The online racing simulator
Would you go to the Inaugration?
(70 posts, started )
The recitation ****up was Justice Roberts' fault. He got the order of the words wrong, and it threw Obama off.

Not that it matters much.
Quote from Becky Rose :I dont know what he just did, but this was the first **** up of his precidency.

Well, giving the Presidential oath (?) he basically said "I Barack Hussain Obama execute.." and just lost his word.

^ ahaa, I see.
This is a rather interesting speech. Quite sombre but quite rousing.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :No. Obama isn't just going to be the first black president, but I bet he will be the first black president impeached. This guys isn't going to help us, but rather make more wars, and make more rumors of wars. So, if I had the opportunity, I think this would be a great time to move to Europe or Japan.

And that's why you're too young to vote. :doh:

I do think that Obama's stay will be shortened, though, but not by impeachment. It will probably be by some dopey douche-bag who has the mindset of Grip Driver (and probably highly racist, and an extreme bible thumper, too) with way too many kids and too little brains shooting him.
Quote from MAGGOT :And that's why you're too young to vote. :doh:

I do think that Obama's stay will be shortened, though, but not by impeachment. It will probably be by some dopey douche-bag who has the mindset of Grip Driver (and probably highly racist, and an extreme bible thumper, too) with way too many kids and too little brains shooting him.

They wouldn't get near him. His security team know that this will be one of the hardest jobs ever, but they are probably more than capable. That is, as long as the USA keep throwing money at it.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :No. Obama isn't just going to be the first black president, but I bet he will be the first black president impeached. This guys isn't going to help us, but rather make more wars, and make more rumors of wars. So, if I had the opportunity, I think this would be a great time to move to Europe or Japan.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :They wouldn't get near him. His security team know that this will be one of the hardest jobs ever, but they are probably more than capable. That is, as long as the USA keep throwing money at it.

Well, while they had almost 30 years to learn that presidents in convertables=BAD, somehow I think they did not learn their lesson.
Quote from somewhere in IRC :<user> all seems a load of bollocks to me
<user> zimbabwe have had a ****ing black president for years
<user> and he's shit

So true
I am soooo tempted to add GrIp DrIvEr to my ignored list after reading his posts in this thread... I'll hold off for now but it looks like he's bound to end up there sooner or later.

As for the question posed in the first post: not at all. Why would I bother when I can get a much better view of the whole thing at home from the comfort of my sofa?
#35 - 5haz
I never doubted the people of the US were open minded enough to select an ethnic minority as president. After all, they gave a mentally deficient cowboy two terms!
Quote from Becky Rose :Moving to an even more liberal country [name any European state] because your president is more liberal than your last one and you don't like that does not sound too good an idea to me.

Obama is the breath of fresh air the whole world needs, not just America. Having said that Tony Blair was the breath of fresh air that Britain needed in his first term, it was the second two that where the problem and defined his reign.

Obama may be a breath of fresh air, but the economic policies he is following is going to lead the states into a hyper-inflationary depression worse the 'Great Depression' if it isn't already on that course.

His actual economics policies only extend what Bush had already started.
Attached images
2mw7ct2.jpg
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :I think this would be a great time to move to Europe or Japan.

no thanks
Attached images
1231595256715.jpg
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :well, McCain would have been better. Besides, if he gets impeached, don't they get a new one right away? That's probably why they have a Vice President. Otherwise, I should be like wheel4hummer. I am not going to care anymore. I'll just live life.

McCain was just going for the money of the petroleum in Iraq and those countries, so where's the war? THERE!
Quote :the economic policies he is following is going to lead the states into a hyper-inflationary depression worse the 'Great Depression' if it isn't already on that course.

I know one thing about Obama's economic policies, and that's that I don't know anything about them. However I can guarantee, on the grounds that he is a politician, that whatever he said he was going to do is not what he will do and therefore no demonstrateable policy is yet to be defined and 'followed'.

I do think that he cant do worse than the other lot though, considering they caused this mess...
Yes I would have, and I wanted to at least go somewhere to watch it live, but I had to work.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :If you had the money, or lived near D.C. (in my case), would you go? Personally I'd say "Hell no" because of the temperature and various bad lucks i may come across in the wave of people, but now I'm feeling bad because i live so close and yet not using the opportunity to go. It's too late now though because it's around 10 AM and the place is pretty much overloaded already.

nah, pub sounds like more fun

say no to politics,

say no to religion

say yes to a nice ice cold drink.

Quote from Becky Rose :However I can guarantee, on the grounds that he is a politician, that whatever he said he was going to do is not what he will do and therefore no demonstrateable policy is yet to be defined and 'followed'.

That's pretty much what I think. Whether you agree with him politically, or not, he's not going to do most of the things he said he's going to do. Every president thinks that they will change the country. But, they never do. And when they do, it's a change for the worse.
Morning ladies,

Well, politician or not, it can't get much worse. Obama seems to at least search conversation with other countries, rather than ruling them all by sheer monetary and arms power. America shrunk down from a nuclear superpower to a country that has to admit its problems, as many others did long before.

Bush spent billions for his own personal goals. He "failed epically" (hate this term btw, but here it rather fits) and made every country know america as the land that doesn't care about anything but itself, in every way.

The new guy has to start from where Bush's administration had stopped. The latter hadn't changed anything for the good, in fact things went down the drain uncontrolled (ly?) for the last 1 1/2 years.

McCain would not have been the bad choice Bush was, still I think at the point where you have to rethink the whole politics of a country, Obama could bring a fresh scent of conversation between some countries. If he does not change anything I foresee the next 20-30 years of republican right-wing christian American warfare politics again...

Obama can't just get rid of all the problems by swinging his magic wand, greedy oil geeks, bank and stock managers and corrupt car companies now depend on money only the normal people and another very high public debt can give them what they so carelessly spent for whatever.

Aw, another gush of letters here, sorry. Let's hope for the best.

greetz

der haven't-even-had-coffee-yet-butz
And I quote.

"Quote from the mouth of Sen. Obama himself from Sundays Meet the
Press:

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as
taking sides, Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to
whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem
itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in
air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and
less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To
Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'We should
consider to reinvent our National Anthem as well as to redesign our
Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if
elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle
East Brethren. If we as a Nation of warring people, should conduct
ourselves as the nations of Islam, whereas peace prevails. Perhaps a
state or period of mutual concord between our governments. When I
become President, I will seek a pact or agreement to end hostilities
between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a
freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation have
placed upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice. My wife
disrespects the Flag for many personal reasons. Together she and I
have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past, many years
ago. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the
people a new path of hope. My wife and I look forward to becoming our
Country's First Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the
United States of America." unquote."
#48 - wien
Quote from runeman :And I quote.

Is that supposed to be sarcasm or something? You've got so many paranoid fear mongers that would believe every word of that over there, so it's kinda hard to tell.
Wien, be sillent!
We need America's fat ass as protection against the sovjet and crazy swedish bastards :hide:
Quote from runeman :And I quote.

You know when somebody tries to sell you London Bridge, you know it's not Tower Bridge right ?

The trick of a good lie is to make it 90% the truth. Obama worshipping Islam and burning the American flag is too far fetched. Now you might believe it, which would indeed place you on the Christian Right, or you might have thought it was funny, which would place you somewhere between odd and from Bavaria.

Would you go to the Inaugration?
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG