The online racing simulator
Fuel race
(53 posts, started )
Fuel race
Hello. Im not sure if it wasnt here but i couldnt find it. Maybe its for that because im not good at english so i dont know the phrase to search
I have got an idea of race on fuel. Everyone start with 100% fuel and who get the highiest lap count is the winner. What do u think about it guys???
well the race would take forever maybe less fuel like 20 or 30% btw... fox can go bl gp with just 0.3% a lap
Yea but someone could give more than 30 % .... so 100% and for example bl gp and fbm 1.2 % and less or some car above 1 % a lap. Or make some tracker what will control fuel in tank.
well, I suppose you could see it in the replay of the race how much fuel everyone used.
I do like the idea.
but if u are trying to use less fuel maybe u can use 0.4 on lap with fbm maybe less ... Im sure this race is just for wheel drivers
#6 - smove
Well, if you could fill your fuel tank with a gallon exactly you could do a race like Top Gear did last year which was very amusing and surprising as well. It would even be much more entertaining than with a (nearly) full tank because the races would be way shorter that way.

But I guess that isn't possible this way in LFS because you can only fill the fuel tank %-wise, can't you?
BF1 with 100% on aston cadet - i´m in. just name a date

gonna go probably about 40kph average speed. in 7th gear. maximum pressure and camber on the tires. something like that. i´m guessing that doing such a race in the bf1 might be over sooner than in any other car... maybe MRT would be a good idea too, small enough so we could shake hands when passing each other. it´s more like a test then a race anyway, still fun
man 40 kmh with f1 u will use more fuel on lap than with full throttle... This wouldnt be about how u know track but how u know your car ... i think this can be very nice
see, this is where we can start placing bets on who is gonna win

to put a time limit on the event, you could make it a 2 hours race maybe. and juts say that the winner doesnt need to cross the finish line after those 2 hours, we will just check who got most laps.
But time must be set up very good. Because in 1 hour maybe with 100% someone can make all fast laps with fuel and the best user of fuel will do 3/4 his laps but winner wont have fuel and he will have still half fuel
yeah, but 3 hours of nonstop most-economic cruising might become quite boring so 2 hours sound ideal to me. don´t know any car in lfs that can go race-pace for 2 hours with 100% fuel.

and btw the bf1 doesnt have a starter motor. so i´m gonna propose MRT instead. so i can park next to the track (not in the pits of course) if i need to go to the bathroom.
hmm but there can be some very good fuel users ... I will ask friend who made airio if is possible to check fuel by tracker ... This type of race must have more than 30 laps ... accuracy in turns isnt the point...
Quote from L@gger :This type of race must have more than 30 laps ...

sure, a timed race (x hours) has no lap limit. you could to 36000 laps in an hour if your car does 10 laps per second.
Quote from eimer_ :sure, a timed race (x hours) has no lap limit. you could to 36000 laps in an hour if your car does 10 laps per second.

Sounds like a challenge ...
This is a really good idea
The winner would be popular with enviromental communities, they will think your a great fuel saver
yea but i still didnt asked if its possible to make tracker for this... He isnt online so often
This sounds very interesting, I'd love to have a go at it. I drive my cobra daily, at least for now, and I'm always using a different cruise speed, trying to get good mileage. I used to think the faster the better, but not so, at 85mph I get 23.5mpg, at 75mph I get 24.2mpg, and at 65mph, I get 26.1... I guess it has to do with the wind, and higher rpm, because regardless which speed I'm at, it takes like, exactly the same % of pedal to maintain speed. I've noticed very very similar behavior in my VW too.
Its about aerodynamics of car, rpm, starting up ... For each car is different point of the least using of fuel. With F1 it can be maybe 200km/h.
Sounds interesting, I'm in if it happens
why not
That was wierd, i did this earlier today, i did BF1 on AS Club with another guy.
10% fuel start, Late lap 7 it ran out, i was 200 meters infront of him
Quote from eimer_ :see, this is where we can start placing bets on who is gonna win

to put a time limit on the event, you could make it a 2 hours race maybe. and juts say that the winner doesnt need to cross the finish line after those 2 hours, we will just check who got most laps.

Just wanted to point out that a time limit won't work... whoever drives the fastest will have the most laps, regardless of fuel consumption. That's assuming the time limit is less then the time it takes to use all your fuel, and if not, then the time limit would be pointless.
i'm in too - depending a bit on the time it takes place, of course. and I'd rather drive a road car.

... and we'll all use skins with WWF and Greenpeace stickers .

Save the virtual planet!
I'd say a 15% fuel limit, and we drive on something like Aston Cadet, like someone already suggested. Is there any way to make sure everyone starts with the same amount of fuel?
I don't think you can force it like you can with restrictions, so I don't think so, no.

Fuel race
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG