The online racing simulator
Who is the stig? *Spoilers?*
(44 posts, started )
#2 - JJ72
why all the interest in who he really is?
lol because they keep it a secret i mean if we knew who he was and they didnt hide it who would care???

people allways want/ what they cant have same goes with infomation
The Stig is just so cool because he is unkown, well allot of people will know him but don't know he's The Stig. Just keep it that way, else it wouldn't be fun anymore!
prety legit actually i read his book abgout being ''tv's the STIG''
#6 - STF
lol, i thought his identity is common knowledge.
Didn`t he appear unmasked in the episode where a chap parachutes into a moving car, in another where a Mitsubishi Evo is driven down a hillside against a guy on a long board..? hint hint.
Anyway, for those interested, read the HSE report into Hammond's crash, where it refers to the racing driver by name as having been on site in his role as a permanent consultant to Top Gear.
but not everyone is really interested.
#7 - DeKo
was sure its ben collins, and that picture of the stig does look like him a fair bit.

and dont moan that i posted it, there is *spoilers* in the thread title, if people dont want to know who it is, they shouldnt have come into the thread.
Who the Stig is is probably the worse kept secret on TV
#9 - DeKo
Quote from Intrepid :Who the Stig is is probably the worse kept secret on TV

it is now, it never used to be though. before hammonds crash nobody had a clue. (well, obviously about mccarthy, but they fired him off the end of an aircract carrier because he admitted it)

some say, the stig is James May's race driving alter-ego....
Quote from DeKo :was sure its ben collins, and that picture of the stig does look like him a fair bit.

and dont moan that i posted it, there is *spoilers* in the thread title, if people dont want to know who it is, they shouldnt have come into the thread.

+1
Quote from HSE report :....to ask BC, who worked closely with Top Gear as a high performance driver and consultant,......

I would guess that NOTW used the exact same photo to stick his 'eyes' in the helmet!

As you said...title DOES say spoilers!
Quote from DeKo :it is now, it never used to be though. before hammonds crash nobody had a clue. (well, obviously about mccarthy, but they fired him off the end of an aircract carrier because he admitted it)

some say, the stig is James May's race driving alter-ego....

not true at all! about 80% of the motor racing community knew who it was before the crash! Well Ben doesn't ALWAYS do the supercar runs tho
#12 - DeKo
Quote from Intrepid :not true at all! about 80% of the motor racing community knew who it was before the crash! Well Ben doesn't ALWAYS do the supercar runs tho

which probably makes up less than 1% of the population.
Quote from DeKo :which probably makes up less than 1% of the population.

fair point
Quote from DeKo :was sure its ben collins, and that picture of the stig does look like him a fair bit.

Holly cheap photoshop tricks, Batman!
Quote from squidhead :Holly cheap photoshop tricks, Batman!

If it was Photoshopped, it was the News of the Screws what done it...thats the pic that was on their website...and as for the BC info, just google for HSE (Health & Safety Executive) and Hammonds crash...teh troofs is out there!
guys there is more than one person that is the stig its the only possible way of keeping it secret these days seeing Top Gear is so popular
I wouldn't believe a thing News of the World propagates as 'fact'........
This sort of thing is for the kiddies who like the idea that "The Stig" really is this one man whose only purpose in life is driving fast cars and when he's not doing that he's kept in cryo-stasis by Jeremy amongst a fleet of hyper cars in a concrete bunker beneath Nürburg Castle............. and for those who don't realise the whole point of having "The Stig" is that you can't have the same driver behind the wheel of every car every time, but it's good to pretend to.

the stig pic looks ps'd to me
#22 - DeKo
of course its bloody photoshopped, it says so in the article, they just gave away the eyes to make people a bit curious. i never said it wasnt PS'd, if you had bothered your arse reading that article you would know that.

Congratulation Mr Obvious "looks photoshopped, i know because of the pixels and seeing a few 'shops in my time" guy
not at all, its ps'd in the way that id say its one of their employyes, and i did read it, but isuppose its more fun to wind you up then actually try and make sense...

Boobs.
I would like to know which guys played all the other Stigs cousins and brothers (Rig Stig, American Stig, Nike-footed Stig etc).
I remember reading that some of the super car testings were made by special drivers, Ferrari send their own iirc and one privatly owned car (the SLR?) was said to be actually been driven by its owner.
And who played Stiggi on his public transport journey
Rig Stig was Stuart Oliver, truck racer and former BTCC rolling chicane. Can't remember the source though.

As for manufacturers providing their own drivers, when the MC12 was tested The Stig was Frank Mountain (the owner of the car, he also owns an ex-Ferrari F1 car), and Heikki Kovalainen (when he was the Renault tester and did GP2) drove the Renault F1 car.

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG