The online racing simulator
Tune For Speed
(47 posts, started )
In theory, maybe. In practice, no.

Have you ever seen someone asking for a setup for a track? Yes.
Have you ever seen someone point someone else to the Inferno website? Yes.
Have you ever seen someone complain that they can't drive the Inferno setups? Probably.

Those 3 things lead me to the following conclusion:

People want the idea of the "best" setup. So irrelevant of whether they can actually drive it or not, they think that just because someone got a WR time with that set that makes it the best in the world.

Most of the time the changes they make are only to tyre pressures to make them last a few more laps. Maybe tyre type on the slick-enabled cars.

And that's a whole issue of driving STYLE. Tuning and modifying are entirely different.

If you can say to someone "hey, this car has 150hp at 2500rpm coming into the Blackwood straight" when someone else is going "mine only gets 100hp at the same time" there is no reason to choose the second setup. The kind of person who thinks like this is not the kind of person to think about whether they're actually AT 2500rpm at that exact moment.
That's the same person who uses the Inferno setups and will complain their time isn't even close to the WR, not thinking that it's down to their driving style ("I followed the line exactly" etc). They don't change the settings because they don't know what they do and they don't want to risk "messing it up" and they're not really interested in learning.

THAT's the average user. Trust me, I've seen plenty of evidence.
+1 but only rims,bodykits,spoilers....
Quote from rusty8 :+1 but only rims,bodykits,spoilers....

We're talking about tuning here, get NFS if you wanna "pimp ya ride"
-1, LFS is LFS and keeps LFS, no need other versions..
Ricers can go play NFS? There is so damn much of these ricer games no need new ones. You are now just feeding ricers with your damn tune for speed things. There is no harm about ricers imo, even in here forum. I haven't seen these rice posts for a while. AND If scawen etc would start to make some ricer shit, they wouldn't have time to improve the original lfs.
I'm actually going to disagree with the anti-ricer comments here for once. We can't just write them off immediately.

If we were to use my idea (read back, you'll get it) then it would be perfectly easy to add a Drift class of car which has all of the bodykit and such like that is associated with the sport. And since it's just loads of bodykit, the numbers for the cars wouldn't need that much work - just increase drag and weight, maybe add a turbo. Sorted.

Then the serverside option to disable that car would come into play and Race server admins could choose to disable them if they wanted. And obviously Drift servers wouldn't.

I can't believe I just said all of that. I feel dirty. Ricing is bad, but we can't exclude everyone who's interested in it. Even ricer fans like realistic physics

no tuning, lfs as it is or nothing
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :--------------1000000000000000

no tuning, lfs as it is or nothing

ya, all new things is kill LFS, like TCS.
Quote :Just imagine how interesting racing would be if there was a way to really mess up your setup, like fitting a bigger engine and/or a bigger turbo without installing an appropriate cooling system (Clarkson style ). That would certainly make LFS the most realistic sim there is

Greatest idea ever!! like taking a XFG and tune it with ... lets say a antilagged rotary

*sry for huuuge bump fo thread*
Yeah i like the idea of there being different available parts to choose from. But, with a twist.

I propose, changeable parts, exhaust systems, turbos, brakes, gearing, clutch, engine cooling, etc..

The twist is, that most of the settings will give the same overall average performances lap for lap, but you will sacrifice some things, and gain on other things to get the same end result. Take the exhaust for example.

You can have a racing system for for better flow of gasses, but, as similar to real life, you will lose a slight amount of power at lower revs due to poor back pressure, but will get better power at higher revs. Whereas the standard exhaust will give better low end pull as the backpressure is there, but will suffer at higher revs due to the restrictive nature of a smaller bore system.

The same can be applied with turbos. Big turbo with higher boost. Big turbo lag but once revs are up the power will be kick in, vs the smaller turbo, a much better consistant performance overall without the lag, but don't forget, the big turboed cars will catch you up again when their boost arrives.

i find this a contreversial subject to comment on in any depth, but i have done it anyway. people often say how everyone will choose the faster setup, and with this, i feel that would not be the case.

It is just an idea, as it really gives people variety, a choice which is available IRL.
Hoe many times do i have to repeat myself i want jiggling boobs for the female drivers first!!
Quote :I'm actually going to disagree with the anti-ricer comments here for once. We can't just write them off immediately.

If we were to use my idea (read back, you'll get it) then it would be perfectly easy to add a Drift class of car which has all of the bodykit and such like that is associated with the sport. And since it's just loads of bodykit, the numbers for the cars wouldn't need that much work - just increase drag and weight, maybe add a turbo. Sorted.

Then the serverside option to disable that car would come into play and Race server admins could choose to disable them if they wanted. And obviously Drift servers wouldn't.

I can't believe I just said all of that. I feel dirty. Ricing is bad, but we can't exclude everyone who's interested in it. Even ricer fans like realistic physics

Thats the most intelligent thing thats been said in this thread

Quote from Chrisuu01 :Hoe many times do i have to repeat myself i want jiggling boobs for the female drivers first!!

Dude, ****ing +1 for that
i am all for the engine tweaking. but lets be realistic it isn't gonna happen. they have been working on these new GTR interiors since Jesus's super sweet 16. At this point i can only realistically suggest something thats close to complete game
Quote from mazuta :i have licensed. i have all tracks and all cars (

It shows Demo racer under your nickname.

Having all tracks and all cars does not mean you are licensed. By the look of things, you aren't. Then it must be asked, how come you have all tracks and cars if you aren't a licensed racer

Crackz!!! :bananadea
Quote from mazuta :i know but i have all car my friend too have all car and he using that Tune but i cant [img=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3357/lfstuneerror.th.jpg] <<<<< what i need to use?? i have English LFS, and licensed too, but i dont know how to edit it to S2 Licensed. when i registered in lfs.net my cars was only 3. and now i have all. this is old nick. ( sorry for my ugly english )

Login with username you unlocked LFS with.
:wave2:
Quote from Shadowww :Login with username you unlocked LFS with.

Quote from Shadowww ::wave2:

Double post :O

Anyways, Tune for Speed is another name for Need for Speed. And Live for Speed is NOT like or ever going to be like Need for Speed.
Omg, just stop bumping this thread, please. Useless. No comment about the suggestion. Should be locked/deleted.

Tune For Speed
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG