The online racing simulator
Tattoo Thread
(117 posts, started )
#1 - AMB
Tattoo Thread
Well i'm thinking of getting a Tattoo when I turn 18, I have one in mind it can be found here http://i95.photobucket.com/alb ... /rhykno6/aleksbackna0.jpg on the back it sais something to do with fortune favours something, I like it a lot, Just wondering if any of you consider having a tattoo or already have one.
Got 14 in all.....all over, arms, legs and chest!
#3 - AMB
Serious ? :o

What design or what they say?
They say 'Look at me I spent my first 2 years of salary on painting my body it'S cool eh?'
Main ones:
Eagle (Upper right arm)
Panther (Left forearm)
Dove (Inside left forearm)
Black Widow (Right forearm)
Heart and Flowers (chest)
'Lucky Number 7' design..(Left calf)
"I hate silly Canadians" (on Riders Motion's forehead)
"HMS" on my willy...when girls ask if I was in the Navy, I just tell them: "No...but get me excited and it spells where I was born...Hammersmith!"
Quote from Bladerunner :Main ones:
Eagle (Upper right arm)
Panther (Left forearm)
Dove (Inside left forearm)
Black Widow (Right forearm)
Heart and Flowers (chest)
'Lucky Number 7' design..(Left calf)
"I hate silly Canadians" (on Riders Motion's forehead)
"HMS" on my willy...when girls ask if I was in the Navy, I just tell them: "No...but get me excited and it spells where I was born...Hammersmith!"

Dude, a tattoo isn't something to just get. It must be based on a something that happened in your life. Well, that's the proper thing to do here in America.
#8 - AMB
Yes, My wife and kids died in a horrific crash, i'm going to get the Grim Reaper because he took them from me.
Quote from AMB :Yes, My wife and kids died in a horrific crash, i'm going to get the Grim Reaper because he took them from me.

I'm sorry to here that. Wait, did that happen? Anyway yeah, if your wife and kids died, people usually get a tattoo of them since it was something bad that happened in their life.
#10 - AMB
Yes, basically it's a long story but it involved a lot of planning and a lot of acting when the police arrived to interview me about the deaths.

To this day I thought I could of made a better story up.
Quote from AMB :Yes, basically it's a long story but it involved a lot of planning and a lot of acting when the police arrived to interview me about the deaths.

To this day I thought I could of made a better story up.

wow dude. im soooooo sorry to hear that. death sucks.
he's 17, and you're an idiot AMB, if you're getting a tatto
lol AMB that would've been a good opotunity to start another account and tell that story so peoples have pity for you and get you in their team.

Twas an easy one.
Quote from AMB :Well i'm thinking of getting a Tattoo when I turn 18, I have one in mind it can be found here http://i95.photobucket.com/alb ... /rhykno6/aleksbackna0.jpg on the back it sais something to do with fortune favours something, I like it a lot, Just wondering if any of you consider having a tattoo or already have one.

Don't just pick something you saw on the internet, get something that means something to you.

Quote from chanoman315 :he's 17, and you're an idiot AMB, if you're getting a tatto

What's wrong with tattoos?

I, personally, do not yet have any tats. This summer, though, I will be getting at least 2 -

The first one is the Latin phrase 'Tabula Rasa' which means 'Blank Slate.' Look it up for deeper meanings.

The second is an image of a medieval style map with the text 'hic sunt dracones' written over it. I haven't finalised all the details of it, yet, though. This one does have metaphoric meaning for myself, as well.

A third one I'll be getting will be another quote (possibly Latin as well) which I have yet to decide upon, but there's a few I have in mind.

In any case, don't just get a tattoo because you turn 18, and don't just get a tattoo that you saw on the internet. You will regret it. Get something that has real meaning for you, and you will enjoy it for your whole life.
I want to get a tattoo. It's probably going to be a Tux tattoo. Or something nerdy. Like this:
#16 - SamH
I don't have any tattoos.

Tattoos are a completely self-defeating paradox.. they're supposed to be an expression of the individual's personality, experience or emotion, but the fact is that this representation of that intimate expression is always "performed" by someone else, who isn't you and doesn't have the experience that the tattoo is supposed to be conveying.

To me the idea of carrying someone else's interpretation of something that is personal and intimate to me is just a nonsense.

If you're gonna get a tattoo, I'd suggest that in every sense of the adage, "be careful what you wish for":-

One of my friends decided to get a tatty and I tried to make her understand that she'll probably regret it. So then I told her to get it in an easy to cover location (my mother made wedding dresses and I saw a lot get ruined because they had to have bits added here and there to hid tats). In the end she chose the back of her neck (silly place) but I digress.

The only sane thing she did was not choose a persons name, a band, trebles, whatever and went with a Latin word I picked that sort of summed her up. She is an artist and it means painter.

But honestly, I still think it was a silly move, much like the labret piercing which she did realise was daft and has now removed leaving a hole in her face.
Attached images
0927081330.jpg
Im gonna get this,coz im part of the hard
Attached images
moh-2.gif.jpg
#19 - Woz
I got my first as I turned 40. Will prob get some more at some point.

Just make sure the design is what you REALLY want. Don't pick something because it looks cool. You will have to live with it forever. Just remember that the mental space you live later in life is VERY different to where you are now. You might think you will not change but you will and it is impossible to say how.

Pick a design that you feel you can be proud of, you will have it for life. If it will be visible really make sure as it will effect how people will interact with you. Once you have a design you think you like wait and check you still like 2+ weeks later.

I am glad I had mine done!
#20 - SamH
Quote from Woz :it will effect how people will interact with you.

QFT. It's quite a while (10 years) since I worked full time as a recruitment consultant but I never managed to place an engineer with visible tattoos, ever.
Quote from Woz :I got my first as I turned 40. Will prob get some more at some point.

Just make sure the design is what you REALLY want. Don't pick something because it looks cool. You will have to live with it forever. Just remember that the mental space you live later in life is VERY different to where you are now. You might think you will not change but you will and it is impossible to say how.

Pick a design that you feel you can be proud of, you will have it for life. If it will be visible really make sure as it will effect how people will interact with you. Once you have a design you think you like wait and check you still like 2+ weeks later.

I am glad I had mine done!

+1!

Plus: make yourself clear that

a) depending on where you'll get it and how much of a tough guy you are it will hurt like hell. For me the hardest bit was in the crook of the arm (sp?), that's where a lot of nerves go through. the elbow (bone) made my head shake while the needles went in, but that was quite okay. Note that there is no proper painkiller available. Alcohol seems easy, but it thins your blood and makes you bleed like a pig. I've heard of a mixture of vaseline and cocaine, supposed to muffle the pain, but well....

b) it will stay there for the whole rest of your life. Most people seem to not know that. For EVER you know. There will never be surgery that can get the thing off without leaving you scarred (this looks more terrible than a badly drawn tattoo, I've seen it!)

c) you might have to visit ten or more artists and check if they can do your kind of style, if they work sterile and so on.

d) paint the tattoo yourself. There can be no bigger embarrassment than seeing the tattoo you have on someone else near some pool. Put the thing on your skin somehow (edding is nice), watch yourself in the mirror a few days and get a feel. If you still like it after 2-3 days (it might be more grey than black by then, that's okay. should look like 10 years old now) then get it done properly.

e) an Arm costs about 1000 to 1500€ here, depending on the time it takes. full back might be much more. Ah wait, every tattooer can do a skull and some "bad" words in a minute since those guys have to do this all the time. You could get a rose for a tenner, but again see d).

greetz

der butz
I wouldn't get a tattoo, either, for those who wouldn't get one. What I would get though is a piercing. I want the top of my left ear peirced, and maybe my left eyebrow. Sorry to go off topic BTW.
I have a tattoo that go's from the top of my shoulder down to my elbow. One of the main reasons i got it when i did was because they were fashionable at the time, it's a tribal design.
This is a very silly reason to have one, and a lot of thought should be had before actually having any work done.
I got lucky, a member of my family is a tattoo artist and he did the pattern on my arm 'on the fly', so i know i'm the only person in the world to have it. And i don't regret having it at all, as i still really like it. But i could very easily regret having it due to the reasons i had it.
I will be having more though, i'm getting married this year and i will be having some work done to commemorate that.
#24 - Woz
Quote from der butz :depending on where you'll get it and how much of a tough guy you are it will hurt like hell. For me the hardest bit was in the crook of the arm (sp?), that's where a lot of nerves go through. the elbow (bone) made my head shake while the needles went in, but that was quite okay. Note that there is no proper painkiller available. Alcohol seems easy, but it thins your blood and makes you bleed like a pig. I've heard of a mixture of vaseline and cocaine, supposed to muffle the pain, but well....

Anywhere that is close to the bone hurts. Mine runs up my chest, across the collar bone, over the shoulder and down the top of my arm.

I had no idea what to expect going in. As soon as I felt the first bite of the gun I questioned my sanity

3 hours if INTENSE pain is all I can say which I just had to ride out.

Mine is heavy black so most areas were gone over about 3 times to get the colour depth. The collar bone area was left bruised afterwards, felt like it was through to the bone as the skin is thin there.

NZ has one of the highest rates of tattoo per capita. I am thinking of the traditional way for the next but know that will really hurt
Quote from der butz : I've heard of a mixture of vaseline and cocaine, supposed to muffle the pain, but well....

Warning! Snorting Vaseline seriously f***s your nose up.

Tattoo Thread
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG