The online racing simulator
Fuel race
(53 posts, started )
why would some of you want to drive on a short track? personally, I think one of the long tracks - like FE black - would prevent boredom, wouldn't it?
Quote from irishstang :I'd say a 15% fuel limit, and we drive on something like Aston Cadet, like someone already suggested. Is there any way to make sure everyone starts with the same amount of fuel?

Everyone need to provide a screenshot from start grid with their fuel amount visible.

Just an idea, not interested in such a race.
No this is impossible. 100% fuel or tracker... and we must make more than 20 laps for the effect
it could be possible with OutGauge and InSim
Quote from Bandit77 :why would some of you want to drive on a short track? personally, I think one of the long tracks - like FE black - would prevent boredom, wouldn't it?

Well if you had enough cars I think it would be more fun on a shorter track since you will be passing and be getting passed depending on who is coasting and who is burning fuel. A long track you'd be all by yourself just rolling along.
Quote from JohnnyFX :Just wanted to point out that a time limit won't work... whoever drives the fastest will have the most laps, regardless of fuel consumption. That's assuming the time limit is less then the time it takes to use all your fuel, and if not, then the time limit would be pointless.

Well, of course the time limit would have to be more then it takes to use all your fuel if you were driving at high speed, and it´s not pointless. if you have no time limit, people could just park next to the track, spy on each other, see who´s tactic brings a car to most laps and then try and get just a little bit further (and the event would take half a day). if you go as fast as possible in the bf1, you might run out of fuel after maybe 45 minutes or so, and people with a more economic driving style will pass you eventually. if you try to save fuel, you could still be running after i don´t know ... 3 hours? so if you make the race 2 hours, everyone has to find a balance between saving fuel and driving fast to get the most laps done. and of course everyone would start with 100% fuel, and pit stops are just not allowed (or i think you can check whether someone was refuelling during a pit stop, using the replay, so you could stop for repairs only). this way, we could start this thing right now, wouldn´t even need a tracker. MRT @ aston cadet still being my first suggestion for this.

edit: ideal would be if you burned exactly 100% in those 2 hours, right? so it comes down to think not about fuel usage per lap but per minute .... something like that
Quote from eimer_ :
edit: ideal would be if you burned exactly 100% in those 2 hours, right? so it comes down to think not about fuel usage per lap but per minute .... something like that

which is quite another type of race.
Well it's like if you having a fuel economy race to, say, blackpool, to turn on the illuminations, and you had to go fast enough to make it in time, but not so fast that you run out of fuel.
eimer this is stupid what u said this isnt about saving fuel but about luck ... If u are going slow its not economy and if u are fast its not. I want to make it with limit but limit must be really more. I want SAVING fuel race what means people will have space to go slower or faster and it will be limited just because we dont want to race more than half day... who win will depends just about that how economy he driven not about that if he used all 100% to time limit with fast drive...
I can't imagine anything more boring or less satisfying

You do a ten lap test or two, and find the most efficient speed, and then attempt to drive at that until all your fuel runs out, fine. It would only work if people submitted spr files or made slipstreaming forbidden (not easy) because nobody would want to be at the front if you didn't and you'd have 10 cars stopped at the start line for 6 hours.

There's no need at all for it to be a long race, if two people have different approaches one will be better, and that difference will show after 1% of fuel, the difference would simply be 10 times bigger with 10%.

Think I'll leave you all to it Enjoy.
Quote from L@gger :I want to make it with limit but limit must be really more. it will be limited just because we dont want to race more than half day...

ok, 2 hours is just about all i want to spend on this thing. you go ahead, have that not-more-then-half-day event - 12 hours? 6 maybe? however you define it, good luck!
I admit, a full tank won't be very clever. I think a car like the XFG will not burn 10 liters/100km when going at constant 100 km/h. with its 45 liters tank, this means you will be behind the wheel for at least 4.5 hours. hmmmm...

we have to spice it up anyhow. I mean - after a couple of laps anyone will be able to say who's gonna win or how you go most efficiently with the given setup.

it'd be much more fun if you didn't have a clue about the road ahead, the car nor the amount of fuel in your tank.
but there is still problem: how u can know other racers use 10 %? Eimer i just dont want fuel save race what is half fuel save and half average race... What means if u are saving fuel the best u will have 50% in tank after race and u wont be 1st because time limit was too short.
What about the following idea:

Everybody gets the same defined amount of fuel, like 5 % or so, but every race attendant has to choose another car, so ideally the whole LFS car range is covered.
Then, with the green light, everybody drives as fast as he can with the target to see which car covers the longest distance.

Well, I must admit, this will work once only, because then everybody knows which car is the worst gas guzzler, but after that you could still experiment with different extra weights or intake restrictions in the advantaged cars ...
If you could get everyone to submit an SPR of their run then you could easily check the fuel levels at the start. I don't believe that information is available from an MPR though, so you couldn't have all the competitors running in the same race at the same time.
Quote from smove : ...

That'd be fun. Of course most participants will do an approximate computation of each car's fuel consumption - and if we're gonna do this as soon as possible, no big testing will be made. after all the car with the best range when raced doesn't also have to be the best when driven economically.

Quote from amp88 :If you could get everyone to submit an SPR of their run then you could easily check the fuel levels at the start.

nice idea. no spr, no classification.

i'm thinking about other variations of the original idea.
what about this:

v1:
you get a car and a track (or you choose your car yourself), and a set number of laps. now you have to fill the exact amount of fuel needed to do these laps. if you do fewer laps - fail. if you do more - point penalty or something.

v2:
or you get the fuel and you have to tell how many laps you will do.

edit:
Quote from smove :
Then, with the green light, everybody drives as fast as he can with the target to see which car covers the longest distance.

that's actually pointless because you can look up the fuel consumption under race conditions in LFS world.
but with economic driving it might look different.
AFAIK the cars all have roughly the same fuel consumption... it's just that the rate that fuel is used is proportionate to the power being produced..

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're using 50bhp in the FZR, and 50bhp in the XFG, both will be doing the same MPG, although % per lap may show as different due to the size of the tank..
#44 - STF
just a quick experiment i`ve done: XRG, Blackwood, 1% start fuel.. 0.1%/lap. if you`re really economical(shutdown engine downhill etc), you can do more than 10 laps(maybe even 15). if you floor it just a bit.. 0.2-0.3%/lap.
economical would mean 4 minute/lap ~.
Imagine adding some % intake restriction..
top speed was 40-50 mph, average 25-30~.
What you can do is tell everyone to put in (for example) 1% into their tank, and tell them to drive as far as possible. You can tell who has cheated in two ways:
  1. They go twice as far as everyone else.
  2. Their engine turns on when you ask them to press 'I'
I Think we shall not use percentage but liters. because as said before, different cars have different tank sizes... so if all usessame car ( wich i think it's the best ) we use percentage, if not, we use liters. Otherwise different cars can get the same laps/percentage but will have different MPG's.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :AFAIK the cars all have roughly the same fuel consumption... it's just that the rate that fuel is used is proportionate to the power being produced..

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're using 50bhp in the FZR, and 50bhp in the XFG, both will be doing the same MPG, although % per lap may show as different due to the size of the tank..

So if fbm have 500kg and better aerodynamics than som other car what have 1000kg. U think it will consum the same fuel at the most economic drive on 1 laps at these 2 cars? I think SPR would be boring it needs normal race series but with some tracker. I still cant find my friend online, so i cant say if its possible to make that tracker
Quote from L@gger :So if fbm have 500kg and better aerodynamics than som other car what have 1000kg. U think it will consum the same fuel at the most economic drive on 1 laps at these 2 cars? I think SPR would be boring it needs normal race series but with some tracker. I still cant find my friend online, so i cant say if its possible to make that tracker

I said roughly. Fuel usage is determined by how much power you are using, so pretty much yes.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I said roughly. Fuel usage is determined by how much power you are using, so pretty much yes.

which would be a but ugly blot in LFS's overrealistic realism...

... and the road tyres are just more narrow slicks with lots more pressure .

gotta test this next time I play LFS.

Quote from J@tko :What you can do is tell everyone to put in (for example) 1% into their tank, and tell them to drive as far as possible. You can tell who has cheated in two ways:

1. They go twice as far as everyone else.
2. Their engine turns on when you ask them to press 'I'

great idea dude. it's the simple things...
will make a bit of a short race, but that's probably the most practical solution.
Quote from Bandit77 :
great idea dude. it's the simple things...
will make a bit of a short race, but that's probably the most practical solution.

Yes, it's great as a quick novelty qualifying solution

Fuel race
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG