The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco textures continued....
Since I'm on this VW texture marathon, I thought I'd also include a tire texture too

As far as I can tell from the pics I've found on the web, the Scirocco comes with Dunlop SP Sport 01's as OEM tires, so......
Quote from LFSn00b :I'd say make it a bit darker(or make it look like it has more depth) and it will look neater.

I agree...I wasn't too happy with my first attempt

How's this? Played around with brightness/contrast a bit

Quote from luathas :I agree...I wasn't too happy with my first attempt

How's this? Played around with brightness/contrast a bit

wow looks better now, but maybe you can give it a bit more deepness?
Looks almost "poifect" to me But isn't it true that you can only have 1 type of tyre tread per tyre type in LFS, and not different ones for different cars? That's a real shame IMO, 'cause there are other tyre tread textures that are also very well done, but not always suited for certain types of cars. If I'm wrong please tell me
Dunlop SP Sport 01's re-worked!!
added shadows to give the tread a more 3D look.....also added texture to the tread blocks and wear bars
I wonder how fine these details can get?
It just keeps getting better and better! Amazing work luathas!
Im totally stunned by the quality of the work you continue to pump out man, i would seriously ask you to take a look at the other cars after the VWS, and see what can be done to those aswell.
Dunlop SP Sport 01's continued
Added some more details to the tire tread, and I replicated the sidewall
That looks amazing! But for the love of god turn up the AA!!!
Another modified texture
I didn't want to start another thread for this, so I'll just throw it in here

Noticed there were 2 lines of stitching on the shifter boot. This is for the DSG transmission. The manual seems to only have 1 line of stitching (according to the pics I found) So I modified the stitching and made it white
Quote from luathas :Added some more details to the tire tread, and I replicated the sidewall

Very nice. But since when do we have cars with square wheels?
Quote from Bose321 :Very nice. But since when do we have cars with square wheels?

since when is a shape with alot more than 4 sides a square?
Quote from Bose321 :Very nice. But since when do we have cars with square wheels?

If you mean the back of the wheel, it dissapears into the arch lining. Common fault on pretty much all the non open wheelers in LFS.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :If you mean the back of the wheel, it dissapears into the arch lining. Common fault on pretty much all the non open wheelers in LFS.

He was referring to the "lack of AA" in the posted screenshot, resulting in the wheel (tyre) being uhm... not very round
Oh, well it look round enough to me...
Quote from obsolum :He was referring to the "lack of AA" in the posted screenshot, resulting in the wheel (tyre) being uhm... not very round

If you and shiny_red_cobra knew anything about AA then you could tell that that's no AA problem (it's maxxed out in fact), but just the model that simply has no more polygons than that... :doh:
Oh i understand now. You guys meant the angled edge around the wheel. As bbman said, its just the lack of polygons.
Quote from bbman :If you and shiny_red_cobra knew anything about AA then you could tell that that's no AA problem (it's maxxed out in fact), but just the model that simply has no more polygons than that... :doh:

And if you had read this thread yesterday you would not be saying that to me. luathas replaced the pic, but he had one without AA and it looked like crap with the AA off. I know exactly what AA is, and yes I also know the tires are not perfectly round in LFS due to a lack of polygons. I was referring to the RIMS of the wheel. Do not accuse people when you have no idea what I was talking about. I hate when people do that.
Quote from Scatter :I wonder how fine these details can get?
It just keeps getting better and better! Amazing work luathas!

How about some tire mold marks
Give it up luathas, you just don`t have a clue about this whole texturing thing, have you?
Dunlop SP Sport 01 again!!!
I improved the look of the sidewall

Problem is now, in different lighting conditions, the sidewall colour doesn't match the rest of the tire

i.e. I matched the sidewall printing to the colour of the rest of the tire, on a cloudy afternoon setting, and it looks good, but during a sunset or clear day, it doesn't look as good
Quote from luathas :I improved the look of the sidewall

Problem is now, in different lighting conditions, the sidewall colour doesn't match the rest of the tire

i.e. I matched the sidewall printing to the colour of the rest of the tire, on a cloudy afternoon setting, and it looks good, but during a sunset or clear day, it doesn't look as good

why did the rims change?
there not VW rims in this pic
So? Those are FXO rims. He's trying to get the tire that the VW uses to look like the actual thing. Remember, tire treads and sidewalls can be shared by any car that uses the type of tire it was made on.
Yet more texture updates!!
Still working on the VW Scirocco textures

This time around, I've tackled the seatbelts
Awesome man.

VW Scirocco textures continued....
(118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG