beat me to it dougie. Seriously though, i have seen many people doing totally rubbish attempts at driving, and about 9 times out of 10, tis a lady behind the wheel. Such as a young girl in a saxo trying to park one day, she did about 15 shunts to get into a space that was about 6 feet longer than her little car, so loads of space. When she saw the queue she was causing on ely high street, she obviously went a bit wrong, and proceeded to reverse at speed over the pavement (luckily no pedestrians :schwitz and into the massively solid flint wall the other side.

Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG