The online racing simulator
Have you got rythm?
(37 posts, started )
Have you got rythm?
If you've got a spare minute, would you mind having a bash at this little game I made

It's just an experiment to see if you can keep in time with the beat. If you're off by more than a tenth of a second then it's game over, and the closer you are, the bigger your score. As you play, the visual aids gradually disappear to make it a bit more difficult (although from what I've heard so far it seems a lot of people are more successful with their eyes closed).

I'm just after a bit of feedback really, so any comments good or bad would be appreciated
the gradual disappearing is a bit fast.
avg miss 0.03
avg miss of 0.04 with a score of 5725.

good idea imo, though I might be able to do better when I'm not completely sleep deprived.

Just did it again with avg of 0.03.
Your score: 18.141
Number of beats: 29
Average miss: 0.04

I don't play with sound, are there some sort of sound on this gameo or?
clicked at - .103
score - 29,056
no. beats - 42
av miss - .03
eyes open: 0

closed: 0.889-25.774-19-0.02
go figure.
Score: 11,713
Beats: 19
Avg Miss: 0.04

Score: 15,566
Beats: 38
Avg Miss: 0.04

Does that meen I can drum for Psychotropic now?
Beats: 35

Nice idea!
Score: 44,146
Beats: 51
Average miss: 0.03

I didn't actually think I had any rythm though :|

Edit: 2nd try

Helps with eyes closed

Edit: 3rd try

I quit, this is addictive! nice game :>
Quote from durbster :If you've got a spare minute, would you mind having a bash at this little game I made

It's just an experiment to see if you can keep in time with the beat. If you're off by more than a tenth of a second then it's game over, and the closer you are, the bigger your score. As you play, the visual aids gradually disappear to make it a bit more difficult (although from what I've heard so far it seems a lot of people are more successful with their eyes closed).

I'm just after a bit of feedback really, so any comments good or bad would be appreciated

Would help if the beat was regular. It's way off, I can hear it. It's impossible to keep time with it.

Ok. problem solved I had something running in the background that was affecting it.. anyway:

Score: 50,156
Beats: 91
Average Miss: 0.03

Then I got bored and got distracted.
Attached images
gezmoor.jpg
Ok gave it a propper go this time.. and I really got bored and gave up in the end

Score: 168,765
Beats: 339
Av Miss: 0.03

Edited to add - can you knock up a harder version with half the tolerance? ie 0.05+ sec and your out 0.1 sec is too easy.
Attached images
gezmoor2.jpg
I think there might be a bug or something, I'm getting random 0.8xx miss hits.

Also, could you make the beat count if you hit the space bar?
@The Very End
There is one sound - a drum that plays to the rythm you have to match.

@Becky
If Psychotropic songs are 38 seconds long - the jobs yours

@gezmoor:

339!? Wow. I never expected anyone to get up that high so it doesn't really do anything beyond 50

@RiGun
I could map it to a key - good idea. Not sure if I understand the bug you mentioned. You have to be between 0.9s and 1.1s to count.
Quote from durbster :
@gezmoor:

339!? Wow. I never expected anyone to get up that high so it doesn't really do anything beyond 50

Well.. wouldn't be much of a drummer if I couldn't hold a beat for more than 50 beats !
avg miss 0.02

boring game
got 63000
.. ended when clicked right button instead of left one!

average miss 0.03
number of beats 63
Quote from durbster :@RiGun
I could map it to a key - good idea. Not sure if I understand the bug you mentioned. You have to be between 0.9s and 1.1s to count.

Ah, now I get it, was hitting the beat before time and the time counter doesn't keep track of the next beat, what I mean is that it would be nice to have a negative time if you hit it before you have to.

Damn I'm bad at timing
Rhythm
Your score: 67,678
Number of beats: 78
Average miss: 0.01

And thats why im a drummer (took me a while to get 0.01 though)
Quote from 91mason91 :Your score: 67,678

I thought that dummers never know when to come in!

I'm impressed
It's great to know the drummers are the best. At least that gives it some sort of validity

Thanks a lot for all the comments, much appreciated.

J@tko, I'm normally a pedant. Damn you

@smurfen - I agree it is lacking a bit of excitement. I'll try and think of some way of developing the premise into something more interesting.
It got sound, epic! Will try when I'm on my computer!
A mouse is not the right thing for this, at least it doesn't fit me. Can use my hand+table much better. 0.04

Best of 0.006
Quote from 91mason91 :Your score: 67,678

Hmmm, I got a higher score with a lower number of beats and a higher average miss... how does that add up?

Have you got rythm?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG