The online racing simulator
Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Rant - Stupid Drivers!
Was going round a single-lane mini-roundabout, going straight over - I start to go round, then the guy in the Asda van behind undertakes me by going straight over the middle of the roundabout and almost hits me while giving me a dirty look out the window - WTF!

Going down the GF's road (a single track road - where I had my accident) the postman comes round on the "wrong side" of the road on a blind bend at 30 - it was lucky I was doing 5 and could pull over onto the verge, otherwise I woulda had a head-on...

WTF is up with drivers!
They suck and are so arrogant they think nothing can possibly happen to them. Shame you can't hire a bulldozer or something to prove them wrong.

Learning to drive in London was great for showing some of the range of retarded things people will do.
There has always been bad drivers and all ways will be, but usually you're a passenger so if the driver is any good you don't notice them. Once you're behind the wheels you realise the sort of retarded idiots are allowed behind the wheel.

The worst I've come across are truck drivers. They know it takes them a lot longer to stop than it does me, yet will insist on sitting on my back bumper.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The worst I've come across are truck drivers. They know it takes them a lot longer to stop than it does me, yet will insist on sitting on my back bumper.

Around here, this is because they want you to get the F out of the way because there is a hill coming up and they don't want to be stopping traffic to a 0.0012 mph crawl. They want to make the hill.

Big truck + needing to brake as they come upon an uphill = not driving up the hill with 50,000 pounds of cargo behind them.

I am assuming you mean cargo trucks, and not passenger vehicle pickup trucks here.
#5 - 5haz
Aaah, but we only hear your side of the story.
I thought this would be another "I crashed with a bush while avoiding a postman" -thread...

Anyway, that sounds like a normal pleasant drive. You should get aquainted with the local driving habits around here.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The worst I've come across are truck drivers. They know it takes them a lot longer to stop than it does me, yet will insist on sitting on my back bumper.

Drive a bit quicker then. No need to be so anti-social that speed-limited lorries are being held up unnecessarily.
i dont think peopel often realise about trucks and about drving them, and how you have to drive them, with a truck one of the most important things is fuel economy especially with diesel the price it is now so have to keep slowing down ruins fuel economy, thats why if you see 1 truck try to overtake another, you will never see him lift of, ever

its worrying when your in the cab of a truck and see some of the stupid things people will do infront of a 40 ton truck
Quote from james12s :i dont think peopel often realise about trucks and about drving them, and how you have to drive them, with a truck one of the most important things is fuel economy especially with diesel the price it is now so have to keep slowing down ruins fuel economy, thats why if you see 1 truck try to overtake another, you will never see him lift of, ever

Then why did he overtake anyway? driving behind another truck massively improves fuel economy.
Not when you're about to hit them it don't, you're constantly on and off the gas when you're faster than the truck ahead, and if you are faster, why stay behind?
Quote from Xaid0n :Not when you're about to hit them it don't, you're constantly on and off the gas when you're faster than the truck ahead, and if you are faster, why stay behind?

How about actually using cruise control, instead of abusing the speed limiter as cruise control?
Faster than the truck in front... You mean that 0.5 mph extra? Requiring several miles to overtake a 16 meter truck isn't significantly faster, is it?
hey don't flame me, i was merely making a point. All I meant was if truckers want to use their limiter then let em use it, and if they want to overtake let em, why should they run in convoy making it difficult for cars to get an exit when trucks are banned from overtaking (A12)
all i was saying is dont be so hard on truckers, yes here are some idiots out there, more than there used to, but dont just generalise all truckers driving on a minority

people judge truckers without really understanding
Quote from james12s :all i was saying is dont be so hard on truckers, yes here are some idiots out there, more than there used to, but dont just generalise all truckers driving on a minority

people judge truckers without really understanding

Completely Agree
#15 - 5haz
Pffft, they all murder prostitues.

No actually, I've never seen a trucker do anything completely stupid driving wise, I know left hand drive ones can sometimes sideswipe cars, but overall I think they are quite good drivers overall, perhaps people slag them off because they are intimadated by their massive 40ft articulated monsters.
Quote from james12s : thats why if you see 1 truck try to overtake another, you will never see him lift of, ever

[rant]

I hate them f**kers in artics that do that on dual carriageways, it ruins the whole flow of traffic.

Plus what is the point anyway? Artics in the uk are limited to 56mph so there is no advantage to be had at all.

I once got stuck directly behind some trucker doing this retarded and pointless manoevre on the A14 one day (aka, the road of hell.) in the middle of the friday afternoon rush hour.

It took SIX miles for the overtaking lorry to finally get past, and im not exaggerating. Literally, one lorry was doing like 59.998 mph and the other was doing 56.000 mph, resulting in what was reported on the local radio traffic report as a 4 mile tailback.

It is such a pain in the ass, it shows no respect to other road users. Just because you have a bigger vehicle on the road does not mean you have the right to block it for everyone else. I think it should be illegal IMO.

[/rant]
yh dan it is totally stupid on a dual caridge way, often you will see forein truckers doing it more often as they can be quicker depending on country, although saying that there were a few tricks in the older trucks to make em go a bit quicker
Indeed. Old volvo's and ford cargos. Pull a fuse out = Unlimited!
#19 - Jakg
Quote from danthebangerboy :...on the A14 one day (aka, the road of hell.)...

What's wrong with the A14? I use it for work every weekend and it's fine - the reason you have issues is because truckers coming from felixstowe use the A14 to get on the nearest motorway (which I only ever see when i'm near Bury but meh).
Quote from Jakg :What's wrong with the A14? I use it for work every weekend and it's fine - the reason you have issues is because truckers coming from felixstowe use the A14 to get on the nearest motorway (which I only ever see when i'm near Bury but meh).

I don't find it bad to drive on myself, but it just seems that there are pileups on there nearly every day somewhere. It isnt physically any different to other dual carriage ways, it just seems to be that loads of people crash on it!
#21 - Jakg
Haven't seen (or heard) of any accidents since the day it was covered in ice (that was fun :P) before Christmas.

It's probably just because Suffolk drivers can't really understand indicators, and Norfolk drivers aren't sure how to work the pedals with their webbed feet :P
Quote from mrodgers :Around here, this is because they want you to get the F out of the way because there is a hill coming up and they don't want to be stopping traffic to a 0.0012 mph crawl. They want to make the hill.

Big truck + needing to brake as they come upon an uphill = not driving up the hill with 50,000 pounds of cargo behind them.

I am assuming you mean cargo trucks, and not passenger vehicle pickup trucks here.

Quote from tristancliffe :Drive a bit quicker then. No need to be so anti-social that speed-limited lorries are being held up unnecessarily.

The last time it happened I was on a levelish back road behind one lorry (doing ~50 and no where to overtake without taking unnecessary risk. I was also obeying the 2 second rule because I spent too long watching 70's/80's road safety adverts so "only a fool breaks the 2 second rule") the chap behind me seems to be going a mile an hour faster so decided sitting on my bumper was the way forward.

But I have had it on 30 and 40 limit roads. As though doing the speed limit is some great crime to humanity.
Quote from Jakg :Was going round a single-lane mini-roundabout, going straight over - I start to go round, then the guy in the Asda guy behind overtakes me by going straight over the middle of the roundabout and almost hits me while giving me a dirty look out the window - WTF!

Going down the GF's road (a single track road - where I had my accident) the postman comes round on the "wrong side" of the road on a blind bend at 30 - it was lucky I was doing 5 and could pull over onto the verge, otherwise I woulda had a head-on...

WTF is up with drivers!

Don't worry mate, it happens. I've had all sorts of morons (normally in a van of some time) pull out on me, overtake me only to cut me right up etc.

Just ignore them, it will only likely increase your chances of an accident.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Just ignore them, it will only likely increase your chances of an accident.

Naturally, if you ignore vehicles you're likely to drive into them.
I mean ignore the blithering idiot's gestures towards you.

Some dude gave me the birdie the other day, so I waved at him and rode off. Laughing, I may add.

Rant - Stupid Drivers!
(188 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG