The online racing simulator
disabled driver with mouse problem
Hi guys

I have been playing lfs for yearsbut have just had to re-format my hard drive so lost everything on it. I downloaded the latest update and was quite upset because I can no longer play the game in my onlydriving style available to me which was entirely on the mouse.

I'm physically disabled and only able to use a mouse mouth control and on the older versions of LFS you could control the steering and acceleration/breaking on the mouse. It's the acceleration and breaking facility which has disappeared. I used to be able to push my control up to accelerate and pull back to break.

I have searched all the options but it's no longer available? Please could someone tell me I've missed it because I really love this game!

Thanks

Keith
I probably wont be able to help you, but wich LFS version was it before reformat?
Maybe it was the version before the clutch simulation was implemented and some drving aids were gone. it would be version Y, iirc.
I don't remember Which version I had. is it possible to download previous versions of the game?
I can't remember a time when you could push forward/pull back to accelerate and brake.

However, may be off topic, but may I suggest a gamepad or a joystick? They may work better for you if that's an option.
#5 - Byku
There was something like this possible... but when... in S1? You could try to download LFS from here http://www.chudy2001.yoyo.pl/
Scawen could implement this feature in the future :/... it was usefull for some.
Last time I was playing with LFS' settings (a few months ago), you could assign mouse axes to combined throttle/brake and steering. It was nigh-on impossible to drive using two different axes, but it was definitely working. I'm not sure how to go about doing it again, but it was definitely in version Z
Quote from spacman75 :Hi guys

...I'm physically disabled and only able to use a mouse mouth control and on the older versions of LFS you could control the steering and acceleration/breaking on the mouse. It's the acceleration and breaking facility which has disappeared. I used to be able to push my control up to accelerate and pull back to break....

Hi!
This option is still available, even in the testpatch version Z10.
Otions - Tab controls.

Select wheel / joystick instead of mouse
Then go to the tab Axes / FF
Select Throttle / Brake axes: Combined

Further down select steer=mouse X
Thr / Brk combined=mouse Y

Pics enclosed for more clarity.
This should work perfectly.
Good luck!
Attached images
Mouse steer setup 1.JPG
Mouse steer setup 2.JPG
#8 - lerts
do you know of head tracker trackir?, you control it with your head and has 6 different axes

there are also cheaper versions with webcam
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I can't remember a time when you could push forward/pull back to accelerate and brake.

However, may be off topic, but may I suggest a gamepad or a joystick? They may work better for you if that's an option.

Urm, you might want to re-read the first post... I highly doubt he'll be able to operate a gamepad or joystick with his mouth.

Spacman, I think I remember you from the old forums. I'm trying to remember what version you're thinking of, but Mille seams to have the solution your after.
Oshit - My bad dude. Missed that part.

Uhm....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG