The online racing simulator
Tattoo Thread
(117 posts, started )
Spoken from experience, eh Moose?
Quote from The Moose :Warning! Snorting Vaseline seriously f***s your nose up.

Keep your trap shut, you untattooed youngster :-)
We'll talk later, when you're finally 18!

greetz

der building-a-time-machine-butz
Quote from MAGGOT :What's wrong with tattoos?

Well...
  • They hurt a lot and cost a lot when they are set.
  • Same when they are removed. And they still leave scars.
  • The wearer himself often can't see them very well, and sometimes not at all.
  • The "meaningfulness" of the statement tends to wear off. The tattoo itself doesn't.
  • They're fashionable now. You'll probably be ashamed of them when tattoos go out of fashion.
Quote :The first one is the Latin phrase 'Tabula Rasa' which means 'Blank Slate.'

Ah, a tatto that invalidates itself by being placed. It's got a nice logical twist, I'll admit.
Quote :Get something that has real meaning for you, and you will enjoy it for your whole life.

I doubt it. If at age 20 I had written down 10 statements that were deep and meaningful to me, then at age 40 I would have discarded at least 5 of them as naive or hollow.
You're right on most of the things you stated.

My tattoo though has got a meaning for ME, I wear it mostly hidden, so if I don't want it to be seen not even my boss will know. I'm not ashamed of it and in summer everyone can clearly see it when I'm not at work.

Most of the people who ask what it means just get "parts of machinery" as an answer, closer friends could get a closer explanation.
I've had the idea to my tattoo when I was about 5 years old. In my head it was not a tattoo, it was just thoughts and anxieties. Still the theme fits perfectly (that's why I got it done 6 years ago) and I'm still afraid of the same things, as I'll always be.
For bystanders it's only a piece of art (or crap) on my arm. For me it's a meaningful part of myself I couldn't express in any other way.

greetz

der butz
I am 18, but once I get the money I will get a tatoo similar to this and it is to commemorate my faith in god! He saved my life from a very bad direction, got aressted and started doing bad things, but God pulled me out of it! http://images.military.com/Sho ... s/SA_tattoo_080227_4m.jpg

Although it will say IN God We Trust! and it wont be a dog tag, it will be a cross!
#31 - AMB
Quote from Riders Motion :lol AMB that would've been a good opotunity to start another account and tell that story so peoples have pity for you and get you in their team.

Twas an easy one.

I already have another account thanks, and that story was just made up because I was taking the mick out of him, anyone who believed I've had kids and a wife at the age of 17 are thick as shit.
Quote :Well i'm thinking of getting a Tattoo when I turn 18

Before I say this I would like to point out that I like tattoo's. I have one in a visible location.

Do NOT get a tattoo before the age of 25. Do you honestly believe the things that are important to you now and the statements you want to make will be ones that matter to you in 5 years, let alone 40?

If you had chosen a tattoo 5 years ago my guess is it would be Star Wars related, in 5 years time it's going to be something else.

It's fine to want a tattoo and like them but not have one. I wanted a tattoo from my college days when I was 18/19 or so, but I didnt get my first one until into my 30's. I am so glad I didnt get that skull with the rose in it's mouth that I at first wanted, I was a rocker see... I still am, but it's not a statement i'd like to have plastered all over my body now.

I'm getting another tattoo soon, i've known what I have wanted for nearly a full year and I am still keen to have it. When the year is up, i'll get it.
Quote from Becky Rose :Before I say this I would like to point out that I like tattoo's. I have one in a visible location.

Do NOT get a tattoo before the age of 25. Do you honestly believe the things that are important to you now and the statements you want to make will be ones that matter to you in 5 years, let alone 40?

If you had chosen a tattoo 5 years ago my guess is it would be Star Wars related, in 5 years time it's going to be something else.

It's fine to want a tattoo and like them but not have one. I wanted a tattoo from my college days when I was 18/19 or so, but I didnt get my first one until into my 30's. I am so glad I didnt get that skull with the rose in it's mouth that I at first wanted, I was a rocker see... I still am, but it's not a statement i'd like to have plastered all over my body now.

I'm getting another tattoo soon, i've known what I have wanted for nearly a full year and I am still keen to have it. When the year is up, i'll get it.

Becky...Even in my case you'd say no? It wont be visible on my right shoulder!?
it's you who wants to get it - how can someone else hinder you?

I'd not want to get this... Albrecht Dürer's hands are everywhere, plus the line "in god we trust" is something that can be discussed somewhere else...and is on American money, which has nothing to do with god.

As many people here say: Think of it, try something non-permanent with the picture you want, look at yourself, make really really sure if you want to have it done forever (nothing wrong with belief in something). Then - maybe after thinking about it for a long time - get it done!

greetz

der butz
I see, but how can i get an non-permanent one? so that i can see what it would look like?
Some places do semi-permanent ones. Not Henna, proper inking, but I don't think they do it as deep. Lasts a few months I believe. I've not managed to find anywhere that does it though.

There's a tattoo I've wanted for years (a big one across my back), but it's too expensive for me to even think about, and it would affect the parts I could be offered in films and stuff. I'm now thinking of getting a smaller one on my wrist which would be a lot easier to cover up if I had to.
Easiest would be some transfer foil. You can get these tattoo-foils from ebay or different online shops. Just put them in your printer, print your motive and transfer it to your skin. These things last for a few days.

Non-permanent tattoos are a myth, either you have a bleached image for the rest of your life or it goes off after a few days/weeks. Everyone knows of those non-perm things, none of us knows who makes them... If there is ink transferred into your skin it's permanent.

greetz

der butz
#38 - JJ72
Quote from greg_slideways :I see, but how can i get an non-permanent one? so that i can see what it would look like?

argh that's what I did, i got one non-permanent one which last for 3 months, then decide whether I want to live with it. I am glad I did that though because I decided not to keep it.

just ask for a non-permanent tatto, its cheaper as well.
Quote :Becky...Even in my case you'd say no? It wont be visible on my right shoulder!?

Definitely not in your case, last I read from your personal threads over the last half year you are going through quite a massive "discovering yourself" kind of phase. Once you are done with that is the time to think about a tattoo.

And like i've been doing I strongly suggest that when you decide on a tattoo you then wait a year before going ahead. 1 year out of 80 odd isn't a long wait.

I know so many people that got tattoo's without thinking it through, some didnt regret it for months, but once they did they regretted it for life.

I know one girl who has the most aweful giant sun motive on her lower right back. It's horrid, but it's the only way she could cover up the written record of a holiday romance.

You have your whole life to lead, you're not even 20, let alone 25. Think about how much growing you have done in your life already do you really think the things that matter to you now will matter in a few years time? Like I suggested to AMD to do, think what tattoo you would have gotten if you had one 5 years ago and decide whether you could still live with that?

-*-

When you have a tattoo made you make a statement about yourself, it's an expression from your heart about who you are. That changes as you go through life, consequently you update your expression with more tattoo's as time goes by. If you start now the expressions you make at a young age will be so woefully incorrect about you in later stages of your life that you will get an ever increasing number of tattoo's to express the newer you in relation to the quantity of old tattoo's.

Tattoo's are often described as "addictive".

Being heavily tattoo'd will effect your prospects for legitimate work, and how identifyable you are when you commit a crime. It closes doors.

Having one or two small tattoo's these days is not considered taboo any more, but going overboard is.

Make sure that the expression you write on to your body is one you want to life with for life, by living with the decision to have that design for a whole year. If you change the design, change the date the year started from too.

I would recommend anyone away from tattoo's until much later in life. At least 25 as I said earlier, although ideally much later still. And *NEVER* get one with a partner, it's your body, not hers.

my sis got a tatoo about a year ago of my nefue's name, harrison, on the underside of her left lower arm, this is stupid for several reasons:

1: she works in banking and has to wear long sleeve shirts all the time
2: what if my sister has another kid???
3: what will he think we he understands what it is etc

to stop any confusion i will point out at this point that i have 2 sisters, harrison is not the sisters in questions child as she cant have kids

we tryed telling her but typically didnt listen so now i take the piss out of her aout it quite regulaly
I think that's really nice, and she' got another arm yet to make room for another and if your family goes all catholic there's plenty of room on the legs.
lolz, i think this will suit you

tbh this wouldn´t even be a very bad tattoo.
just without the "fail whale"
I personally never felt the urge to get tattooed or pierced, but I have nothing against them per se.

It's just that when I see most tatoos, I find them stupid because they are permanent statements of temporal emotions, and most tatooed people I know started to regret them quite early, especially if the tattoo had somehting to do with their love life.

So if you really want to have a tattoo, go for something that is timeless, both in design and in message, like the tattoo my brother got. He was singer of a punkband, and got a beautiful mixture of tones, flames and stars etc. on his lower leg, so it just shows his passion for music, without being specific. That way, it still fits if his taste in music changes.

On a sidenote: I'd go for a heart with a "your name" ribbon on the upper arm :P
Quote :I think that's really nice, and she' got another arm yet to make room for another and if your family goes all catholic there's plenty of room on the legs.

lol but imagine being him when he finds out, how bloody inbarasing, and its not small either, it her full lower arm underneath
Quote from james12s :lol but imagine being him when he finds out, how bloody inbarasing, and its not small either, it her full lower arm underneath

I'd be flattered.
lol
tattoos fail.

I don't like em.
#49 - AMB
Quote from Becky Rose :Snip

The tattoo i'm getting will not have a gf's name on or anything etc so I think I will be ok, also it will be on my back, so not really visible until I take my top off
Quote from wsinda :Well...
  • They hurt a lot and cost a lot when they are set.
  • Same when they are removed. And they still leave scars.
  • The wearer himself often can't see them very well, and sometimes not at all.
  • The "meaningfulness" of the statement tends to wear off. The tattoo itself doesn't.
  • They're fashionable now. You'll probably be ashamed of them when tattoos go out of fashion.

These are all subjective points.

Quote :
Ah, a tatto that invalidates itself by being placed. It's got a nice logical twist, I'll admit.

How does it invalidate itself? The phrase is about choosing your own actions and deciding your own course.

Tattoo Thread
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG