The online racing simulator
My opinion on user-made tracks is this: A better autox editor and area is as far as it should go. Autox is motorsport, and a big part of LFS. Things such as kerbs should be implemented into an autox editor at some point. If something improves both racing and cruising, good, as long as it doesn't help just cruising...people might be a good idea, they can do pitstops and be pedestrians!

Ok whatever I'm fed up of standing in everyone's side and try to stop this arguing for cruise/racing tastes. If you want to insult cruisers and drifters and all other made up things from LFS then go ahead. I don't want to write any more essays. xD

I am just going to quit this. It's a lost cause anyway. I know LFS is a racing simulator and will stay as one. I don't want this to change. Whatever just have fun racing and insulting people with taste different than yours. I don't care. No point to care for a lost cause.

As for hold horn thing I didn't really want it.. It was late when I made this suggestion and I didn't even realize whats going on. Flashing police lights is something I have not suggested and I think it should not exist. I'm not for the horn either, but just for the lights on/off when and if night is available.

Thanks for the talk. If something made you feel offended well don't since theres no use.
broken, I feel you, but I, timpdr and S14, IIRC, did not insult anyone in our posts...
I don't appreciate stupid racers, as much as I don't appreciate kidzorz drifters, as much as I don't appreciate emocruisers.

Most of the crew in cruise servers may or may not be very kind and so on. I don't know, it's been a real while since I joined one (because I find it uninteresting), but I am not referring to those people. I am referring to the ones who want a tow truck, police cars models, sidewalks, real traffic lights etc... Something that will only benefit them, and not the whole community... Such as some drifters asking for supah exhausts and supah spoilerzzzzzz or simply a "drift-only" car...

It might be hard to accept, but since the racers are originally the main target customers of the product, a racer who makes a suggestion has got a larger chance of making it useful for everybody than someone who asks for a special feature related to HIS gameplay. This is why racers/drifters suggestion usually get more credit than cruisers' because they are inclusive (apply to as many people as they can) and not exclusive like most of the cruisers'

@Timpdr : I'm not sure for the CnR servers... last time I recall seeing one was september 2007... Yeah you're right it was better than cruising ! At least the cops there did not want to simulate real-life cop behavior
I would like your babies.
@Zen I didn't mean you but I meant the community at all.

I was kinda with the idea of world peace, like everyone in the community can be in one part instead of like different 'camps' like what it is turning it atm. I wanted to try to make things better since I see more and more and more arguing in this forum.

We all have something in common(talking about LFS) and in fact instead of using it as reason to support each other we fight... I wouldn't give too much s**t about it since I am having a lot of fun in LFS when I am playing it. If you guys want to ruin your mood then go ahead lol. Some of the arguments make me laugh and sometimes make my day so one the other side - there is some use of it.

One more thing from which arguing comes:
The idea to insult demoers for not having enough money to buy S2. Maybe they are still too little to make their own money and it's nothing bad imo but some people don't think like that. Well of course this has it's bad side too - crackers which I can understand every S2 licensed to hate, but would they really care? Don't think so

I think that some of the guys in here(really don't mean anyone specific) are just looking for a reason to argue and fight.

This topic as a suggestion is good but some of you just don't like the caption, do you?

Edit: Damn I was planning to stop writing in this topic but its getting interesting.
Well I understand what your motives are, and they are pretty respectable.

The only problem is that LFS isn't one community, it's multiple communities (I wouldn't say camps, though ). Because what determines a community are shared idea. People who prefer to use LFS to drive slowly enjoying the sight of the tracks, other want to go fast, others want to drift their machines, so it is understandable that they have different motivations and this different expectations from the game.

There is no way of playing BETTER in absolute criteria than another, because tastes are subjective. However, where the argument takes place is when people want to change what LFS originally suit. Because of its nature, LFS is more suited to find people wishing to have a semi-pro motorsport (drift + race), and I think that since a couple of monthes I did not read any thread about a drift vs grip fight on a thread.
However, the problem with cruising is that it will always be a derivated gameplay from the original idea. Therefore, it can be understood that cruise-oriented features (police cars, sirens, cities, countries, etc) will be impossible to implement EXCEPT if they are something to do with motorsports...

About the demo users, it gets annoying when they ask for some more, and you can understand that...
And the crackers it's pretty obvious as well... A guy who doesn't pay for LFS can spread the software up, resulting in no income for the devs over the long run, resulting in no more cash to maintain the master servers up, and no more cash to improve the game So you can understand why people are pretty upset about it !
i must say i LOVE this idea!!!
Great contribution & bump.
Wait... Forget about cruising now.
That limitation in the graphics engine means that it's inefficient, doesn't it?
Usually, a good optimization technique for Direct3D is to draw only the objects that are in the sight of the camera. The current LFS graphics engine draws all the objects in the so-called path - that's more to be drawn than only the things that are in the camera view.
Quote from Kirill.D :Scawen has talked about this multiple times, they won't do this thing intentionally to avoid turning LFS into Midtown Madness... LFS is a racing simulator, not a cruise game, they have told this several times...

Midtown Madness did keep me occupied though =D
Quote from Ivo Georgiev :The current LFS graphics engine draws all the objects in the so-called path - that's more to be drawn than only the things that are in the camera view.

I don't agree with that, from what I know, LFS draws all what you see, nothing more. Try to reduce your screen width and sometimes you'll see that the bottom parts of the screen just don't render at all.
Then if the whole track is drawn there won't be a difference O.o
They are rendered, but due to camera position, there aren't visible. Note that everything in LFS is drawn only from the visible side, except if it is double-sided.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG