The online racing simulator
Quote from dadge :is it just me or does it look like you've striped a piano to make your cockpit? good effort though.

LoL it's an old arcade video game frame laid down. made a perfect platform.
Since this was taken I have moved the computer to the other side and turned it around to face the right way. Still need to paint the table part black.
Attached images
IMG_2410.JPG
heres my first attempt. ive been sim racing for only about two weeks. so i threw this together in the last few days. so YES im addicted. haha

- 3 way adjustable seat 10$ (buddies junk yard) smelled like cat piss though. lots of febreeze.
- wood 30$
- 2x 200 watt but kickers (seat rumblers) with car amp and huge 12 volt power supply
- nixim brake mod
- multiple shifter mods (g25)
- g25 wheel
- leo bodnars USB adapter
- cup holder for lots of drinking and driving.

i used to own a custom car shop for years and cant wait to wait to build a complete dash/interior style like the post above me (wow wtf im nameless....very very nice)

next setup is in the works already....literally
- triple 24" monitors mounted on one adjustable stand.
- selling imac & getting gaming pc w/ 2 gpus and softth (anybody? its a month old? loaded.)
- Frex 2DOF pneumatic motion platform
- wiimote trackIR head tracking (for fun not racing)
- wind generators
- handbrake axis
- full dash and working guages with indash stereo/cd (off of 12volt psu)
- bigger cup holder.
Attached images
bass shakers.jpg
raceseat2.jpg
race  seat.jpg
Quote from RoadrunnerS :Found this nice cockpit :heyjoe67_ ]

is it me or are you advertising your Ferrari wheel here?

you also made the other thread about thw wheel...
Went to new house, so also got a new "Cockpit".

my epic fail-ish cockpit
OH MY GOD.
LOL! Awesome cockpit, jeff123! I love it
where can i get me one of em chairs and looks like you have saw dust everywhere.. either way totaly think your cockpit beats the rest
Look in an average furniture shop
I kinda like it now
Just need another chair, this one is too high D:
Here's my new setup, fresh out the wrapper. This was just a quicky to get it plugged in and working. Once I build another game pc, I'll move it away from my main desk.

a lot of you guys have the best cockpit possible

heres mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8mgCIFtPrI

cba to take a modern picture, so it has some updates such as a newmmniter under tmain one as lfsdash, a new set of nicer speakers along with theeether ones, with a subwoofer, new computer, nicer speakers replacing the grey ones.....and a worse fone then the alias, that snapped in half
i would never post it on facebook.....too many people would call me a nerd
My cockpit
Old easy chair got new life... now I only need better driving seat.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
-
(Zay) DELETED by Zay
Hopefully this will inspire someone to bulid their own. Simple design, Honda Prelude seat and a few bits of wood I found under the house. Total cost about $20. Modified speaker underneath (cone replaced by metal bar and fat washers) serves as a bass shaker, and the crash and skid sounds in LFS have been modfied to include a 60hz bass tone which sets off the shaker nicely. Screwed and glued and the whole thing is solid as a rock

I keep changing the design and having an open frame means this is quite easy to do. I put casters on it recently and changed the screen mount to move it a few cm closer to me, and the laptop shelf now folds flat alongside the frame so I can wheel it in and out of rooms when I need to. I also moved all the speakers so they are set in the corners of the room instead of right next to the rig. The final change was to make the monitor easy to remove (2 seconds) so that I can use the rig with a homemade projector (showing Monsters Inc on the pictures).
Attached images
RIMG1353.JPG
149_0002.JPG
149_0004.JPG
149_0006.jpg
Mega bump!

Got my R3volution yesterday, I've seen tanks that are less sturdy than this.
Attached images
2014-02-06.jpg
Some progress... acrylic table tops, triple mounts and A10 HOTAS mounts now installed. Throttle also works as a handy button box in sim racing, which is a nice bonus!

Still to decide on which triple 27" thin bezel monitors to get (some nice ones supposed to be coming later this year) along with a few other small bits and bobs.

i dont see bob or any speakers?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG