The online racing simulator
Firefox 'Rise Up'
(41 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Firefox 'Rise Up'
Firefox is overrated!

*dons flameproof suit and runs away*
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Firefox is overrated!

*dons flameproof suit and runs away*

FF is better then internet crapxplorer and google-chromy-ass
yup. and its FREE ... like all other browers... hmm...
Quote from Stefani24 :FF is better then internet crapxplorer and google-chromy-ass

That is the worst portmanteau I have ever seen
Quote from Stefani24 :FF is better then internet crapxplorer and google-chromy-ass

Have to disagree on the Chrome thing, both Firefox and Chrome have their place (I happen to really like Chrome, it's fast and actually looks rather nice)
Go safari!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Firefox is overrated!

That's an understatement. Though I wouldn't know how to put it otherwise FF is crappy subpar sorry excuse for a browser. But to each his own. Honestly, the last version I tried was quite a while ago and I have no doubt it has evolved a lot since then, but seeing as everyone was hyping FF to be god's gift to man at the time I tried it, and that I was utterly unimpressed with it at that time, I really don't care for it anymore and I don't see any reason whatsoever for me to try a newer version. At all. And what I really hate with a passion, is the fanatic - almost extremist - Firefox religion that's so bloody abundant everywhere.

And also, I find it hilarious that every time someone dares to utter a disliking for FF there's a bunch of people who immediately start bashing IE and/or other browsers. Stefani's reply in this thread is another fine example of that. Like...what the f**ck?! I say I don't like Firefox and people immediately say "at least it's better than internet exploder".... So f**cking what?! What does that have to do with me not liking FF? Is that really the best argument you can come up with in favor of FF?

Ahhh, rant over. That felt good
Quote from obsolum :That's an understatement. Though I wouldn't know how to put it otherwise FF is crappy subpar sorry excuse for a browser. But to each his own. Honestly, the last version I tried was quite a while ago and I have no doubt it has evolved a lot since then, but seeing as everyone was hyping FF to be god's gift to man at the time I tried it, and that I was utterly unimpressed with it at that time, I really don't care for it anymore and I don't see any reason whatsoever for me to try a newer version. At all. And what I really hate with a passion, is the fanatic - almost extremist - Firefox religion that's so bloody abundant everywhere.

And also, I find it hilarious that every time someone dares to utter a disliking for FF there's a bunch of people who immediately start bashing IE and/or other browsers. Stefani's reply in this thread is another fine example of that. Like...what the f**ck?! I say I don't like Firefox and people immediately say "at least it's better than internet exploder".... So f**cking what?! What does that have to do with me not liking FF? Is that really the best argument you can come up with in favor of FF?

Easy now Kiddo Get back to the dMR server and refresh your calm batteries
Quote from obsolum :That's an understatement. Though I wouldn't know how to put it otherwise FF is crappy subpar sorry excuse for a browser. But to each his own. Honestly, the last version I tried was quite a while ago and I have no doubt it has evolved a lot since then, but seeing as everyone was hyping FF to be god's gift to man at the time I tried it, and that I was utterly unimpressed with it at that time, I really don't care for it anymore and I don't see any reason whatsoever for me to try a newer version. At all. And what I really hate with a passion, is the fanatic - almost extremist - Firefox religion that's so bloody abundant everywhere.

+1 sir..
I've only used IE and FF, so I don't know what the best browser overall is, but I find FF a lot better suited to me. IMO. I believe more people would prefer FF over IE, but I can understand that some people like IE more. The end.

I haven't actually watched the video, I'm afraid, but it doesn't sound great. (Massive understatement? ) I mean, it's claimed that compared to Internet Explorer users, Firefox users are:

14% less likely to have sleeping disorders
67% more likely to go mountain biking
40% less likely to be widowed
53% more likely to go hiking
60% more likely to drink microbrew beer
51% less likely to be an Accountant
26% more likely to have gone to a live concert
26% more likely to have seen live music
45% more likely to have gone on a date
36% more likely to play extreme sports
76% more likely to have watched a foreign film
21% more likely to have an espresso
14% more likely to enjoy power weightlifting
34% more likely to participate in snow sports
6% more likely to practice yoga
113% more likely to be a student
139% more likely to go rock climbing
17% more likely to be self-employed
16% less likely to have fungal infections
41% more likely to have watched a documentary
36% more likely to participate in extreme sports
69% more likely to be in the Arts & Entertainment industry

And can I just add, FF users bashing IE users can get seriously stupid, but do IE users make themselves look any better when they bash FF?
The amount of FF users bashing IE users far exceeds the amount of IE users bashing FF.

And love your made up statistics lol.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :The amount of FF users bashing IE users far exceeds the amount of IE users bashing FF.

And love your made up statistics lol.

I agree, but that wasn't what I meant...the insults against both user and browser were not necessarily better! The statistics were in the second OP link, btw. I don't think they are true!
I must admit I forgot to mention that the amount of FF users far exceeds the amount of IE users anyway so it's an unfair comparison to make!

MOVING ONWARDS..
Quote from JohnUK89 :Have to disagree on the Chrome thing, both Firefox and Chrome have their place (I happen to really like Chrome, it's fast and actually looks rather nice)

i always use chrome, it looks the cleanest
Does? I was under the impression that FF's market share was only around 15% or thereabouts, with IE being huge due to the fact that every non-geek in the world uses what comes with their PC.

However, IE's insistance in not rendering HTML properly means I cannot be bothered with it except as a web testing tool. And, occasionally, I have to use to view a site that has been designed using IE-HTML rather than proper code, and hence doesn't work in many other browsers.

I currently use FF myself, only with very few plugins. I didn't like Chrome, I don't like Safari, or indeed any of the other browsers I've tried. Not because of the speed, or the HTML rendering (neither of which seemed any better or worse than FF), but mostly the feel of it. I'm used to FF. It does what it says on the tin and does it well. I know the shortcuts, and it never crashes (except at home, but that's because I buggered up an nLite installation and haven't bothered to fix it)
Just wondering, which other browsers (if any) have an Adblock-like feature? I mean this as a genuine question, I promise!
Internet explorer = internet exploiter
firefox = firefu*ked

I hate IE because its slow.
FF is fairly fast but is very unstable for me. It can be fine for a few days, or crash literally every 30 seconds.

I get on best with chrome, especially because it is fast, even faster than FF IMO, and there is a thing called chromium theme creator, which as the name suggests, allows you to make your own themes, which is another plus point. Chrome FTW!
Stealing your website and calling it their own FTW.
The great thing about FireFox is its extensibility, and one could argue, its overall open-source philosophy. If another browser came along that had such features as mouse-gestures, ad-block, flash-block, fireFTP, fireBug, a build-in spell-checker, and a bunch of other things I could tick, then I'd consider a change, but sadly no-one else even comes close.

The main issue is that Microsoft have spent the better part of the last decade intentionally trying to stifle the browser market. They have invested so much into their desktop platform with .NET, many could say bet their entire business on it, that they've tried to fight the web application like it was another business competitor. This lack of interest from MS (what was it, six years between IE6 and IE7?), plus the doom of Netscape to the .com collapse, has meant that browsers have been swirling around without focus for far too many years now.

We need companies like Microsoft to be offering innovation, to be pioneering design, not playing catch up to a bunch of open-source guys, who as an industry, wouldn't know an innovate design if it walked up to them and tweaked their nipples. Maybe Google will correct this, make their Chrome (which does have huge potential) the best browser ever, but we'll see.

Until I'm still a FireFox guy, and have been back since it was called FireBird.
Lynx is the only real browser.

I have 6 reasons to use Firefox:
- FoxyProxy
- AdBlock
- GreaseMonkey
- WebDeveloper Toolbar
- NoScript
- DTA
Chrome sounds fishy to me, especially with their EULA fauxpas back then, I didn't try it.
IE, well, I ditched that due to major security holes and lack of features back then, and can't be bothered to install it.
Opera, never really liked it, so not trying that either.
Any browser would only have a chance for me if it supported the features I mentioned above, built-in or as addon, doesn't matter.
i dont use chrome as id rather be assulted from behind by a trojan...

FF all the way...
I always used Firefox on my desktop, but since I got a netbook, I find Chrome to be the best suited browser.

Its faster than anything else (except maybe Opera), has the cleanest interface, wastes the least screenspace, and has proven itself to be very stable.

Firefox has come a long way from where it started. I switched to it from Mozilla, because it had a cleaner interface, was a lot faster, lighter, and rendered everything equally as well. For the same reasons, I now use Chrome.
I dont give a damn about which browser is better than others, I dont have any feilty to one product over another, it's a product and a tool and i'll use a browser on the simple basis that it facilitates me doing what I want to do - the last thing of which is actually using a browser for the sake of using a browser !

Being a web developer one of the tools I use is Firebug, Firebug is by far and without question the best development toolbar i've found to date, far exceeding the IE one. Consequently I find myself instinctively using Firefox out of prefference, unless I am specifically testing something in another browser.

Say what you like about what browser is better or worse than any other, i'm more interested in the contents of the sites I visit.

I do hate IE with a passion because it's debugging is dire, but from a user perspective as long as it does what it says on the tin, what does it matter?

Firefox 'Rise Up'
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG