The online racing simulator
#1 - lerts
best pb 1:12 low on a server while wr at 1:12 high
i got amazed when i saw best laps on demo blackwood server there were many on the 12 low while wr is 12 high

how comes?
Haxorz. But since WR is 1:12.0X, it's possible to made better.
#3 - AMB
The WR is a low 12, they are fast because that is the only combo they race.
If you're looking at online stats it can also be cutting and wind.
It's also possible to draft.
It is also possible that people can beat wr times but are not that interested in uploading hotlaps.
Quote : It's also possible to draft.

Yup, it is certainely draft or taking a shortcut (drive on the grass for exemple, which can sometimes help you to make a better time, but then the replay couldn't be sent on lfsworld)
It's possible to smash any WR time online due to any combination of factors.

Check my XFG / AS Club PB for details
AMB is right, they only have that combo, they can't suck.
Quote from JO53PHS :It's possible to smash any WR time online due to any combination of factors.

Roflz, I saw that happen! Sly bastarrdd!
Quote from chanoman315 :AMB is right, they only have that combo, they can't suck.

Mmmhm, on top of that, drafting comes into play, as said elsewhere, which obviously can't happen during hotlapping, and the wind is also a pretty large factor, as again you can't have any wind in hotlap mode.
#13 - AMB
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Mmmhm, on top of that, drafting comes into play, as said elsewhere, which obviously can't happen during hotlapping, and the wind is also a pretty large factor, as again you can't have any wind in hotlap mode.

Aswell as some demo drivers have the tendancy to skip the first chicane to gain good laps.
Quote from AMB :Aswell as some demo drivers have the tendancy to skip the first chicane to gain good laps.

u cant skip the first chicane .. not with some slicks at least.

i say that they did some Bumpdrafting ..... that awesome oval technique makes u do like 225+ on the BL straight
#15 - AMB
Quote from el pibe :u cant skip the first chicane .. not with some slicks at least.

i say that they did some Bumpdrafting ..... that awesome oval technique makes u do like 225+ on the BL straight

Yes you can skip it actually in ANY car, i've tried it myself.
you can but it is very risky.. you gain very little time.. trust me , i was a demo till last year and i tried lots of times with the FBM and didnt work coz it had slicks
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Mmmhm, on top of that, drafting comes into play, as said elsewhere, which obviously can't happen during hotlapping, and the wind is also a pretty large factor, as again you can't have any wind in hotlap mode.

All of the above like you said.

But I've also heard rumors of drivers, very fast drivers, that don't upload Hot Laps because it will reveal their spring rates and some other expose able setup configurations when they do. Makes a lot of sense to me if they have put a lot of work into these settings.

But still a large portion of it is the combos they are limited to.

jay
Actually, they can do 1:11.xx easily...

- bumping at straight
- shortcutting on tire obstacles (needs a bit lucky)
- drafting before finish line

Yea I know sounds at huge fake, but I think they have planned it.

hmmm have to try it today, I got an inspiration!
I made 00 : 13 : 17 with XRT @ 8 Line Drag ... is that good?
My previous PB was 13.06-13.10, but i ruined it with a Tweak try (got 12.75) slightly fastet XRT only.

I still have the original spr tho. I was a drager and have still those wonderful sets. If you want to drive, PM me.
Quote from AMB :Yes you can skip it actually in ANY car, i've tried it myself.

I'm not sure which cut you mean, but to go around chicane from left is never as fast as going trough with FBM. Even if you are very very lucky to not hit wall/tires/blocks, you are entering the long straight from grass losing lot of acceleration speed. I think if you would be very very lucky with the cut, you can get just about 0.2-0.5s penalty at straight end (vs aggressive-but-clean chicane driving).

I have seen different thing at demo servers... ending the lap in pit-lane with ignoring 80km/h speed limit, that's definitely faster.

Anyway, 12 low is well possible with drafting, if others are cooperating. By ordinary overtake you would need to be lucky to gain time, usually you gain some speed, but the overtake itself includes serious time penalty to make this advantage void. Only in rare occasions the overtake maneuver happens in the "sweet" spot when you get very little time penalty, but lot of speed boost, so in the end you profit. But some people simply CAN do lap under 12.5. (not me, I'm stuck around 12.9 and happy with any 12)
Quote from JO53PHS :

Hey, how did you do that?

also check my Drag strip times and my UF1/Oval time
Ginho, you fail hard
I call it win
Quote from AMB :Yes you can skip it actually in ANY car, i've tried it myself.

haha want to see 23:4x or 5x by that LOL
BTW if someone say 1:11 is easy he never raced fbm or he is bawbag ... I know just one super person who is now playing bl gp (trismo,trema,tasuma) he made 1:12:2 with draft and he is the best on the scene now... Maybe he would make under 1:12 but with lucks and chance of make that is 0.0xxxxx% I think real good driver give the setup to everyone maybe just oval not. Nobody would be better than he with setup because setup is a part of work... Trismo gave setup to everyone and i dont see anyone faster

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG